Tattoo Hairbase Layers - LeLutka

Kia Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Very difficult to show in a photo because both the further away and the closer the camera, the more the lines vanish (so fickle!), but are most visible without looking through the lens:

137688875_tattoohairbaselayer.png.8e7d026a7823b98dc039768066e129d2.png

What isn't showing in the image are the two bold black stripes down the front of the neck (not just on the sides, which appear to be very small and faint in the image - trust me, they're not).

I did take one creator's very kind suggestion to go into the HUD settings and hit Repair Transparency and Repair Materials, but they remain. I also tried rerouting, thinking that applying them to one of the other available tattoo layers would make them vanish; they remain as visible as ever.

Not sure what's causing it or how to fix the problem. There's some great tattoo layer hairbases, but I can't use them. I can, however, use normal tintable hairbases without a problem, so not all is lost.

This is only something that happens with tattoo layer bases and something that's bugging the living heck out of me.

Anyone else noticing/experiencing same problem or is it - as usual - just me the technical gremlins enjoy driving insane? Just in case it's suggested - I've already done three re-deliveries, so I don't think it's that.

It's got to be something I'm doing wrong but I can't - for the pixel life of me - figure out what.

I don't wear my Lelutka head all that often, but look for any options it gives you to clear the neck tattoo and/or general face tattoo (can't remember which it uses without logging in and checking the HUD). On Catwa heads that area is covered by the neck tattoo section, so there is probably a similar zone on Lelutka.

6 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Thanks, Skell..yes, I do remove the layers first and then apply again; the lines return.

If clearing that section (while the main part of the hairbase is still showing) removes the lines, then it sounds as if you have an issue with that particular hairbase. Does it happen with hairbase appliers from other brands? Try some demos and see.

ETA: I just noticed that you talk about tattoo layer hairbases. Do you mean the kind that go onto a system avatar?

@SkellDagger: Oh no I didn't mean that - if I clear the tattoo layer, the whole layer is cleared - nothing remains, as it shouldn't.

But finally managed to catch the lil suckers on camera - those 2 lines are the worst of them all:

662259924_bitclearer.thumb.png.38df81511cdd1b287dac5a9a42d74ce4.png

Thank you again for replying, Skell.

If I try to reroute the layer to 'brow' (or elsewhere), for example, the hairbase will only partially display as a tattoo base because that's obviously not where it's supposed to go, so it to has be set to the 'tattoo' layer to display correctly.

Graphics are always set to High when not in photographer mode and yes, Hardware Skinning is always enabled.

@Clover Jinx: Hi chickadee! Yes, have tried Izzie's LeLutka Baby Hairs Hairbase and Nar's (I think v3 of Nar's is the newer one) and ofc Izzie's Baby Hairs is definitely new. Happens every time though. 

All good, will contact LeLutka. Thank you ♥

1 minute ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

This looks like a texture UV problem. Those two areas under the chin and in the throat area are directly adjacent to the UV islands for the top of the head. What color are those lines, and do they change to a pale color if you apply a very light (blonde) hairbase?

Yeah That's what I thought too. Just grabbed the Izzie's demo and it's not happen with my Lelutka head. Hopefully the support will figure it out.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

This looks like a texture UV problem. Those two areas under the chin and in the throat area are directly adjacent to the UV islands for the top of the head. What color are those lines, and do they change to a pale color if you apply a very light (blonde) hairbase?

So so sorry Ivanova - didn't receive notification that anyone else had replied. Thank you for replying.

Yes, they go light if I need a light base but received assistance from a lovely LeLutka personage who couldn't actually see what I was seeing - she just saw a normal neck, no discolouration at all.  Had already done what was on her checklist so we weren't able to figure out what was going on. Defs seems to be on my end though.

'Tis a mystery but as mentioned, I can use regular bases without any problem.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Clover Jinx said:

Yeah That's what I thought too. Just grabbed the Izzie's demo and it's not happen with my Lelutka head. Hopefully the support will figure it out.

I think it's just me the tech-gremlins like to torment. They seem to do it on a semi-regular basis then leave me alone for a while so I get a false sense of 'normality', then strike again. No one else ever seems to get the bizarre technical issues I get *plays my own world's smallest violin*.

• 8 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1742 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.