AngstyJellyfish

Can't use Library Avatars. What's the problem?

Question

I can't wear any of the avatars in the library. I chose Illiana as my starter but I wanted to try on Kara. I drag the folder onto my avatar and all I get is the shape and nothing else. The same with Morgan and Leah. What's the issue and how do I fix it?

4 answers to this question

is some kinda technical issue with Library outfits which happens intermittently. Dunno what exactly

what is supposed to happen is when we drag or Replace Outfit or copypasta, a copy of the outfit is put in our Clothing folder, then we wear the copy

Testing it right now, copypasta Amy only copies the shape from Library. Attempting to Replace Outfit with Amy crashed my viewer - Second Life Release 5.1.9.519298 (64bit). When I relogged then am wearing Amy and all good.  Attempting to Replace Outfit with Anna after crashing worked fine :).  So yeah! intermittent.  Suggest that you can only keep trying and hope you don't crash and is all good for you eventually also

Yeah same issue and same solution as elle, rightclick folder and replace outfit and poof folder get's copied to inventory - maybe old invoentory single copy stuff only worked on the UDP assets servers?

On 11/7/2018 at 12:49 AM, AngstyJellyfish said:

What's the issue and how do I fix it?

As the others said, the library is broken for all recent avatars. The solution is simple though: in the "Me" menu, select "Choose an avatar" and click on the one you like.

Anyone still having this problem?
I can wear the latest batch of outfits from the Library without a problem today.