Questions About Whole Region/SIM Owners

Jaysson Turbo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you rent land from a Sim Owner... Like many of those pay x/L Per Week. And you rent land per week.

Here are questions I'm wondering about?

1.Can the sim owner see the like a history log of every Object that was placed? Or only the current objects?
Like if you put down a Bed. Can they see that name of the object etc? Even if you removed it?

2. Can they get a list of all your Avatars worn objects and names? Like oh they are wearing such and such etc?
Second can they see a log of items you changed on your avatar while on the property. So say you equipped
a sword and took it off... could they see a log of that change of gear worn etc?

Thanks.

I assume you're asking about the capabilities a person has as the owner of a region, not what pretty much anybody could do with scripts. If so:

1. No, region owners don't get a log of every object that was placed, and they can't tell what's on your parcel using the region tools. They can, however, get a list of all scripts running on the region. The list has the name of the item as well as the owner, parcel, and location. However, this has to be manually run -- it's not something that runs all the time.

2. No, there's no log of items you've changed on your avatar. There's nothing in the region tools that tells what you're wearing.

2 hours ago, Jaysson Turbo said:

...and I do imagine there are possible scripts and stuff that Landlords or Owners can get within the game... many I already know of... Like security systems, managers...

Parhelion is correct so i don't need to reiterate what he says. I will adress this part:

Honestly... as a landlord myself... once you start policing your tenants you are going to open yourself up to Lab governance, and could end up be banned yourself. It's far safer to turn a complete blind eye to what one's tenants do, as long as they don't flaunt it. I don't care what people do inside their home as long as it's not impacting other people, I'd lay bets most other landlords felt the same.

Even if it were possible and done, the offworld database required would be enormous. Object names are not small amount of text and this hypothetical evil landlord would be recording the object name, your key and possibly a position. Inside a month or two she would have hundreds of GB of data to sift through *and pay for*. Disk space costs.

6 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Hmm doing that as a tenant is discourteous to say the least.  If I caught someone doing that they'd be out on their ear.

yes, but if he rents the whole sim it's just one click to set the rating to another one. ( if it's private estate,..won't work on mainland as far i know)

What? I haven't got a clue what you're talking about.

If a landlord rents out a whole sim to someone, and the someone wants if to be an adult sim, or a moderate sim, or the other one, the landlord will change it, unless there is some compelling reason not to. Landlords are in the business of renting land out, and if a potential tenants wants a whole adult sim, any landlord with an unrented sim of any rating would switch it to adult if it isn't already, and provide it.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Sorry, are you saying the region owner should change the rating to suit a disrespectful tenant?

if he rents a whole sim, whats wrong with changing the maturity? ..móst landlords offer EM rights so renters can do it themselves.
We'r not talking about multiple tenants or neighbours in this case.

54 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

if he rents a whole sim, whats wrong with changing the maturity? ..móst landlords offer EM rights so renters can do it themselves.
We'r not talking about multiple tenants or neighbours in this case.

I quoted you, Ethan, but this is a reply to both of you above, since you're saying much the same thing.  We don't actually know how much of a region the OP is  renting.  If he rents the whole and there's nothing in the Covenant that precludes certain ratings then, yes, it's a simple matter to change.  I'm talking about the situation where less than a whole region is being rented.  Again, though, we don't yet know.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
sp

Oh man.... Guys! I it was mainly a question for curiosity sake. I appreciate the attention and feedback. To settle your imagination of why I'm so WORRIED! oh no... and what kind of region I'm renting... Well none... I'm not even sure I will be playing Second Life in 1 week or couple months from now. I used to own land many months(edit oops meant to say years.) ago. I have not rented land or owned land in a long time. I would need to be rich to own or rent a whole server. Well I could but it would be a big waste of money for me. I'm a noob. And I have no content to sell. lol

I was just curious of some game features thats all. It's interesting. This game is quite complex and I could not get the answers somewhere else. If I was going to rent a place it would be in Mature or Adult area. Most places I find for any decent price is Mature. However I may not rent at all. Thanks! lol

P.S

I respect and obey all rules of SL to the best of my knewledge. But I may ask about the rules in more detail if I don't know. That way I don't make any mistakes. I also respect any landlords rules too. Not just official staff.

Edited by Jaysson Turbo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I quoted you, Ethan, but this is a reply to both of you above, since you're saying much the same thing.  We don't actually know how much of a region the OP is  renting.  If he rents the whole and there's nothing in the Covenant that precludes certain ratings then, yes, it's a simple matter to change.  I'm talking about the situation where less than a whole region is being rented.  Again, though, we don't yet know.

Ok, but you did reply to Ethan, who said, "...if he rents the whole sim...". You probably missed that bit.

3 hours ago, Phil Deakins said:

Ok, but you did reply to Ethan, who said, "...if he rents the whole sim...". You probably missed that bit.

No, I didn't miss anything. I was pointing out that we don't know what the OP is renting.

1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Don't worry, Jay...the argument between Phil, Ethan, and Garnet is not about you, it's more of a discussion of what's right (or wrong) for a region owner to do to/for her tenants.

Don't worry, Lindal, you aren't obliged to intervene.  In any case, Ethan and I were having a discussion not an argument; Phil's being Phil. :) 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery

58 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

No, I didn't miss anything. I was pointing out that we don't know what the OP is renting.

No you weren't.

At the point when both Ethan and I disagreed with you, and which led to this, this is what Ethan wrote:-

7 hours ago, Ethan Paslong said:

yes, but if he rents the whole sim it's just one click to set the rating to another one. ( if it's private estate,..won't work on mainland as far i know)

You quoted that and in response to it you wrote:-

7 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Sorry, are you saying the region owner should change the rating to suit a disrespectful tenant?

You weren't pointing anything out at that time. There were another 4 posts after the ones I've just quoted, one of which was yours, and it was only after those 4 that you wrote that we don't know what the OP is renting. So sorry, you made a mistake and missed Ethan's bit about the whole sim when you replied to it.

You still hadn't realised it when you wrote:-

7 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Ok I'll just lie down and let someone walk right over me, right?  Not going to happen.

That was your contribution in those 4 posts I mentioned. It was only after all of that that you posted that we don't know what the OP is renting.

Edited by Phil Deakins

18 hours ago, Jaysson Turbo said:

2. Can they get a list of all your Avatars worn objects and names? Like oh they are wearing such and such etc?
Second can they see a log of items you changed on your avatar while on the property. So say you equipped
a sword and took it off... could they see a log of that change of gear worn etc?

I somehow feel compelled to mention llGetAttachedList() which anybody's script can use to examine anybody else's (non-HUD) attachments. If one wanted to keep track of the attachments that come and go over time, it's just a bit of bookkeeping.

No doubt one could use that function to be annoying or maybe even violate ToS, which I'm not recommending. My point is that expecting "privacy" about basic SL activities like rezzing or attaching stuff is a path to disappointment. Luckily for me, there's no particular penalty for behaving shamelessly in SL.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2018 at 6:22 AM, Jaysson Turbo said:

Oh man.... Guys! I it was mainly a question for curiosity sake. I appreciate the attention and feedback. To settle your imagination of why I'm so WORRIED! oh no... and what kind of region I'm renting... Well none... I'm not even sure I will be playing Second Life in 1 week or couple months from now. I used to own land many months(edit oops meant to say years.) ago. I have not rented land or owned land in a long time. I would need to be rich to own or rent a whole server. Well I could but it would be a big waste of money for me. I'm a noob. And I have no content to sell. lol

I was just curious of some game features thats all. It's interesting. This game is quite complex and I could not get the answers somewhere else. If I was going to rent a place it would be in Mature or Adult area. Most places I find for any decent price is Mature. However I may not rent at all. Thanks! lol

P.S

I respect and obey all rules of SL to the best of my knewledge. But I may ask about the rules in more detail if I don't know. That way I don't make any mistakes. I also respect any landlords rules too. Not just official staff.

Jaysson, you will find that here in the forums there are many people who post out of boredom, and have nothing substantial to add the original topic, sadly. Most of the replies to your post are of this kind.

There are no records available to your landlord for items that you placed and then removed. As long as you comply with general LL rules of conduct, and any rules your landlord gave you, you will be fine.

1 hour ago, Annabell Wandsworth said:

Jaysson, you will find that here in the forums there are many people who post out of boredom, and have nothing substantial to add the original topic, sadly. Most of the replies to your post are of this kind.

There are no records available to your landlord for items that you placed and then removed. As long as you comply with general LL rules of conduct, and any rules your landlord gave you, you will be fine.

There are also people who don't give misleading information. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.