Sign in to follow this  
TimeofSilks

Bdsm auctions?

Are there any active/good at matching still left? I looked in the search and most seem dead which feels a little discouraging honestly.

If this is the wrong forum please admin send it to right one ty^^

at the moment there is a dearth of bidders and a oversupply of sellers. What auctions there are currently, are more focused on those who possess good roleplay skills and come with recommendations from others testifying to those skills 

7 hours ago, TimeofSilks said:

Are there any active/good at matching still left? I looked in the search and most seem dead which feels a little discouraging honestly.

If this is the wrong forum please admin send it to right one ty^^

No one wants to play rent-a-girl. It's no different than all the other match-making venues in SL (live auction or via advert panels) - they are a lot more miss than hit.

I am indeed a complete "newbie" to SL.   i recognize and accept that it will take me at least couple months of intensive effort to become fully set up and adept on the site.   Quite honestly, i am becoming older, certainly am able but so far am very inexperienced at "social networking" and "gaming."  i see a definite learning curve ahead, and so i'm generally starting with the "newbie" destinations.  But too, i can see merit in simultaneously plunging ahead, although with diplomacy, admitting that still a beginner to SL toward not p***ing off the experienced "players."  Well, hey, why not offer to be a mentor rather than automatically quick dampen the prospective "slave's" hopes as had motivated her / his joining SL??

I should say that i had similar motivation for  joining SL.  "Slave auctions"??   Oh, wow, that's totally cool.  Since early childhood, i've always been drawn to the idea of being a slave.  But then probably some differences.  i do have years and years of RL experience in being a "consensual slave."   Too, i'm a guy -- bisexual but predominantly gay, tending sissy bit girly -- but overall, unquestionably and contentedly a guy.  

i didn't join SL as replacement, instead as supplement (or maybe better term would be complement) to RL being a "slave."   i guess that i should mention that my most recent RL "Master" passed away couple months ago.  i'd been living in His home for nearly four years.  W/we'd been drifting away from my being "Owned," but still, He was my caregiver and mentor -- which concepts that are extremely important in the tradition of gay "Leather" lifestyle.   Notice that word again -- "mentor"???

i don't want to publish outside-of-SL resources here, which could be problematical.  But there is plenty of support for the consensual RL Master-slave relationship available, and i'm finding that that community has become more heterosexual than gay in recent years.  Feel free to personally contact me. 

i understand the concept that SL isn't any game.  But then too, RL consensual Master-slave is insisted not being just a game, but still, the "slave" does always have choice to walk away, so essentially just "role play" -- fundamentally a game.  i don't see any real difference with SL.  Not that difficult to press couple buttons on the computer, delete the software and permanently sign off the site -- deliberately walk away from the "game."  

Thank Y/you.

boypaul

1 hour ago, boypaul said:

I should say that i had similar motivation for  joining SL.  "Slave auctions"??   Oh, wow, that's totally cool.  Since early childhood, i've always been drawn to the idea of being a slave.  But then probably some differences.  i do have years and years of RL experience in being a "consensual slave."   Too, i'm a guy -- bisexual but predominantly gay, tending sissy bit girly -- but overall, unquestionably and contentedly a guy.  

Based on my ten years of being relatively clueless about Second Life, some thoughts.

The bolded part marks you as different from the majority (probably the vast majority) of Second Life's would-be slaves. I'm pretty sure the majority here are exploring their fantasies (at best) and/or looking mostly for sexual gratification. You actually know what you're doing and what you want; I should think that would make you something of a prize to discerning masters. Unfortunately, there are probably as many—if not more—wannabe masters here than there are wannabe slaves. Finding a master who actually knows how to take on that role's responsibilities and give you what you're seeking is probably going to take some time. I think you're going about it the right way: crawl up the SL learning curve at least until it starts to level off a bit and then go from there. Don't worry a bit about lack of social networking or gaming experience: doesn't really matter much. Nor does your age. Good luck to you.

• Like 1

There is a BDSM Auction that I go to occasionally, and have found a few slaves/subs that have met what we look for. We meaning my husband and I. Now I will agree, that the auctions are filled with people who are more in it for the L's and have none to little experience with actual BDSM and is looking again for either the money or just sexual gratification. However, you can find some people there, buyers and sellers, that actually know the lifestyle, know what they want, and are looking more for the match than anything. 

• Like 2

Mostly I avoid auctions, they are poorly organised spam fests with no redeeming features.

Thinking of one popular (three letter) one, they spam the group chat channel each time a propective slave enters the region, which would be ok if it were useful. But it's not useful because they don't use the account name, nor provide a link to the profile. Just the display name.

"Come to XYZ and meet Joe, one of our slaves on auction"

That's not useful for a dominant. Do they expect me to drop what I am doing, head into the auction region and check out Joe just on the off-chance he might tempt me to bid on him?

I'll keep using Sin Tracker to meet prospective additions to add to my chain. At least profiles can be checked.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Callum Meriman said:

Thinking of one popular (three letter) one, they spam the group chat channel each time a propective slave enters the region, which would be ok if it were useful. But it's not useful because they don't use the account name, nor provide a link to the profile. Just the display name.

I actually used to work for the one you're talking about (I don't now, and haven't for about a year). But yes, the reason they do that is to encourage you to go to the sim and meet the person. Now, it's not everyone's cup of tea and that's just fine. But speaking from a Dominant's perspective, It can be useful. Take a little time go there grab the cards of pictures that catch your interest and then go say hi when they are there. 

I have bought a few girls and boys there myself, and for me. I don't want to see how they are in my im's, I want to see personality, I want to see how they interact locally with people. When I look for a sub/slave, I look for a long-term match and so for me, it works great. 

Just now, Whiteangel Falconvale said:

But yes, the reason they do that is to encourage you to go to the sim and meet the person.

They really don't encourage anyone to come by showing an unlinked display name, and the submissives hoping for lots of bidders lose out as a result.

I'm busy. Display a profile link and I will click it and it will tempt me to come to the region and investigate (just as SIN-T does), or it will jog my memory so that I think "oh yes, that's one whose card I looked at, I was interested in talking to them when they came online".

After all, a profile is a submissive's best advertisement, it shows their intelligence in what's written, and a well thought out one also shows play times, languages, and limits. Display names alone didn't tempt me to stop my important tasks and go check each spammed arrival to sort out the myriad male Bobby's from the myriad female Bobby's.

Just now, Whiteangel Falconvale said:

I don't want to see how they are in my im's, I want to see personality, I want to see how they interact locally with people.

It's nothing to do with IMs, it's the auction organiser rudely expecting a dominant to wait breathlessly, like they are cuffed on a restraint pole and come running for every single display name. It's a lousy system, unfriendly for dominants and it limits the chances of a submissive hoping to be sold at auction.

But, submissives can work past this huge limitation, and a few did. Create a decent profile with playtimes, limits and languages. Add a photo that shows their gender. And they can do a 3 word simple greet after the auto-announce in the spam channel so that any dominants watching can do what the organizer should, give a way to click their name and see the profile and remind people "yep, that's the one I was waiting for".

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

But, submissives can work past this huge limitation, and a few did. Create a decent profile with playtimes, limits and languages. Add a photo that shows their gender. And they can do a 3 word simple greet after the auto-announce in the spam channel so that any dominants watching can do what the organizer should, give a way to click their name and see the profile and remind people "yep, that's the one I was waiting for".

^^ this

specially the part about saying Hi! in the group chat and the open chat when you arrive.  A simple Hello! I am here! does wonders to help make us approachable.  Approachable people initiate contact. Contact leads to conversation. Conversation leads to relationship  

• Like 2