Marketplace November Updates

Alexa Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Ansiri said:

I don't care if i'd see only gachas, ehem, but why if i search something from the store, then after the search it automatically goes to items search wich will search again from the entire marketplace?

Why won't stay in the store?

When you do the search, are you already in that specific store you want to search? You should see something (if you are using the English option, that is) a tab right above the place where you put your search term that says "search this store". If that tab has not been chosen, it will redirect back to the entire MP to search (the default tab when you're searching says "All" above it, and that's what it refers to. 

I just tried to search through roughly 10 different stores (at random, lol) and was able to search (within the store I selected) for items (again, random, like "jeans", "table", etc..) without it going back to the entire MP.  I made certain the "search this store" tab was chosen, and I had no issues. The only time it reverted back, was when the "All" tab was still highlighted. 

I am not sure I'd call that a bug, it's pretty much how it functions(and always has, as far as I know, and  use MP almost exclusively, when I do shop that is). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tari Landar said:

When you do the search, are you already in that specific store you want to search? You should see something (if you are using the English option, that is) a tab right above the place where you put your search term that says "search this store". If that tab has not been chosen, it will redirect back to the entire MP to search (the default tab when you're searching says "All" above it, and that's what it refers to. 

I just tried to search through roughly 10 different stores (at random, lol) and was able to search (within the store I selected) for items (again, random, like "jeans", "table", etc..) without it going back to the entire MP.  I made certain the "search this store" tab was chosen, and I had no issues. The only time it reverted back, was when the "All" tab was still highlighted. 

I am not sure I'd call that a bug, it's pretty much how it functions(and always has, as far as I know, and  use MP almost exclusively, when I do shop that is). 

What I'm getting when I do a "Search this store" is that the correct contents matching my search only for that store is what gets displayed on the page and per the left side, I am still at just that store, but for the tabs at the top the "Items" tab becomes the one highlighted when the search results are displayed.  So if I want to search the store again for another phrase, I have to re-click 'Search this store'.  It didn't used to do that.  It used to stay on the 'Search this store' tab.  If I don't notice that it shifted to the "Items" tab and just enter a new search term, then I end up searching all of MP again rather than just the store I was at.

• Like 2

Kind of annoying new behaviour, I agree. It is a deliberate change to worse.  Someone high up the decission ladder must have thought that after searching a store and finding not what you liked you will want to search all merchants and it never occured to them we might look for different items or different keywords in the same store. Either that or they think most of their users are too stupid to flip back to marketplace search after store search...

Edited by Fionalein

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

What I'm getting when I do a "Search this store" is that the correct contents matching my search only for that store is what gets displayed on the page and per the left side, I am still at just that store, but for the tabs at the top the "Items" tab becomes the one highlighted when the search results are displayed.  So if I want to search the store again for another phrase, I have to re-click 'Search this store'.  It didn't used to do that.  It used to stay on the 'Search this store' tab.  If I don't notice that it shifted to the "Items" tab and just enter a new search term, then I end up searching all of MP again rather than just the store I was at.

Gotcha, I guess I instinctively click the search this store tab when I search in a store,  even when I probably didn't have to, lol. 

6 hours ago, Fionalein said:

Kind of annoying new behaviour, I agree. It is a deliberate change to worse.  Someone high up the decission ladder must have thought that after searching a store and finding not what you liked you will want to search all merchants and it never occured to them we might look for different items or different keywords in the same store. Either that or they think most of their users are too stupid to flip back to marketplace search after store search...

Or, more likely, it was an accidentally result (i.e. screw up) of some other change they made.

17 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Has anyone noticed that when searching using RELEVANCE  you get relevant for the first page then when you use the arrows to go to page 2 of relevant items it changes to NEWEST FIRST? 

I never thought the 'relevance' sort was accurate - never really understood what "they" considered relevant. If I do a search, I should only get items with my search words in either the Title, Description, or Keywords, which means all results should be relevant (though search is terribly broken right now).  Thus I always sort by either price or new, depending on what I'm looking for.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1940 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.