Turn off notification for fireworks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It is coming up for firework night, so dug my firework machine out of my inventory. It is great but I keep getting spammed with these messages:

"[14:07] Second Life: Can't rez object 'FireworksParticle2' at { 114.552, 0.0432587, 46.1296 } on parcel 'xxxxx' in region xxx because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership."

I only really need to know once and there is not alot I can do about it anyway, it fires up in the air and they spread out.. some are bound to go where they probably shouldn't, and the fact they then end prematurely is useful to know once.. But the message spams for the duration the fireworks are running which will make it hard for me to follow local chat.

I use firestorm and have been through the notifications I can disable and can't see one that would correspond to this message. Maybe a debug setting will disable it?

Anyone got any ideas for how to turn this notification off?

a rezzed object is unique and independent of other objects rezzed. So we get the message for every rezzed object out of place. While the creator and user of the objects know that there is a relationship between the objects, the server does not.  Would be good tho if the server did - would make co-dependencies, transactions and other relational actions a whole lot easier to script and create

Edited by ellestones
out

15 hours ago, Aethelwine said:

I use firestorm and have been through the notifications I can disable and can't see one that would correspond to this message. Maybe a debug setting will disable it?

Anyone got any ideas for how to turn this notification off?

Edit the firestorm file.... skins/default/xui/en/notifications.xml

look for this section:

<notification
   icon="alertmodal.tga"
   name="CantRezOnLand"
   type="notify">
   <tag>fail</tag>
Can't rez object at [OBJECT_POS] because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use th
  </notification>

Change type="notify"> to type="STOPIT"> should do the trick. Make a backup of the file so you can undo it if you mess up... and after. This is an important notification when rezzing where you can't do it, it's a pain when you don't see it, so it's not good to leave it turned off.

Disclaimer: You should know what you are doing, editing these files willy-nilly is a dangerous thing and could cause support nightmares later. If in doubt buy the fireworks for an alt and let them get spammed.

Edited by Callum Meriman
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Possibly a little better, but still getting a notification every 30 seconds.

[07:35] Second Life: Can't rez object 'FireworksParticle3' at { 52.2898, 118.969, 70.5099 } on parcel 'Protected Land' in region Fudo because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership.
[07:35] Second Life: Can't rez object 'FireworksParticle2' at { 62.5999, 111.293, 59.7242 } on parcel 'Protected Land' in region Fudo because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership.
[07:35] Second Life: Can't rez object 'FireworksParticle2' at { 54.7915, 127.117, 51.9608 } on parcel 'Protected Land' in region Fudo because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership.
[07:36] Second Life: Can't rez object 'FireworksParticle2' at { 61.9729, 132.964, 53.5834 } on parcel 'Protected Land' in region Fudo because the owner of this land does not allow it.  Use the land tool to see land ownership.

I tried your other suggestion and logged in as my alt and to my surprise he had accumuluated enough lindens from stipend to buy the fireworks and send me a few thousand pocket money. He has to light the fireworks, as there is no option for group control of them, but that workaround does at least work and will allow me to see the party chat.

Edited by Aethelwine
To add
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.