Move Objects

DreamGG

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi Dream!

Ethan's method will work fine if you just have a few individuals to worry about, but it presents a security risk as Callum points out.  People you grant this permission to can move or take your objects ANYWHERE, not just in your home, and not just certain objects.

Another method is to form a group.  Here is information on how to do that: https://community.secondlife.com/knowledgebase/english/creating-managing-moderating-and-disbanding-groups-r48/  NOTE:  Once you create a group, you have 48 hours to add at least one other person to it, or it will dissolve.  I strongly recommend that you invite your own alt first.  ("Alt": an alternate Second Life account.  If you don't have one, create one by going through the sign up process just like you originally did.)  ONLY you and your own alt should ever be in the Owner role in the group.  Once you make anyone else an Owner, the door is open for conflict and Drama down the road.

Anyway...once you have your group, you can invite your partner and friends to join it.  Then you can use the group as a way to let them edit objects that you designate, and ONLY those objects.

Torley Linden has made a great video tutorial about both methods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=18&v=UgJPUQQbQSg

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

give them permission to do so, you can set so in their profile ( legacy profiles ; last tab under your notes)

I never knew those boxes were there - never paid attention apparently. I've always granted those permissions via the icons on the Friends list.

TIL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1992 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.