Sign in to follow this  
Caleb Linden

Deploy Plans for the week of 2018-11-05

Second Life Server

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/18#18.10.25.521081

Scheduled Tuesday 2018-11-06 07:00-10:30 PST

Second Life RC BlueSteel

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_BlueSteel/18#18.11.01.521328

Scheduled Wednesday 2018-11-07 07:00-10:30 PST

Second Life RC LeTigre

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_LeTigre/18#18.11.01.521328

Second Life RC Magnum

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_RC_Magnum/18#18.11.01.521329

Second Life RC Snack

Version 18.11.02.521379   

• Environmental Enhancement Project

On Region Restarts

Regions will be restarted if they have been running for more than 14 days on Tuesday (Main Channel) and Wednesday (RCs) regardless of whether or not new code is being deployed, for the general health and well being of the Simulators.  Nothing beats turning it off and then on again … once in a while.

As always, please plan events around these maintenance windows.  However, if you are hosting an event on Tuesday or Wednesday when we’re not deploying new code, you can restart your region ahead of time to avoid interruption.

• Thanks 3

I wonder what's going on. Nuggy (Main Channel) was restarted, and came back healthy or so it seemed, but after a while it just went down without warning (I was logged off all of sudden.)

[EDIT] And it's back again, but no changes seem to have occurred, it's still the proper version (18.10.25.521081)

Edited by MBeatrix
update

Before I bug Lindens at the server user group later, does anybody know what may be meant by

• Land impact/streaming cost accounting

in the release notes for the RC channels?

I.e., is my stuff gonna get returned from RC regions because of new, improved "creative" LI accounting? I know there's been talk of re-working the numbers, but I didn't get the sense it was imminent, and sorta thought we'd get another LI boost as cushion, so maybe this isn't that.

49 minutes ago, Qie Niangao said:

Before I bug Lindens at the server user group later, does anybody know what may be meant by

in the release notes for the RC channels?

I.e., is my stuff gonna get returned from RC regions because of new, improved "creative" LI accounting? I know there's been talk of re-working the numbers, but I didn't get the sense it was imminent, and sorta thought we'd get another LI boost as cushion, so maybe this isn't that.

There was a bug with Animesh objects where the automatic 15 land impact base value wasn't applied if the root prim was a conventional prim. This release may be the fix for that.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, MBeatrix said:

I wonder what's going on. Nuggy (Main Channel) was restarted, and came back healthy or so it seemed, but after a while it just went down without warning (I was logged off all of sudden.)

[EDIT] And it's back again, but no changes seem to have occurred, it's still the proper version (18.10.25.521081)

There have been reports that some regions can initially come back on-line a little unstable, and so get a seond restart to settle things.

LeTigre regions were restarted a second time after being updated to 18.11.01.521328 earlier, and went to 18.11.01.521329 like it says for Magnum.