Problem Regarding Sales and Receiving Lindens

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been noticing for a few weeks now that my Lindens for my sales are not showing up.  

Let me give an example of what is happening now from yesterday to today.

Yesterday, 11/6/18, I know what my balance is when I log on at 6 a.m.

My balance is the same all day.

I wake up this morning, 11/7/18 to check my store and I see items have sold overnight.  However, my linden balance is the same as yesterday.  It has not gone up.

This has been happening for weeks.

I don't know what to do.

More Information:  I just looked at my transaction log and about eight items have sold...I saw no reflection of that in my lindens going up from 11/4 until this morning 11/7.

At first, I thought, oh, I must be getting lindens, not paying attention, and spending them.

That is not the case - I sold overnight and there is NO increase nor change in my lindens from yesterday to today.  And, looking at how much sold recently...I was astonished!  

I've noticed this many times...my lindens are not going up.  Yes, I spend, but the balance stays the same a long time after an expenditure.  

Again, I don't know what to do.

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I have been noticing for a few weeks now that my Lindens for my sales are not showing up.  

Let me give an example of what is happening now from yesterday to today.

Yesterday, 11/6/18, I know what my balance is when I log on at 6 a.m.

My balance is the same all day.

I wake up this morning, 11/7/18 to check my store and I see items have sold overnight.  However, my linden balance is the same as yesterday.  It has not gone up.

This has been happening for weeks.

I don't know what to do.

More Information:  I just looked at my transaction log and about eight items have sold...I saw no reflection of that in my lindens going up from 11/4 until this morning 11/7.

At first, I thought, oh, I must be getting lindens, not paying attention, and spending them.

That is not the case - I sold overnight and there is NO increase nor change in my lindens from yesterday to today.  And, looking at how much sold recently...I was astonished!  

I've noticed this many times...my lindens are not going up.  Yes, I spend, but the balance stays the same a long time after an expenditure.  

Again, I don't know what to do.

Your transaction history is the same with nothing registered?   I suggest you contact support 

10 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Your transaction history is the same with nothing registered?   I suggest you contact support 

My transactions show I've sold items overnight but there is no increase in my lindens from when I logged off last night.

I had been noticing this pattern for weeks and saying to myself "why aren't my lindens increasing...I know I sold items...oh, I must not be paying attention."

But, that is not what is happening.

It's been going on for weeks. 

I have been ill for about a month with an infection and a little slow, but this is really happening.

Yes, I need to file a report immediately and will look where to do that as I am not sure where to file. 

8 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

How about a screenshot of your transactions being recorded but your balance not changing?

I've tried doing a screenshot Pamela and was not successful at understanding how to do that, though that was on Windows 7 last time I tried it (a long time ago).  I am now on Windows 10...how do you do a screenshot as I have never done one before?  But, it's a great idea!

Additionally, I just now submitted the report.  

4 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

I've tried doing a screenshot Pamela and was not successful at understanding how to do that, though that was on Windows 7 last time I tried it (a long time ago).  I am now on Windows 10...how do you do a screenshot as I have never done one before?  But, it's a great idea!

Additionally, I just now submitted the report.  

I use https://gyazo.com  for screen shots

• Like 2

Screenshots are not for 

44 minutes ago, FairreLilette said:

Thank you both for your help!  The report is filed and now I will go to learn how to do screenshots because I think it's an excellent way to keep records!

Not a good way to keep records, but for showing someone what you see. Most people are going to be skeptical about the transaction record failing to update.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

M'kay .... Sometimes the balance shown to you in the client program does not update. Sometimes the balance shown to you on the Marketplace itself .... does not update (for a time).

What often does update? Your balance upon logging into Secondlife.com - the main site.

If that is not updating then yes, you have a problem.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

The report is filed and now I will go to learn how to do screenshots because I think it's an excellent way to keep records!

That's very simple with Windows 8 and 10: The Windows key+ PrtSc. The file wil be in the Screenshots folder in your Images folder.

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I just use PrtSc then crop in MSPaint, save as .png file.

Seriously, still? With Mac, a single keyboard command allows you to crop and save, and has from probably the 80s. Saving into Dropbox by default also gives you an automatic URL to it. Fifteen years ago when I had to use a PC at school I found it so annoying that I could not do that. I am amazed you still can’t. 

(uh oh now I’ve done it.)

Edited by Pamela Galli
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Pamela Galli said:

I don’t suppose the OP plans to show her screen shot.

I have a screenshot, but it's meaningless as it's after the fact.  So, I don't know why you'd want to see a screenshot now?

Anyhow, yes, looked up how to take a screenshot on Windows 10 and it's a print screen key between f12 and scroll lock, and now I forgot the rest.  But, yes, I was able to locate the screenshot area and am able to take a screenshot with ease.

Why I failed in yester-years when I tried, I have no idea as it was so easy.  

I am keeping written transaction now.

The report is filed and it is between LL and me now, and me to keep a record (I'm writing it down).

Screenshot at every end of day before you go to bed is not a bad idea to keep a record though.  

If I have a problem with someone coming into my viewer with username and password and using Lindens while I'm asleep, it is being looked in to.  

I have nothing to update right now.  

Yeah, didn’t think so. 

Its not meaningless after the fact, tho. You said your transaction balance does not change after a sale, any sale. If so, show a screen shot of sales with no balance update. 

I have no idea what you mean about people “coming into” your viewer while you are sleeping.

• Like 3

On 11/8/2018 at 10:25 PM, FairreLilette said:

If I have a problem with someone coming into my viewer with username and password and using Lindens while I'm asleep, it is being looked in to.  

That would show up on your transaction history, on your dashboard. No matter if the transaction is of a monetary gift, paying an object, or using the marketplace. All L$ transactions and the use of pay/buy function will show up there.

• Like 2

It should be noted that no one can "come into your viewer" .....

Maliciously coded objects could siphon $L from you - if you're foolish enough to give an unknown object debit permissions that is.

You could be phished and thus another user could just log in to your account using a wholly different computer - and any viewer - to drain funds.

That all assumes something nefarious going on.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1965 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.