Where to buy rl designer brands (or close facsimiles)

bifurlover3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've seen some rl designer brands (Gucci, Chanel, Louis Vuitton) and I even have a few items.  I've searched by the actual brand and close spellings which I guess are used to avoid copyright infringement.    Are there any designers or stores that specialize in real life brands?  Also is there a list of the stores that have close spellings (Chanelle vs, Chanel for exampe) to also search?  Looking for women's clothing and accessories in particular.

11 minutes ago, bifurlover3 said:

I've seen some rl designer brands (Gucci, Chanel, Louis Vuitton) and I even have a few items.  I've searched by the actual brand and close spellings which I guess are used to avoid copyright infringement.    Are there any designers or stores that specialize in real life brands?  Also is there a list of the stores that have close spellings (Chanelle vs, Chanel for exampe) to also search?  Looking for women's clothing and accessories in particular.

So you want us to tell you where you can find stores that are infringing trademarks/copyrights/trade dress, and thereby breaking Second Life's Terms of Service regarding Intellectual Property?

Linden Lab responds to complaints that content infringes trademarked or celebrity material. Trademarked material includes trademarked logos, trademarked brand names, and trade dress, which is the distinctive visual appearance of a product or its packaging.

It is often difficult to tell what may or may not be trademarked or protected as trade dress. However, use of designer logos and brand names without permission, such as Gucci, Nike, Louis Vuiton, etc., is usually not acceptable. If you don't have permission, please don't just use a misspelling of the brand name, for example, "Njke" instead of "Nike" – instead, create your own original brand name that's associated uniquely with you!

If you're creating objects inspired by real-world objects, take care that your objects have an original appearance and shape. That's the best way to avoid trade dress issues. Be wary of imitating distinctive and recognizable product appearances. For example, the well-known appearance of the Eames lounge chair and ottoman from Herman Miller is protected under trade dress law.

• Like 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.