Revenging Angel1 IRL news

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Good evening everyone on SL.

I'm not even sure if this is the right place to put this thread and I don't know who was close friends with Angel RanDom in-game aside from someone called Randy Burt. But for those wondering where Angel has been these last 2 weeks, Angel has passed on IRL. So, if anyone is able to pass on the news around SL that would be great, thank you :)

• Sad 6

This is absolutely not the place to put this.  For one thing, revealing Real Life information about anyone is forbidden by the Second Life Terms of Service.  For another, YOU don't know for sure that someone has died in Real Life, unless you actually know that person in RL.  Reports of someone's death are very commonly faked on the internet.  And for a third, YOU could be lying about it, in order to cause trouble.  No way for us to know.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Panteleeva said:

Forum is not right place for someone RL info(

i see no RL info
Angel RanDom and Randy Burt are both SL names.

i have known Randy long time ago, he had a nice family and sim inworld, due to different interests friendship and contact faded to 0 during the years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It isn't the first time we've had such things reported here in the forums and likely won't be the last.  All names provided are SL names. 

Hopefully folks aren't being played, which is always my fear in this online world.  Whether true in RL or not, the folks in SL will experience it as real, thus my sympathies to those involved.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/9/2018 at 4:53 PM, Lindal Kidd said:

This is absolutely not the place to put this.  For one thing, revealing Real Life information about anyone is forbidden by the Second Life Terms of Service.  For another, YOU don't know for sure that someone has died in Real Life, unless you actually know that person in RL.  Reports of someone's death are very commonly faked on the internet.  And for a third, YOU could be lying about it, in order to cause trouble.  No way for us to know.

As for it not being the place to put it, why be such a toxic wanker about it and instead just point me in the right direction? No actual real life information is given in anyway. I just thought that those ingame that he was "close" to, might have wanted to know why he wasn't online anymore as I know he spent alot of time ingame. I DO know for sure that Angel has died in real life as i'm his real life son and know that this "game" meant alot to him.

Edited by RevengingAngel1
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, RevengingAngel1 said:

As for it not being the place to put it, why be such a toxic wanker about it and instead just point me in the right direction? No actual real life information is given in anyway. I just thought that those ingame that he was "close" to, might have wanted to know why he wasn't online anymore as I know he spent alot of time ingame. I DO know for sure that Angel has died in real life as i'm his real life son and know that this "game" meant alot to him.

Hi. I didn't know Angel (and I doubt that anyone here did -- the forums represent a pretty small slice of the SL population), but I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. And I think it's kind of you to want to let his friends in-world know about his passing.

In defense of Lindal, let me say that she works very hard to teach and train "residents" (as we call users) in-world in things that include safety and security, and I don't know many people who understand the dynamics of personal interactions and relationships here better than she does. She is right: it is possible to cause a great deal of trouble this way (and I should note that, for that reason as well as for others, it is against Linden Lab's ToS to use someone else's account), and I think her natural instinct to warn and protect came to the forefront here. She is very far from "toxic."

Most of your father's friends will be accessible through his friends list, or his in-world groups. I can't suggest that you use these to contact people directly, because (as I say) it's against the ToS. But perhaps you can locate one or two key friends, and have them pass on the word to others?

What LittleMe says is correct: the mods here will deal with this thread, moving it if appropriate (and shutting it down if not).

Again, I'm very sorry to hear this. I've lost a few in-world friends myself: believe me when I say that the grief and sense of loss can be every bit as real as losing someone you know IRL.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2

On 11/10/2018 at 4:28 AM, Ethan Paslong said:

i have known Randy long time ago, he had a nice family and sim inworld, due to different interests friendship and contact faded to 0 during the years.

Same here. I knew Randy, hmmm... 8 or 9 years ago.

5 hours ago, RevengingAngel1 said:

i'm his real life son and know that this "game" meant alot to him.

Thank you, and I am sorry for your loss! I am sure his friends appreciate that you took the time to say. All too often we sadly find a friend just doesn't log in any more.

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words, Scylla.

Angel, I'm sorry if I came off as an angsty wanker, and I'm sorry for your loss.  You see, a whole lot of people have been known to report the "death" of someone...even themselves...on the internet as a way to upset other people.  Your account's name, "RevengingAngel1" sort of set off my alarms...might have been an alt of the person you mentioned, or maybe you were someone looking for revenge on them, and spreading a false story.  My bad for assuming, but I've been burned before.

Linden Lab has a way to deal with someone's account after their death.  You'll have to provide proof to them that you're next of kin or the executor of their estate.  See this link: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Death_and_other_worries_outside_Second_Life

If Angel had a lot of friends, you might want to do some sort of memorial.  I have seen memorial gardens created for a loved one, and I've also seen memorial services held for them.  There's a church in SL (rather appropriately named "Angel's Church"!) where you can light a candle in memory.  The candle burns for a day, with their name displayed above it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Linden Lab has a way to deal with someone's account after their death.  You'll have to provide proof to them that you're next of kin or the executor of their estate.  See this link: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Death_and_other_worries_outside_Second_Life

If Angel had a lot of friends, you might want to do some sort of memorial.  I have seen memorial gardens created for a loved one, and I've also seen memorial services held for them.  There's a church in SL (rather appropriately named "Angel's Church"!) where you can light a candle in memory.  The candle burns for a day, with their name displayed above it.

QED, what I said about Lindal ^^^^

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Angel, I'm sorry ... You see, a whole lot of people have been known to report the "death" of someone...even themselves

Faked reports do happen, normally as a weak way to get out of a bad relationship, but unfortunately more often then not these reports are true.

The first such event I experienced were a pair of lovers who would visit my National Park Region back in 2007. One was in hospital, both spent their last months and days together, inseperable despite half a world between them. The day came, and they were forever seperated. A lot of people were affected, it was the first such event in the community I was in.

Over the decade that's followed I've lost many people dear to me, sometimes I was fortunate that a relative could get into world and leave a message, other times the friend dissapeared never to log in again. Grief follows both of these events, but there can be no closure with someone who just stops appearing each day, especially if you knew they were sick.

This is a constant that we will need to deal with more and more often in SL as we and our friends and SL family age.

My first avatar is 12 years old in eleven days, each year brings me closer to my own passing. I have left instruction for one of my family to email someone in world, with a desire that they will let people know. And, as we all get older we all approach that time ourselves, we all need to make plans for this. We must to make plans just how we will let our friends and SL family know of our passing.

• Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1990 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.