JaedenDelanaire

Seeking a Platonic Romance Buddy

Hi friends! 

I'm a returning player. It's been either four or five years since the last time I logged in with any consistency, and I am having a blast with the new bento update... but I'm feeling rather lonely through it all. I'd like a friend to be able to go out on adventures with! To go dancing with in the middle of the night, to giggle-snort in snobbish manner over ridiculous shapes we come across, to fearlessly jump on each and every pose ball we come across, go on freebie hunts, build and discuss all the frustrations of avatar building, and to find those gorgeous photography sims that tickle a sense of whimsy and fantasy. Basically, someone I can drag around with me, and who would also have the time, inclination, and interest in being pulled around the sim grid to fulfill my sense of wanderlust.

Or, as it would seem the terminology is here... a sister of sorts, I suppose?! A mother?! I'm so confused about the loose family dynamics! And yes, I have a preference toward women, because what I long for is a sisterhood (or motherhood?) feeling. Sorry, dudes! I would bore most of you, anyways. 

Toss me a message in game or send a notecard. Whichever floats the boat. 

If you'd like to know a little about me, read on! 

I'm a 30-something Canadian florist, married IRL to the dude of my dreams, and I have a cranky old man cat who doubles as my precious baby when he's being affectionate. I was dicking around with Second Life back in 2007 or so, but never really got into it until around 2011. I'm bi and asexual, but a heavy romantic. RP is my main hobby and, of course, I would be one happy clam to find a reliable RP partner. Outside of that, I watercolor and watch other people arrange flowers on youtube for work inspiration and motivation. 

I was raised a mormon, and while I'm currenly inactive, mormons, scientology, and other peculiar off-shoot theologies are my favorite things to converse and obsess about. Meditation, new age magic practice, Crowley, Eckhart, Watt, Sadhguru, mysticism schools--all of these things excite me. Other topics I can get chatty over include veganism, nutrition and diet, and BDSM. 

Edit: If you're wondering what I mean by platonic romance buddy, don't worry! I am not entirely certain what I mean, myself. Essentially, be the Diana Barry to my Anne. 

Edited by JaedenDelanaire
  • Like 2

A SL sister is the one thing i have wanted but has never seemed to work out, only problems are, I do not have a lot of time to devote to SL, and while I am quite capable  of  discussing off-shoot theology, you might not like my very conservative Presbyterian ideas. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Talligurl said:

A SL sister is the one thing i have wanted but has never seemed to work out, only problems are, I do not have a lot of time to devote to SL, and while I am quite capable  of  discussing off-shoot theology, you might not like my very conservative Presbyterian ideas. 

I've so lucky to have my sister for almost the whole time I have been in SL.  We are sisters enough that while some people come and go in SL, we stay sisters even when one of us has to take a break from SL.  I love her to death and I know she loves me too!   I know we would stay sisters now even if SL went away.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Talligurl said:

Heck, I might love them!  I'll shoot you an IM in world. Real life happens and my free time is occasionally sparse, too. And honestly if I like talking to a person their lack of availability just makes me that more eager to talk to them next time they're on.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Donna Underall said:

I've so lucky to have my sister for almost the whole time I have been in SL.  We are sisters enough that while some people come and go in SL, we stay sisters even when one of us has to take a break from SL.  I love her to death and I know she loves me too!   I know we would stay sisters now even if SL went away.  

I feel you big time. Transcendant relationships like that is what I feel mmos and typical networking platforms is all about. Two of the coolest cats I know are still loose friends with me through FB even though they stopped playing regularly around advent mesh. And it's such a great friendship because we can literally go without months of talking, and then all the sudden reconnect as though time never passed. But when all three of us played we were i n s e p a r a b l e. 

• Like 1