operationhammerman

A list of ALL accounts

37 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

And lo! Who should appear but the nefarious Leader of All the Cabals, the puppetmaster behind the infamous Ladies Who Lunch!

/me taps the OP on the shoulder, and points to your name.

You had to go there, huh?

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

You had to go there, huh?

One works with the tools at hand, Dillon.

Besides, think of it as a kind of public service, like a "Wanted" poster, or an emergency alert across social media. There are people, still, who don't KNOW how dangerous Maddy is!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

One works with the tools at hand, Dillon.

Besides, think of it as a kind of public service, like a "Wanted" poster, or an emergency alert across social media. There are people, still, who don't KNOW how dangerous Maddy is!

Yeah, well. Just make sure you don't re-ignite anything (speaking of combustion as we tangentially were). We'll all be kicking then ;-).

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

/me taps the OP on the shoulder, and points to your name.

I do have the entire list, which currently stands at 56,824,617 names. For the curious, there are 32,613,325 residents with the surname "Resident". That surname surpassed the sum total of all other surnames on Dec 16, 2016. Since midnight, 7952 people have joined SL. There will be a rush of signups (about 8K, unless the election reduces signup activity) after dinner in the US, but concurrency will end the day as it started, at around 28K. The day's high was several hours ago, at 47,991.

Unfortunately, I only release the list to those who have been banned from SL.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Fixed a typo in the day's high concurrency.
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

1 hour ago, KanryDrago said:
1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Except those of us who are dangerous.

Is that when you arent wearing ladybird slippers?

I can neither confirm nor deny.

9 hours ago, operationhammerman said:

Where can I obtain a list of all accounts ever made with SL?

I would like the names of everyone who has signed up.

Just to be clear: I am NOT looking for surnames only, and am well aware of the existence of SLNamewatch. I want a list that gives me ALL players who have signed up, first name and last name, right from the start.

Any help gratefully received.

That is gonna be a negative ghost rider, but we appreciate that you asked so nicely. However, I would be curious to hear why you need such a list, you are welcome to PM me here on the forums with why! 

-Tommy Linden

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 6

Just now, Madelaine McMasters said:

I can neither confirm nor deny.

Are you being forced to make these statements? Blink for “yes”. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy Linden said:

That is gonna be a negative ghost rider, but we appreciate that you asked so nicely. However, I would be curious to hear why you need such a list, you are welcome to PM me here on the forums with why! 

-Tommy Linden

Your chance of a response is as near zero as makes no difference, hall mark troll a single post to start and stir the pot then no other posts

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Except those of us who are dangerous.

Thinking of you as dangerous just seems like it's missing something.  Nefarious, though - that has more cachet to it. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, moirakathleen said:

Thinking of you as dangerous just seems like it's missing something.  Nefarious, though - that has more cachet to it. 

How do you know this isn't exactly what I want you to think?

(I was too lazy to log in as Snugs to post this.)

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Being lazy is a nefarious quality! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Being lazy is a nefarious quality! 

about lazy

when something must be done because urgent, then put it on the list for tomorrow or next week/year because will be even more urgent then

:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

That would be …   very nefarious of you. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I do have the entire list, which currently stands at 56,824,617 names. For the curious, there are 32,613,325 residents with the surname "Resident". That surname surpassed the sum total of all other surnames on Dec 16, 2016. Since midnight, 7952 people have joined SL. There will be a rush of signups (about 8K, unless the election reduces signup activity) after dinner in the US, but concurrency will end the day as it started, at around 28K. The day's high was several hours ago, at 47,991.

Unfortunately, I only release the list to those who have been banned from SL.

This is what I mean. Who but a high-ranking member of the LWL Illuminati would have such ready access to information like this?

Dangerous . . .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

This is what I mean. Who but a high-ranking member of the LWL Illuminati would have such ready access to information like this?

Dangerous . . .

The thing about us being the Illuminati was supposed to be a secret, see?

On a lighter note seeing the group name earlier today got me thinking of all that, and I still think the funniest bit of all was your courthouse beat reporter drama and subsequent thread (which of course got AR'd out of existence by humorless chumps).

• Like 2

i saw in one SL group that one dude wanted   for every avatar to have kinda "list of alts" .Like you see profile of Bob7864x and in his profile you can see list of his alts.lol

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

SELECT r.FIRST_NAME, r.LAST_NAME FROM dbo.RESIDENTS r with (nolock)

Note to self: Set an alt's display name to 

Robert'); DROP TABLE VISITORS;--

and see how many visitor trackers I can crash.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

I still think the funniest bit of all was your courthouse beat reporter drama and subsequent thread (which of course got AR'd out of existence by humorless chumps).

Wait, what? I did a courthouse beat reporter thread?????

Why do I not remember this?

I've seen some mixed stuff in this thread. I'll answer a few things:

• Does someone have a right to such list? Yes. Names, as well as UUIDs, profile info, etc are all considered public information.
  • Does such a list exist? Not entirely, but there are a few with almost everyone. I have such a list. However, I use this list responsibly for various APIs to help extend Second Life. Even at the time of writing, my list is already missing at least 1,000+ residents(See https://secondlife.softhyena.com/stats, every 10 minutes is about 1,000 new residents!).

Now, to answer your question of where you can get such a list.

You have to either compile it yourself, which requires knowledge of how the grid works, or ask someone politely(and state your true purpose of wanting such a list) who has such a list.

Will I give you the list I have? No. Not with the information you have provided so far. Considering various people like to abuse these lists for reasons I am highly against(Notecard spam, teleport spam, invite spam, etc), I am very particular about whom I give access to this list to. In specific, I only give it to fellow researchers and digital scientists who sign a written contract(Not a silly notecard "contract". A real, faxed contract, with real name and contact info, written by a real lawyer), stating a lot of restrictions what you cannot do with the list, all in fancy legalese(You might want to get a lawyer for it!), including but not limited to, you cannot use it to spam people, engage contact with people unless they directly and knowledgeably engage contact first, if they willingly sign up to a list they must be given a clear and direct way to unsubscribe from the list without asking someone(Must be a link, must be directly layed out in each automated contact with said resident), and a whole bunch of other fun restrictions! Of course this isn't the legalese version but you get the drift. People who have these lists have high respect for both Linden Lab and the residents who inhabit Second Life, we do not want to cause it any harm so we are very clingy to our lists. Besides my internet cannot upload 5GB in a reliable time, it's like 100KiB/s upload?

For reference because people will probably angrily send me messages, the few people who have access to my version of the list are people I know and trust, as such it has never been in the hands of a spammer, so don't kill me pls. The list I have is well over 5GB of data(which I have to refactor to account for name changes ;-;), which is beyond the limit of a single notecard, and is stored in a proprietary format, and does not contain "last logged in" information, as such will result in a ton of inactive/bot accounts which would otherwise waste a spammer's time.

Your previous post, claiming to be a "Second Life Police officer", which is actually against the Terms of Service(Potentially falsefully representing a Linden Lab employee, improper use of the Second Life trademark), the claim of being an account from 2009 which does not exist, my dislike of those who try to enforce imaginary rules or enforce terms of service without any right to do so(often by means of griefing) as many "SL police" do, and your false claims that 70% of furries are griefers, on a account less than a month old(Possibly anonymity?), with no profile info, further raises my suspicions that you do not have the good will of a honest researcher, as such I will not be granting my blessings of this list upon you and you will be required to construct your own list.

If you do decide to construct your own list, keep in mind the Terms of Service, as well as to be polite to the data server. It is already bogged down as it is with regular requests, bot requests should be done so generously that it's impact is unnoticeable. Not to "fly under the radar", but so that is seen as not causing an issue.

However, I am curious, what is your intent for such a list?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

I've seen some mixed stuff in this thread. I'll answer a few things:

• Does someone have a right to such list? Yes. Names, as well as UUIDs, profile info, etc are all considered public information.
  • Does such a list exist? Not entirely, but there are a few with almost everyone. I have such a list. However, I use this list responsibly for various APIs to help extend Second Life. Even at the time of writing, my list is already missing at least 1,000+ residents(See https://secondlife.softhyena.com/stats, every 10 minutes is about 1,000 new residents!).

Now, to answer your question of where you can get such a list.

You have to either compile it yourself, which requires knowledge of how the grid works, or ask someone politely(and state your true purpose of wanting such a list) who has such a list.

Will I give you the list I have? No. Not with the information you have provided so far. Considering various people like to abuse these lists for reasons I am highly against(Notecard spam, teleport spam, invite spam, etc), I am very particular about whom I give access to this list to. In specific, I only give it to fellow researchers and digital scientists who sign a written contract(Not a silly notecard "contract". A real, faxed contract, with real name and contact info, written by a real lawyer), stating a lot of restrictions what you cannot do with the list, all in fancy legalese(You might want to get a lawyer for it!), including but not limited to, you cannot use it to spam people, engage contact with people unless they directly and knowledgeably engage contact first, if they willingly sign up to a list they must be given a clear and direct way to unsubscribe from the list without asking someone(Must be a link, must be directly layed out in each automated contact with said resident), and a whole bunch of other fun restrictions! Of course this isn't the legalese version but you get the drift. People who have these lists have high respect for both Linden Lab and the residents who inhabit Second Life, we do not want to cause it any harm so we are very clingy to our lists. Besides my internet cannot upload 5GB in a reliable time, it's like 100KiB/s upload?

For reference because people will probably angrily send me messages, the few people who have access to my version of the list are people I know and trust, as such it has never been in the hands of a spammer, so don't kill me pls. The list I have is well over 5GB of data(which I have to refactor to account for name changes ;-;), which is beyond the limit of a single notecard, and is stored in a proprietary format, and does not contain "last logged in" information, as such will result in a ton of inactive/bot accounts which would otherwise waste a spammer's time.

Your previous post, claiming to be a "Second Life Police officer", which is actually against the Terms of Service(Potentially falsefully representing a Linden Lab employee, improper use of the Second Life trademark), the claim of being an account from 2009 which does not exist, my dislike of those who try to enforce imaginary rules or enforce terms of service without any right to do so(often by means of griefing) as many "SL police" do, and your false claims that 70% of furries are griefers, on a account less than a month old(Possibly anonymity?), with no profile info, further raises my suspicions that you do not have the good will of a honest researcher, as such I will not be granting my blessings of this list upon you and you will be required to construct your own list.

If you do decide to construct your own list, keep in mind the Terms of Service, as well as to be polite to the data server. It is already bogged down as it is with regular requests, bot requests should be done so generously that it's impact is unnoticeable. Not to "fly under the radar", but so that is seen as not causing an issue.

However, I am curious, what is your intent for such a list?

So, judging from what you have written. You are a Linden Lab employee that has access to the name and keys of all recent SL sign ups?. You say your list is missing at least 1000+ names as every 10 minutes is 1000 new residents. But given the impression of what you have written I highly doubt that all these residents are willingly signing up to your list for you to be able to obtain their names so i'm curious how you are doing this if you are not a lab employee?. Also, if you are not a lab employee what possible API's could you be writing that involve needing to know every single persons name and key on the grid to extend Second Life and lastly....in what way are you trying to extend Second Life that requires you to know near every single residents name and key?.

Edited by chibiusa Ling
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2