Riotriot

Taking applications for new girl friend in SL!

37 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

We're having green beans, garlic mashed taters and bbq chicken. :P

On my way............ don't start without me

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

It'll be ready in 15 minutes! Better hurry!

My pizza was delicious, how was yalls dinner?

Just now, TatianaNikolay said:

*nods* I've even been to a game. Thanksgiving one year and they beat the Raiders.

Phew! Thank god! We are having a very weird season so far!

10 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

No, thank you. I ride and wrench on my own.

Although I might make an exception if you look like this in RL:

4a45b338f6c11ed187ba7a874aef32c2.jpg

First, some background. I watch next to no TV. Seriously. For one thing there's no cable out here in the boonies so we get what's broadcast. I can't handle the commercials. Plus there's hardly anything I really enjoy on. I also don't watch a whole lot of movies. Among other things that means I'm very ill-informed about a lot of movies and most television shows. And the casts of same. 

First time I learned about Jason Momoa was when Cindy started a conversation about him in the Forum and several people chimed in. With pictures. I thought, "Whoa", or something very much like that. But I didn't think too much about it. Except that I not too long ago caved in and bought into Amazon Prime.  As it happens I noticed they have five seasons of "Stargate Atlantis". I finally decided to give it a try in spite of the fact I thought the original "Stargate" movie was a clunker even though it had Kurt Russell and Jaye Davidson. Imagine my surprise at stumbling across you know who up there. So I see what Cindy and all the rest of you meant.

It's kind of unfair, really. I mean the guy's seven feet tall. He's built like a brick...well, brick. His voice is awesome. And with all of that, he's got those incredible eyes! Like I said, it's kind of unfair.

Where was I?

Oh yeah. This thread. I got here late today and missed the whole thing. I started at the OP as I always do and read through it. When I hit Page FOUR (we're now on Page 9) I laughed because I thought, "Oh boy, wait until the rest of 'em see that!". I have to tell you that you all did not disappoint. You guys cracked me up. Most forum fun I've had in a while.

The bad news is that I'm on Episode 6 of Season 5, and five seasons is all Amazon's got. So I'm almost done with the whole thing. I have to admit that in spite of some really embarrassingly dumb science/physics mistakes I enjoy the series and I'll be sorry to see it end.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

First, some background. I watch next to no TV. Seriously. For one thing there's no cable out here in the boonies so we get what's broadcast. I can't handle the commercials. Plus there's hardly anything I really enjoy on. I also don't watch a whole lot of movies. Among other things that means I'm very ill-informed about a lot of movies and most television shows. And the casts of same. 

First time I learned about Jason Momoa was when Cindy started a conversation about him in the Forum and several people chimed in. With pictures. I thought, "Whoa", or something very much like that. But I didn't think too much about it. Except that I not too long ago caved in and bought into Amazon Prime.  As it happens I noticed they have five seasons of "Stargate Atlantis". I finally decided to give it a try in spite of the fact I thought the original "Stargate" movie was a clunker even though it had Kurt Russell and Jaye Davidson. Imagine my surprise at stumbling across you know who up there. So I see what Cindy and all the rest of you meant.

It's kind of unfair, really. I mean the guy's seven feet tall. He's built like a brick...well, brick. His voice is awesome. And with all of that, he's got those incredible eyes! Like I said, it's kind of unfair.

Where was I?

Oh yeah. This thread. I got here late today and missed the whole thing. I started at the OP as I always do and read through it. When I hit Page FOUR (we're now on Page 9) I laughed because I thought, "Oh boy, wait until the rest of 'em see that!". I have to tell you that you all did not disappoint. You guys cracked me up. Most forum fun I've had in a while.

The bad news is that I'm on Episode 6 of Season 5, and five seasons is all Amazon's got. So I'm almost done with the whole thing. I have to admit that in spite of some really embarrassingly dumb science/physics mistakes I enjoy the series and I'll be sorry to see it end.

AND I STILL. Dont have a girlfriend...after all this! Can you believe that?!

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Riotriot said:

AND I STILL. Dont have a girlfriend...after all this! Can you believe that?!

Awww :-). I'm sure you'll be fine, you're showing a lot of promise. Of course you did start off with maybe the worst pickup line in the history of introductions, so just the fact you were able to make a good start at redeeming yourself (while demonstrating an admirable willingness to take the heat) counts in your favor.

As far as 'having a girlfriend', that takes time, even in SL, unless you're just pretending. You can start by asking someone to dance, maybe. You have to work at it; you can't just assign someone to be your "girlfriend". Relationships here aren't that much different than relationships in RL; most of the time you kind of have to grow into them. You'll know you have a girlfriend when you show up someplace familiar without her and someone asks, "Where's your girlfriend?".

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Awww :-). I'm sure you'll be fine, you're showing a lot of promise. Of course you did start off with maybe the worst pickup line in the history of introductions, so just the fact you were able to make a good start at redeeming yourself (while demonstrating an admirable willingness to take the heat) counts in your favor.

As far as 'having a girlfriend', that takes time, even in SL, unless you're just pretending. You can start by asking someone to dance, maybe. You have to work at it; you can't just assign someone to be your "girlfriend". Relationships here aren't that much different than relationships in RL; most of the time you kind of have to grow into them. You'll know you have a girlfriend when you show up someplace familiar without her and someone asks, "Where's your girlfriend?".

Right you are! I think this post was more a  call  for help and wanting to make friends! And I have made several!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Where was I?

¬¬

/me about faces and marches double time back to her bunk.

:SwingingFriends:

• Haha 3

Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone is having a great day on the grid! Be it with friends or family or both!

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Riotriot said:

Good Morning Everyone! I hope everyone is having a great day on the grid! Be it with friends or family or both!

I haven't logged in yet. Waiting for the other half to go to work so I can update a couple of my unknown alts. <.<   >.>   >.<

Just now, Selene Gregoire said:

I haven't logged in yet. Waiting for the other half to go to work so I can update a couple of my unknown alts. <.<   >.>   >.<

Wanna update unknown alts together? If we know eachothers alts are they still unknown?

11 minutes ago, Riotriot said:

Wanna update unknown alts together? If we know eachothers alts are they still unknown?

Sorry, no. I'm the only one who knows those accounts are my alts and it's going to stay that way.

Other than that, it's going to take me until probably after the first of the year to be able to afford mesh bodies and heads for them so this is going to be a somewhat long term project for me.

Thank you for offering though. If the circumstances were different... :$

Edited by Selene Gregoire

3 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Sorry, no. I'm the only one who knows those accounts are my alts and it's going to stay that way.

Other than that, it's going to take me until probably after the first of the year to be able to afford mesh bodies and heads for them so this is going to be a somewhat long term project for me.

Thank you for offering though. If the circumstances were different... :$

What if I showed you a way to get that linden? All my alts fully funded themselves.

1 minute ago, Riotriot said:

What if I showed you a way to get that linden? All my alts fully funded themselves.

If it's the fishing thing... been there, done that. I don't have that kind of time.

The t-shirt sucked too.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

If it's the fishing thing... been there, done that. I don't have that kind of time.

The t-shirt sucked too.

Yes! After 6 long years...I now can afford a mesh body! Fishing is the way to go!

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

it's going to take me until probably after the first of the year to be able to afford mesh bodies and heads for them so this is going to be a somewhat long term project for me.

My alts only got the various freebie bodies that have been available - but then, for the most part, their only purpose in life is to give me their tier and L$.

4 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

My alts only got the various freebie bodies that have been available - but then, for the most part, their only purpose in life is to give me their tier and L$.

Freebie mesh bodies?!? WHERE?