Flagged for no reason!?

Tympany

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On my alt account I have a gacha resale shop and every so often there will be items flagged. Many times these are items Ive struggled to find a category for but none existed. Usually Im pretty good at narrowing it down and most times I accept the final judgement and just fix the listing ... however, this time I think the ruling was wrong, unfair and unjust. I wasnt flagged for categorizing wrong but for not listing an item as adult (sexually explicit). These were from a toss and throw gacha. You know, you toss the item from your hand in the air and it lands back in your hand to toss again. The items include a lit ball, an 8 ball and a grenade. I will concede that even though the grenade doesnt go boom, just the shell of it might need to be listed as adult because of its weapon status (even though weapons as a whole aren't listed as adult... so Im not sure about that)  ... but a ball? How are these sexually explicit?! Please, if someone could clarify to me how these were correctly flagged, Id appreciate it. Also, there needs to be an open request form for categories that is easy to access from the marketplace. I know one exists, I found it once - but while I am adding items to the marketplace is when I find the need and if there were an easy access point from the merchant resource within each store, it would make it easier to request what is needed.

Screenshot_2.png

I agree as I said, the grenade might be the exception ... but a lit ball? and 8 ball? I think the person got a little flag happy and it needs to be pointed out. I think that when a person, if found flagging inappropriately, should be told.

I have listed all as adult btw ... I'm just curious as to the status of a toy ball and an 8 ball ... because if those are adult for any reason, there are a lot of listings I need to correct. Pool tables (all in the market place as a g rating unless they have adult poses), basket balls, baseballs ... you know, balls lol

Edited by Tympany

That was exactly what I thought, the fact there is one obviously sexually explicit item and an adult (bomb) ... but so should this then condemn the entire gacha? I get the rationalization and I agree with you as far as that this must be the reasoning ... however is it correct?

Should I then go back to look at any gachas where one item in the lot may be adult even if the rest clearly is not?

I am not trying to be difficult i really need to know and not just for my own store, but if I were so inclined to run amok and flag all the errors I see (like the more than not who just dump everything under "used items") should i then commit to flagging others in this manner? I mean I wouldn;t since I employ a modicum of logic to my actions ... but, you know what Im saying, right?

ugh, sorry i am just upset - of all the incorrect flaggings Ive had for some reason, I've finally had it with this one. They also NEED to do something about allowing us to request categories with more ease. I could name a dozen right now that need to be added.

2 minutes ago, Tympany said:

... but so should this then condemn the entire gacha?  ... however is it correct?

Should I then go back to look at any gachas where one item in the lot may be adult even if the rest clearly is not?

From a personal standpoint, I don't really think it should warrant making ALL of the items needing to be flagged as adult. Because that is just silly. I get that the moderators are trying to keep the poster from being viewed by G or M rated viewers but it's a little messy in regards to specific scenarios like this one. I probably would not bother to go back to change other items unless those gets flagged because then it creates what could be more work for not very much payoff, but maybe if you have some downtime and don't mind the task you could.

2 minutes ago, Tympany said:

I am not trying to be difficult i really need to know and not just for my own store, but if I were so inclined to run amok and flag all the errors I see (like the more than not who just dump everything under "used items") should i then commit to flagging others in this manner? I mean I wouldn;t since I employ a modicum of logic to my actions ... but, you know what Im saying, right?

I totally get what you're saying. Sometimes it appears that there is almost no rhyme or reason at all when some items get flagged. Can't tell you how many blatantly miscategorized items I've seen that remain there while others try their best and still get flagged. I say stick to your guns about employing logic when flagging, rather than going on a happy flagging spree. We need more good people on the logical team!

3 minutes ago, Tympany said:

ugh, sorry i am just upset - of all the incorrect flaggings Ive had for some reason, I've finally had it with this one. They also NEED to do something about allowing us to request categories with more ease. I could name a dozen right now that need to be added.

No need to be sorry for venting :) it happens to the better of us. You are right though that a better line of communication for creating categories would be beneficial. There are many communities and niches that need more categories that aren't being recognized yet.

and this opens another can of worms then because this specific gacha is right now sitting on an M rated sim in an event I thought was G rated (as any age can attend) but I guess must be  M rated. In any case I understand this is your opinion Fionalein as is MirandaBowers' and as is my own, and I truly appreciate the input from both sides as it gives me some insight but i am also hoping to hear from someone who can tell be for certain.

Was my listing correctly flagged even though the precise item was not adult in any way shape or form - as were many of the items in this gacha save 2 (one explicit, one not) - and the photo (key) does not show the items in any adult context or explicit way - the gacha is also being sold and is sitting on a sim that is not adult .... so, I ask again, were the 2 items listed (besides the rare grenade) fairly flagged? ... should they be  listed as adult?

Just now, Fionalein said:

If the gacha contains a gacha key (and most do) it should be.

That's a very good point.

Just now, Tympany said:

Was my listing correctly flagged even though the precise item was not adult in any way shape or form - as were many of the items in this gacha save 2 (one explicit, one not) - and the photo (key) does not show the items in any adult context or explicit way - the gacha is also being sold and is sitting on a sim that is not adult .... so, I ask again, were the 2 items listed (besides the rare grenade) fairly flagged? ... should they be  listed as adult? 

It could be that the word "ball" was seen as adult.

It could be that someone has a gripe against you,  or gatchas in general. Maybe they were searching for balls to attach to their male avatar and just annoyed their search was spammed with your gatchas.

It could be as Fionalein mentions, and that the web display has a slightly different interpretation to what goes on inside SL... nudity on MP must be adult, nudity in SL can be Mature.

Or it could be that a Linden had a bad day, was busy, or made a mistake.

16 hours ago, MirandaBowers said:

The items by themselves do not appear to be adult. My guess is that if you used the original gacha poster to advertise the items in the marketplace, since it has other adult imagery depicted, that would be the reason your items were possibly flagged.

This.

You's be amazed at how easily stuff gets flagged. I have a friend who makes Life-2 and XeoLife roleplay "foods" and things. He said he has a "Grocery Bag" item that has a bunch of stuff, as you walk out of the supermarket and he listed the contents and among them was "Near-Beer, non-alcoholic beer-flavored drink".

It was flagged and delisted as "ADULT" LOL His response? Remove that "near beer" from the listing and relist with the same rating. No problems since (to my understanding). Though the image is super important because G-rated stuff can be seen by the world, no login necessary. So even if it's a G-rated item, if the picture shows anything otherwise, then I can see why (and, perhaps, agree) it would be flagged.

And in hindsight, perhaps description also counts?

You are wrong on several accounts:

• You were not flagged inappropriatly but appropriatly - if someone flags you inappropriatly you will never see it.
  • You are responsible for your products, just because someone sold you an adult item on a moderate sim does not give you an excuse to ignore maturity ratings. As the gacha among others cotains a throwable sex toy and most likely contains a gacha key it clearly should be flagged in the original fair as well.
Edited by Fionalein
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

My torch was flagged for being wrongly rated, because the photo model holding it in the product picture was smoking a cigar.

Sadly this is the current US law... classics like "Breakfast at Tiffany's" will soon be re-rated "for adult viewers only" if they continue down that road...

Edited by Fionalein

• Moderators

Ladies and Gentlemen.

All of this "confusion" can be eliminated if you would read the Marketplace Listing Guidelines. 

Unfortunately, it is very easy to see who has, and has not, bothered to do so.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/listing_guidelines#adult-guidelines

Items that contain "Depictions of or references to alcohol or tobacco use." MUST be set to the Moderate Maturity Rating. If the image on your listing shows cigars or cigarettes or ashtrays, or the model in the image is smoking a cigarette, your listing MUST be set to the Moderate Maturity Rating, as you agreed to do when you accepted and agreed to abide by the Marketplace Listing Guidelines when you created your store.

Items that contain "Content or items intended for use in, or primarily associated with, erotic or sexual roleplay," MUST be set to the Adult Maturity Rating.  If the image on the listing contains anything of a sexual nature, like vibrators and dildo's, the listing MUST be set to the Adult Maturity Rating, as you agreed to do when you accepted and agreed to abide by the Marketplace Listing Guidelines when you created your store. 

As a seller, YOUR responsibility is to ensure that the items you sell comply with the policies you agreed to comply with. 

If your item is unlisted, you are sent an email with the link to the listing and the reason why it was unlisted or removed. 

You should immediately review both your listing and the section of the Listing Guidelines to better understand why your product was unlisted.

If you are still not sure, you should create a Support Ticket and ask for clarification or additional information and include a link to the listing itself so that a member of CS can look at the listing and then explain to you exactly why the item was unlisted. 

As humans, there ARE mistakes that are made, however, it should be absolutely obvious that sex toys in a product listing image would mean that the item should be set to Adult and that unlisting items that contain sex toys was not a mistake. 

Edited by Dakota Linden
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

So if said items were unpacked and the gacha key with the sex toy removed it would be general again?

It isn't necessary to unpack the item. But the Gacha Key image used on the listing has sex toys in it. The seller can either choose to use a graphics program to black out those items, or they can choose to use only an image that shows the exact, non sexual, item they are selling, and not the entire Gacha Key that has the adult content on it. 

As long as the item/image/listing itself does not contain Adult (or Moderate) content, the listing can be set to the General Rating. 

Edited by Dakota Linden
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

What is the use if the full gacha key is still inside the box? Which is the case in many gachas...  ;) 

As long as the listing itself, including the item & image, does not contain adult content, the listing can remain General. 

Including the Gacha Key in the package has no impact on the listing itself. 

Edited by Dakota Linden
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, Blaze Nielsen said:

So, what you're saying Dakota is if you don't see any adult content referenced in the listing then the item can remain General. Please make sure your staff is clear about this. 

Dakotas staff knows their job... The listing guidelines he linked have all this info, if you ignore it and get flagged thats on you the merchant. I suppose you want them to hold your hand and point out the specifics on each and every flagged item? Get real... 

7 hours ago, Blaze Nielsen said:

So, what you're saying Dakota is if you don't see any adult content referenced in the listing then the item can remain General.

Taken all together, and not just focussing on one post:

• General if the items, image, and listing are all general.
  • Moderate if the items, image, and listing are mixed general/moderate, or all moderate.
  • Adult if any of the items, image, or listing are adult.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1

• Moderators
On 11/12/2018 at 1:42 AM, Blaze Nielsen said:

So, what you're saying Dakota is if you don't see any adult content referenced in the listing then the item can remain General. Please make sure your staff is clear about this. 

Hello Blaze!

If the item itself is General Rated content (does not have sex animations, etc) AND the listing has no Moderate or Adult content, then the item listing may be set to the General Maturity Rating. 

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1983 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.