Lina Pussycat

Login Servers having issues?

As was pointed out in a different thread, the (apparent) DDoS is not limited to Linden Lab.

If they have any information, it is likely to be posted when there is actually someone there to post an update.

Sheesh - some of the current crop of users would have had an aneurysm years ago, back when the entire Grid was taken offline during the Maintenance cycles.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

As was pointed out in a different thread, the (apparent) DDoS is not limited to Linden Lab.

If they have any information, it is likely to be posted when there is actually someone there to post an update.

Sheesh - some of the current crop of users would have had an aneurysm years ago, back when the entire Grid was taken offline during the Maintenance cycles.

April Linden posted that it was an “actual” DDOS attack.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

April Linden posted that it was an “actual” DDOS attack.

That was for the issues on Sunday. Solar is talking about the latest issues that seems to have started about 8 or so hours ago - I'm not even sure if the issues are still happening, since I'm just now getting to the forums today.

Though this statement from her post is not very helpful right now, since there is nothing on the grid status page about this latest issue.
"As always, the place to stay informed of what’s going on is the Second Life Grid Status Blog. We do our best to keep it updated during periods of trouble on the grid."

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Sorry, didn’t know there were “new” login problems. Note that it took seemingly forever for grid status update last time..and days before confirmation. But at least we got it.

Seems to be intermittent through the day at that. I got back on logged back off can't get back in. Still no update on their end that anything is happening either.

4 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

I've been around since 05 myself. The fact they aren't updating what is going on on the status page at this point though and you have to dig for info is questionable. 

Investigating - We are currently experiencing issues with log ins that is currently being investigated. Residents may experience log outs at this time. Please continue to check this blog for updates. 
Nov 1, 08:34 PDT

1 minute ago, Lina Pussycat said:

I've been around since 05 myself. The fact they aren't updating what is going on on the status page at this point though and you have to dig for info is questionable. 

When they have information to provide and someone to spare, they likely will. Patience.

1 minute ago, Mandy Carbenell said:

Still in and NOT logging out! *holds on to her couch*

Hang in there Mandy ? lol. I was the last of my friends last night to get kicked off and haven't been able to login since.

8 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Also to be clear knowing about something that is going to happen vs a sporadic problem that has been happening intermittently since last weekend are not nearly the same thing.Being locked out for hours on end for unknown reasons and having no updates on anything. I guarantee you they knew about the problem and could of had someone take the 3 minutes required back when I made the initial post. 

11 hours ago, Lina Pussycat said:

The question becomes if it remains stable.

Unfortunately, seems that the login issue is back. Third unsuccessful attempt at log.