Jump to content
Sharmonia

Aussie Gal looking for friends on SL

Recommended Posts

Hi All

Im an Aussie gal just looking to make friends, chat etc on SL but have no idea where to go and how to vet adults from others on SL.  Completely new to all this but so far its fun :)

Girls and Guys welcome if you want to come say hi or let me know good places to hang out :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sharmonia said:

...have no idea where to go and how to vet adults from others on SL....

Hey Shazza (giggle, I had to), welcome to SL.

Where you can go really depends on your interests. SL is a wide and varied world with something for everyone. Use the search facility and set it to places. Type in things you are interested in and see what comes up. Many times the place will be empty to start, but take a look and see if you can see some info on when people appear. You can use the Map and look for green dots before you teleport, each green dot is a person, although some might be asleep ;)

For us Aussies we have a lot of sync up time with European people, and they are lovely. Most of my friends list is from England and Europe. There are a lot of Germans in SL, and most know English pretty well so talking is never an issue. You can also pick up translation devices so you can speak and hear other languages to some extent (not perfect, but enough to make do) One of my submissives is French and doesn't know a word of English, so we use such a device to talk. It works.

In terms of vetting people, SL is a place for adults. So you can be fairly sure everyone you meet should be over 18. There are few people between 16 and 18 in the general regions, and a few might sneak in on mum's credit card, but we all watch out for them and report them for their own safety. My advice on that is to safely trust people are over 18.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a  lot  of  ppl on  game are  not  18 or  leaqst do not act  it and  there are a  lot a  freaks and strange  ppl that  probably   need  mental   heath treatment mote than  sl  as    ppl as   young  as 13 legaly   play play  on the grid 

5 hours ago, Sharmonia said:

Hi All

Im an Aussie gal just looking to make friends, chat etc on SL but have no idea where to go and how to vet adults from others on SL.  Completely new to all this but so far its fun :)

Girls and Guys welcome if you want to come say hi or let me know good places to hang out :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sharmonia said:

Hi All

Im an Aussie gal just looking to make friends, chat etc on SL but have no idea where to go and how to vet adults from others on SL.  Completely new to all this but so far its fun :)

Girls and Guys welcome if you want to come say hi or let me know good places to hang out :)

There isn't really a flawless, reliable way to check the age of other residents.

The Payment Info box is often used as one, but it's far from a perfect test. As a general rule, if they have used payment info then you can assume that they are over 18. Unless they just used their mother's credit card, like most children on the internet do. If they have no payment info, that usually means that they either make their money inside SL (a creator, DJ, escort etc etc), or have an alt account that they buy Lindens with, or they prefer the system avatar freebie lifestyle... or they could be underage. In other words, it's kinda useless as an age test.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AyelaNewLife said:

There isn't really a flawless, reliable way to check the age of other residents.

The Payment Info box is often used as one, but it's far from a perfect test. As a general rule, if they have used payment info then you can assume that they are over 18. Unless they just used their mother's credit card, like most children on the internet do. If they have no payment info, that usually means that they either make their money inside SL (a creator, DJ, escort etc etc), or have an alt account that they buy Lindens with, or they prefer the system avatar freebie lifestyle... or they could be underage. In other words, it's kinda useless as an age test.

a creator ? .. i dont think so ... in order to upload a mesh model in SL it says u need to have ur "payment info" checked =)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, SkindoO said:

a creator ? .. i dont think so ... in order to upload a mesh model in SL it says u need to have ur "payment info" checked ?

I've never tried, so didn't know. Point still stands though; there's plenty of reasons why a child can have payment info checked and an adult can have it unchecked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

eventho i think i have made it clear few days ago ... but its good so some ppl wud know

Edited by SkindoO
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Flax Cuttita said:

...and  there are a  lot a  freaks and strange  ppl that  probably   need  mental   heath treatment...

A good friend of mine has this Koan in his profile. I've always liked it.

A traveler came upon a farmer plowing his fields. Eager to rest, the wanderer hailed the farmer, who seemed happy enough to talk.
"What sort of people live in the next town?" asked the stranger.
"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer, answering the question with another
"They were a bad lot. Troublemakers all, and lazy too. The most selfish people in the world, and not one of them to be trusted. I'm happy to be leaving the scoundrels"
"Is that so?" replied the old farmer. "Well, I'm afraid that you'll find the same sort in the next town
Disappointed, the traveler trudged on his way.
Later another stranger, coming from the same direction, stopped to talk. "What sort of people live in the next town?" he asked.
"What were the people like where you've come from?" replied the farmer once again.
"They were the best people in the world. Hard working, honest, and friendly. I'm sorry to be leaving them"
"Fear not," said the farmer "You'll find the same sort in the next town"

 

 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Flax Cuttita said:

a  lot of ppl on  game are  not 18 or least do not act  it

Reminds me of a conversation I had once with a woman here, I had just met this guy, and he and I had become a couple, he took me to meet hid SL "sister",   and we started off having this very nice conversation about her RL grandkids. Well apparently in the middle of that he told  her that I was his new girlfriend, and she apparently thought that she was his girlfriend and not his sister. Suddenly the very mature grandmother transformed  into  a very immature 16 year old and started calling me  every name  inn the book  and threatening me. 

I would love to be your friend though, and I promise not to steal   your boyfriend.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Flax Cuttita said:

a  lot  of  ppl on  game are  not  18 or  leaqst do not act  it and  there are a  lot a  freaks and strange  ppl that  probably   need  mental   heath treatment mote than  sl  as    ppl as   young  as 13 legaly   play play  on the grid 

 

There's a special program that can allow 13-15 year olds, but they have to come into SL via a sponsoring organization that owns at least one region. They are locked to that land; they cannot see the marketplace or go anywhere else in SL. You cannot teleport to their region. They're effectively in their own grid. Anyone under 16 that you see anywhere in SL should be reported. Anyone under 18 found outside of general regions should be reported. The trick is figuring out if they're underage ... some behave better than the adults.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you all :) feeling much better now :)

lol @ Shazza thanks Callum :P

Talligurl look forward to chatting,  lol and i dont have a boyfriend so we are good hahahahaha promise not to steal yours :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Parhelion Palou said:

There's a special program that can allow 13-15 year olds, but they have to come into SL via a sponsoring organization that owns at least one region. They are locked to that land; they cannot see the marketplace or go anywhere else in SL. You cannot teleport to their region. They're effectively in their own grid. Anyone under 16 that you see anywhere in SL should be reported. Anyone under 18 found outside of general regions should be reported. The trick is figuring out if they're underage ... some behave better than the adults.

no   sl  grid  and teen grid  mixed  several   yrs  ago  they  are  not  locked   and  oftemn  seen  lurking  in  places they  should not  be  :)

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Parhelion Palou said:

There's a special program that can allow 13-15 year olds, but they have to come into SL via a sponsoring organization that owns at least one region. They are locked to that land; they cannot see the marketplace or go anywhere else in SL. You cannot teleport to their region. They're effectively in their own grid. Anyone under 16 that you see anywhere in SL should be reported. Anyone under 18 found outside of general regions should be reported. The trick is figuring out if they're underage ... some behave better than the adults.

teen greid  nd  main  grid  mixed  several   yrs ago   in case you didn't  notice    

ios  no sponsoring   etc  tbh though  lot  the adults  I meet  on this  game  are  pretty childish 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Flax Cuttita said:

teen greid  nd  main  grid  mixed  several   yrs ago   in case you didn't  notice    

ios  no sponsoring   etc  tbh though  lot  the adults  I meet  on this  game  are  pretty childish 

 

Believe what you will ...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2018 at 7:30 AM, Talligurl said:

 I promise not to steal   your boyfriend.

Thank goodness. I’d hate to have to find another Forum Wife. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×