Hi. I am an introvert with extrovert fantasies

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yes,  I am a social moth, always at the best parties but no one sees me.  Looking for someone mature enough to see humor in my post and willing to not be a total dweeb and understand my introvert tendencies and total disregard for popularity cliques and whatnot....

No seriously, are there any groups for introverts to extrovert without judgment or snickering at how awkwardly we interact with the social secondlife elite?

?

• Confused 1

That's a tough one Tarina. I'm not sure what you mean by the elite, but as a newbie, I've been made very welcome wherever I've been. I subscribe to a few groups who organise meetings and dances and they are all great fun. 

I particularly enjoy the Forum Breakfast Club meeting, where you will see loads of the active posters from the forum. Not everyone says much on local chat but you might give that a try, even if you don't say much you'll be welcomed there!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

groups for introverts to extrovert

To me this says "I want to be an extrovert and get out and meet all sorts of people by staying in a little group filled with people just like me."

Get out, be awkward, your awkwardness is mostly all in your head anyway, when you text they can't hear the fear in your voice, pretty soon you you to can be one of the cool kids.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BelindaN said:

I particularly enjoy the Forum Breakfast Club meeting, where you will see loads of the active posters from the forum. Not everyone says much on local chat but you might give that a try, even if you don't say much you'll be welcomed there!

I vaguely recall that now you mention it.

When and where does that take place? .. Presumably breakfast in America, but I could accommodate that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Candice LittleBoots said:

I vaguely recall that now you mention it.

When and where does that take place? .. Presumably breakfast in America, but I could accommodate that.

Sundays at 08.00SL time. Join the group for a prompt!!!!

PS, someone smarter than I am will hopefully provide the group link, but Forum Breakfast Club should find it!!!

I might be able to send it in world........*scratches head"........................

Edited by BelindaN
Final Comment

The Breakfast Club's location changes from week to week, but is always at 8 am SL time.  If you join The Forum Cartel group you'll get group notices of the meeting.  (Be sure to use the "The" as part of the search string to find the group!)  Contact Hippie Bowman for more information!

More to the point of the thread, there've been a couple of discussions here lately regarding introverts, Tarina. The opinion I took away from reading and commenting in those was that SL might have a higher percentage of introverts than RL. That's almost certainly true of this forum: it's generally assumed that lurkers (who are very much a part of the forum) outnumber posters, and even among the posters introverts may be the majority. 

Turns out Second Life is a really great way to sneer at your shyness and just speak right up, especially inworld (since you can always poof if you need to). Works for me, anyway ;-).

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.