Sex & Nudity in Mature Mainland?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Fionalein said:

dug it up:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Adult_Content_FAQ#What_does_.22behind_closed_doors.22_mean.3F

LOL I'm never sure with you wether you are joking or mean it. Of course if you get successfully ARed it wasn't allowed in the first place or the AR would not have succeeded. It's never OK when it brakes the maturity level guidelines - many folks just didn't cet caught yet.

You are beginning to figure me out: I never take *anything* SL seriously. :)

14 hours ago, Jaysson Turbo said:

Would any of the follow be allowed in Mature Mainland?

-Fully Nude Avatar (Of course not a child avatar.)

Yes, and yes. Kids can be naked.

-Very sexually explicit items inside home.

Yes. As long as it's inside walls. If people cam inside it's their problem.

-Nude Pictures on walls inside home.

Yes. See above.

-Sexual acts inside home.

Yes.

Adult lets you do sex in public, mature lets you do sex inside your home. As long as you have parcel privacy on, as long as all sex objects are inside walls you are ok.

12 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

One possibility would be to script all the RL pr0n to only show the nudie pics while you (or specified friends) are on the parcel, and otherwise show G-rated landscapes, still lifes, etc. That would only limit the exposure, though, because while it's showing viewers outside the parcel could still cam in and see it, too.

I used to do this. My frame displayed a picture of Jesus and the the Last Supper when not home, then started showing naked guys when I arrived.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/30/2018 at 3:54 PM, Drucilla Zeplin said:

On a similar kind of subject, why are places that forbid nudity showing up in adult land? Why don't they mention that in the descriptions of the land or have rules that state it? It is frustrating.

Adult land does not automatically equal nudity.  If a store sells sexual items, then it must be on Adult land, but that doesn't mean the store owner has to allow nudity in the store.  Ditto for various other things that require an Adult location.  And there is nothing that states an advertisement must explicitly state that nudity is not allowed.  Typically those rule will be stated at the landing point and most places will give you a short bit of time to TP out or put on clothes.

On 11/6/2018 at 4:27 PM, Fionalein said:

Or move to Zindra ;)

I like owning property on Zindra. Zindra has a higher population density than the other continents. Look at the green dots on the world map. Griefing is rare; two incidents in the last year. Most of the neighbors are OK. Initial land cost is a little higher, but tier is the same as elsewhere. There's not  much in-your-face sex. Ads for it, yes, but Los Angeles has those.

Zindra has its own ocean and some wide rivers. Boating almost as good as the Blake Sea. There's plenty of land available, much of it in good locations.

I'm not even running an adult business. Just transportation R&D, as Animats Advanced Vehicle Technologies. Motorcycles, helicopters, moving sidewalks, escalators. I don't have to be in Zindra. I like having a place in a big city, and Kama City has more going on than most other large cities in SL.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, animats said:

Los Angeles has those.

Now you've done it. Everyone except myself and himself will be moving to LA soon. xD

Big cities? *shudders* No, thanks. I've had more than my fill of big cities. Just last year I moved to a town of less than 24k population to get away from the worst of the Portland Metro area. It's much healthier out here on the edge of the boonies.

I feel the same way in SL. That's why I'm looking for something that almost doesn't exist in SL, roleplay that occurs outside of the populated areas of an RP sim. o.O

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2018 at 11:07 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Adult land does not automatically equal nudity.  If a store sells sexual items, then it must be on Adult land, but that doesn't mean the store owner has to allow nudity in the store.  Ditto for various other things that require an Adult location.  And there is nothing that states an advertisement must explicitly state that nudity is not allowed.  Typically those rule will be stated at the landing point and most places will give you a short bit of time to TP out or put on clothes.

I get that, but it is seriously frustrating to pop into a sim that doesn't even have the rules posted clearly and be told to leave cuz your boobs are showing. Then they say it's against the rules but they don't show the rules or even give you the rules. It just would be a nice public service to say no topless avi's. Though I still think it is such a double standard. Men can be topless but women are shamed by being topless.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Drucilla Zeplin said:

Then they say it's against the rules but they don't show the rules or even give you the rules.

Always check the land description, or if it's a private region the covenant (I post my rules in the covenant)

54 minutes ago, Drucilla Zeplin said:

Though I still think it is such a double standard. Men can be topless but women are shamed by being topless.

Well, that's America for you.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:
1 hour ago, Drucilla Zeplin said:

Men can be topless but women are shamed by being topless.

Well, that's America for you.

Cuz dem female nipplez iz EVIL..... EVIL I tell ya !!!

Some areas of the US have gotten over it.  In Boulder CO women can go topless in public.  There are one or two parks in Denver CO where women can go topless.  Likely a few other spots around the US (not counting nudist resorts), but not many.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 2

Just wanted to note that these rules have change GREATLY over the years, so it is easy to find conflicting info.  Both the knowledge bases and the wiki are frequently not kept up, so yes ---- it is often very difficult to tell what the current rules are.

6 hours ago, Drucilla Zeplin said:

Though I still think it is such a double standard. Men can be topless but women are shamed by being topless.

At some point back in the Middle Ages -- about 2010 I think? -- a number of women forumites protested that double standard on the forums by posting topless pics of ourselves on a thread that drew attention to that double standard.

The thread was, of course, nuked, but I don't remember their being any actual sanctions against those of us who posted in it.

I suspect that would not be the case today: deliberate defiance of the "standards" here would likely, I think, be met with actual disciplinary action.

This thread perfectly illustrates my reason for residing on Zindra. To my knowledge, I don't do anything that wouldn't be permitted in a Mature sim. However, by residing in an Adult sim, I just don't have to worry about it.

I don't know why my text is underlined.

Edited by Jennifer Boyle
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

At some point back in the Middle Ages -- about 2010 I think? -- a number of women forumites protested that double standard on the forums by posting topless pics of ourselves on a thread that drew attention to that double standard.

The thread was, of course, nuked, but I don't remember their being any actual sanctions against those of us who posted in it.

I suspect that would not be the case today: deliberate defiance of the "standards" here would likely, I think, be met with actual disciplinary action.

I say you ladies should try again.. We men of the forums will support your rights to be topless 100%!!! Free The Nipple!!!!! Post all the topless pictures you want. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Drucilla Zeplin said:

O I gather you have not visited the proper neighbourhoods of fine culture.
Clothing is highly optional in those places and we don't shake hands there. But I am all for you getting your knockers out.

If you like I can introduce you to a few. 

Edited by iamyourneighbour

3 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

I say you ladies should try again.. We men of the forums will support your rights to be topless 100%!!! Free The Nipple!!!!! Post all the topless pictures you want. 

Your moral support is appreciated. It's nice to know that you have our back, Drake.

Or our front, as the case may be.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 4:54 AM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

You do still need to set your land to hide avatars to anyone not on the parcel. Sex acts are fine on M land but they cant be visible to the general public.  Nude pictures are ok, sexual pictures are not.

Scratch that, photos of nudes are not allowed on M land.  

"The Adult designation applies to Second Life regions that host, conduct, or display content that is sexually explicit, intensely violent, or depicts illicit drug use.  A region must be designated Adult if it hosts, advertises, or publicly promotes:

• Photo-realistic nudity."

So apparently if its RL nudes, no. SL nudes, yes?  

The maturity policy has been confusing the heck of me for the past few years. It seems to get tweaked every so often with narry a peep about the changes.

If nude photos are not allowed on M, I also wonder about nudes of avatars? For many years there was a mall on a water sim that faced a G rated lake. On the sim border, on the M side, they had placed nude images facing out to the G side. Basically skins or posters for sale - I forget. AR'd it, was still there a year after... so... ok...

For years after the 'A' policy came out most nude beaches in SL were M land. The largest (I think) nudist resort in SL is still M land...
- However I've noticed most of them have shifted to A, or... my search filters have...

My last read of the policy implied I shouldn't just be walking around nude on M, yet that it's ok to be nude. Do I just have to stand still? Last time I read it was about a year ago though...

I've largely abandoned M land where I can - it's just too confusing. G is at least clear in what the rules are.
- When I go to M land it's either to known places, short visits, or I just wear a ful body alpha texture and no attachments... sometimes I put something on... Basically what I do is as confusing and moody as the policy itself... I have no idea until my fingers are hovering over the TP button...

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1945 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.