Looking for investors!

lexyshea

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello there! Thanks so much for taking the time to even click on this topic ❤️ First I'll introduce myself, My name is Alexis but you can call me Lexy if you'd like ?

I'm in the making of becoming an SL entrepreneur! So let's get into it!

The name of my startup is Lexy's machinima studio as you can pretty much guess now, it will be a machinima business. Why this type of business? Well in all honesty, There are 3 main reasons I've chosen a machinima business. #1 I love story telling and sharing it with people! It's a serious passion I have with all my heart, my drive for show business is impeccable! #2 It's highly in demand for people in SL! I say this because in most virtual worlds people love the idea of becoming an Icon, whether that be a fashion icon or a film icon people want it. As you know even in real life the reason why the film industry is so popular is because of the stars and the old talk of fame & fortune. I'm sure most of you can relate. #3 Here is probably a big reason why you're here! The income for a machinima studio can be big (if done right). There is an outstanding number of ways to make money with a machinima studio. An example can be advertising! If you look at some photography studios they may take on logo projects (or adverts). The machinima studio can take on commercial projects! Music video projects for up & coming stars of sl ? and even charge a price for ads and commercials running on the studios channel. Now if you're interested investing in Lexy's machinima studio let me explain, you would be buying a percentage of the business and that percentage you own is the amount of income and profit you get! In other words it's like buying a stock. 

What the money will go towards:

1. Payroll for employees (There are many positions!)

2. Props and stages

3. editing

4. and advertising

To invest we offer you the following google form: 

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSewabxeUwm8XEl-52NTbHpKmEe7wcpdb3SVu4RMq7hrBYnPrA/viewform

please click the link above to get started!

If you have any questions you may leave them on this topic or submit them in privacy in the link above ? 

Edited by lexyshea

8 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

as possible investor you lost my interest now... instead of this you should write

we OFFER you ... as possible investor i MUST nothing

Hello! Thanks for feedback! I'm always looking to improve myself ❤️ it has been updated. If there is anything else you'd like to point out, I'm more then willing to listen. Please enjoy your day and thank you for comment!

7 minutes ago, lexyshea said:

Hello! Thanks for feedback! I'm always looking to improve myself ❤️ it has been updated. If there is anything else you'd like to point out, I'm more then willing to listen. Please enjoy your day and thank you for comment!

it's not only the words what i meant, but also only see what the possible investor has to pay for his share, you didn't tell a lot about the return.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

it's not only the words what i meant, but also only see what the possible investor has to pay for his share, you didn't tell a lot about the return.

Yes I agree with Ethan.  There's nothing to suggest what an investor would get in return other than you thinking it's big business.  Nothing to support this claim. 

• Like 1

Thank you again! I'm 100% with you. For some reason, I hoped most possible investors would ask this question on the google form... as I did not think stating the return in public might be a good idea due to negative responses. However, it seems it's best that I do so everyone will have a better understanding as why they might want to invest! In the google form it does already state the percentages of possible ownership. 

Here it is listed:

5% (requires paying $L 10,000)

10% (requires paying $L 20,000)

15% (requires paying $L 30,000)

20% (requires paying $L 40,000)

Now any income the business makes at all, (I've already states some ways In the very first post) is added together every month. The percentage you own of the business is also the percentage of profit you will receive. Please keep in mind my sweet hearts that this is a startup and that there isn't a way of showing you what the business has made but only what the business can make! Based on the studios rates/prices and performance/clients it may be booming or it could hit rock bottom. Now I can tell you how I plan to manage the business and show you how unlikely it is to hit rock bottom with me in charge. I know I didn't want to make the post to long but I have done serious planning on how to run the business and how the future profits income should look. If you or anyone else seems interested in finding out more, please message me or ask these questions on the google form. I don't plan to type my whole business model to the public. Although I'm more then willing to tell possible investors about the rates and the real money/income I see the business making.?

50 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

If you'd like to know more about the stats the business will possibly make please message me or write on the google form. Thank you ❤️ 

1 hour ago, lexyshea said:
Please keep in mind my sweet hearts that this is a startup and that there isn't a way of showing you what the business has made but only what the business can make!

Oh but it's so much easier to do this in SL because you really can start small and build your way up. There are countless examples because this is how the majority of us have built our own businesses.

And since it's really rather easy to scam people over the internet, joining a project organically is far far safer than just giving a stranger who calls you sweetheart a pile of lindens based on promises and different font sizes :)

• Like 2

Are you roleplaying a business? If so, fine. As an actual business funding scheme, no. You could perhaps put together something like a Kickstarter. But selling an equity stake in a business has rules, and it's hard. Look up "qualified investor", "blue sky laws", and "Howey test" to get started.

If you can structure this as a sale of goods for future delivery, you may be better off. Something like "You're buying 100 copies of the movie to resell if and when it comes out" might work. 

So you (or at least this avatar) is four days old. 

I suggest that you spend at least six month before you try and get people to invest in anything.   Because if you actually ARE new, you really don't understand how SL works. If this is only a new account, then the possibility of a scam is very great and many people know that.

Have you made machinima in SL? If so linking to some examples of your work would be a good start. Having a portfolio of SL video is likely the only way someone would invest. 

I have been making (award winning) machinima for maybe seven years now. My YouTube channel has --- I can't find the number of videos but I think it is around 100 (some are tutorials) and I have 513 followers.  AND that being said, I doubt I could get investors for something like you describe. 

So stick with it and hopefully this can happen for you, but likely not now. 

2 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

Oh but it's so much easier to do this in SL because you really can start small and build your way up. There are countless examples because this is how the majority of us have built our own businesses.

And since it's really rather easy to scam people over the internet, joining a project organically is far far safer than just giving a stranger who calls you sweetheart a pile of lindens based on promises and different font sizes :)

Hello Bitsy Buccaneer! I'll tell you this now, I would never scam people off their hard earned money. I myself know what it's like to go through a scam because I've put myself out there first which is a big no no. Scammers are cold and heartless in my opinion, because at the time I was scammed I broke my arm, lost my job and was going through difficult times yet that ***** still scammed me. Thankfully my process which you have have "guessed about so quickly" is absolutely nothing what you described. Before anyone pays me ANYTHING I do plan to talk to them over the phone. I will give them my personal information and we will sign a real contract together. Those still exist darling :D I was keeping it professional with my different font sizes and my kind names but If you don't like it I have every reason not to care... 

1 hour ago, animats said:

Are you roleplaying a business? If so, fine. As an actual business funding scheme, no. You could perhaps put together something like a Kickstarter. But selling an equity stake in a business has rules, and it's hard. Look up "qualified investor", "blue sky laws", and "Howey test" to get started.

If you can structure this as a sale of goods for future delivery, you may be better off. Something like "You're buying 100 copies of the movie to resell if and when it comes out" might work. 

That sir is a good idea! I will definitely keep that in mind ?  

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

So you (or at least this avatar) is four days old. 

I suggest that you spend at least six month before you try and get people to invest in anything.   Because if you actually ARE new, you really don't understand how SL works. If this is only a new account, then the possibility of a scam is very great and many people know that.

Have you made machinima in SL? If so linking to some examples of your work would be a good start. Having a portfolio of SL video is likely the only way someone would invest. 

I have been making (award winning) machinima for maybe seven years now. My YouTube channel has --- I can't find the number of videos but I think it is around 100 (some are tutorials) and I have 513 followers.  AND that being said, I doubt I could get investors for something like you describe. 

So stick with it and hopefully this can happen for you, but likely not now. 

That is actually really amazing! I would love to see your machinimas if you'd send a link, and thank you for the concern but I GOT this gurlllllll ❤️ I think you might agree it takes someone to have the drive and ambition to succeed. I see that in you and as inspiration.  ?

I was keeping it professional with my different font sizes and my kind names but If you don't like it I have every reason not to care... 

So calling potential investors sweetheart is professional? It hadn't occured to me you were looking for help in making those kinds of movies. There's a bloke who wanders around the forums sometimes named Quinn. Look him up, he might be able to lend a hand.

• Haha 5

35 minutes ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

So calling potential investors sweetheart is professional? It hadn't occured to me you were looking for help in making those kinds of movies. There's a bloke who wanders around the forums sometimes named Quinn. Look him up, he might be able to lend a hand.

haha omg you really took the word "sweetheart" and turned it sexual? Common sense would tell you I didn't use it that way but thanks for the laugh.

5% at 10,000L gives a business capital value of about $US800. Seems a bit under-priced to me for an investor looking at this kind of proposal

assuming a full subscription then $US800 from an investor's pov is more a contribution to your intended SL hobby than a business investment per se

haha omg you really took the word "sweetheart" and turned it sexual? Common sense would tell you I didn't use it that way but thanks for the laugh.

Well, it was a joke :SwingingFriends:

Anyway, if you care to, I'm curious to know in what context 'my sweet hearts' is professional. That has me stumped ?

If you are very new in this world (less than a week?) I would suggest taking Chic's advice to get familiarized with SL and then with making machinima, before looking for investors.  If you are just a new alt for an older account that does have SL experience, especially one which has experience creating machinima, that using that older account might be better - others will know that you know your way around SL, you understand the ins-and-outs of creating machinima in the SL environment, and so forth. 

Either way, I would hope that you have some machinima examples to show people who do contact you to get more details and information about becoming an investor.  Hopefully creating machinima is something that you love to do, and would likely do whether or not you had investors.  Doing something because you just enjoy it often adds something to the final product that isn't there otherwise.

• Like 1

I am up for investing for 5% and will buy another 5% after you finish your first project (if you still need it) ... i am not much afraid with failure of start-up in beginning, I think it will catch up if worked upon by right people ... just that hope you don't get frustrated with SL (many do get beginning ) and keep working on it. Filled the form  .... have a nice day.

PS :- Forum is filled with experienced people who are always ready to help you out when you get stuck ... use it well :)  

I'm still trying to figure out where you think Machinima videos made in SL will make a "huge profit." Who do you think is going to buy them and how much do you see people willing to pay for them? I mean, you can get an actual hollywood movie in SL for less than 500L. Why would anyone pay to see avatars doing anything? 

A little maths here

I pay 10,000 L for 5%

in order to recoup my investment you need to sell  200,000 L worth of videos. lets say you sell them for 500L You would need to sell 400 copies to break even and thats not counting sim rental fees, equipment and paying the "actors." So more like 400K and 800 copies. Is that possible, yes. Is it probable, no. Like @Chic Aeon says, she has 513 followers. I bet they all dont watch every video she makes. Not that its anything on her, just how Youtube works. Oh, and its 514 now :)

Actually her plan is a little bit different then selling her Machinima videos and I agree people might not want to buy Machinima for a lot  .... though you never know ... many people love (including me) love anime and those stuff .. so if acting and directing is good her channel can work out .... I am little hesitant to share her real plan without her permission .. you might like to contact her to know more. and in the end its a start-up and there is risk involved ... :)  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.