Racism about Furry

Kassash

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That is what i talking about!

AyelaNewLife

You have no idea what i write, just pick a SINGLE part from my text and react to that... that is why Quasimodo shaped peoples allowed to play everywhere, but someone who have a tail or different ears are not. You are shown a good example now. And your friends now run and like your post.

Edited by Kassash
  • Haha 1

I've got no personal issues with furries, and have known quite a few in my lifetime. I'm just confused at the insistence of it being "racism". It just leads to people taking actual racism less seriously when they hear people like you throwing the term around for every tiny inconvenience. It's not racist for a sim owner to ban certain types of avatars for whatever reason, and the fact that you seemed to imply LL should do something about it is just weird and alarming. There are plenty of places that are friendly to furries, so if one or two aren't they've probably got a decent reason for it.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, Kassash said:

The Linden lab need to ban these hate generators. That is what disgusting!

7 minutes ago, Kassash said:

Iam sure you just dont want to understand. There is nothing i can say to a person who didnt learn to read .... your IGNORANCE is higher than a mountain. Or you just blind, ....

5 minutes ago, AyelaNewLife said:

My irony-meter just went off the charts.

As did mine.

• Like 4

Plenty? You said plenty?

From 10 place, there is 9 to ONLY HUMAN rule. Plenty? I test it myself! Its... seems like Furries do a world war or start assaulting peoples.... or i dont know... there is no logic behind this! Racism because they ban peoples who like to wear a different look. Furry in SL its a race. You need to understand! Its a race! Like dogs or other creatures. In SL its an existing thing, so they are. Dont bring the example, there is no in real.... its not save anything.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Kassash said:

Plenty? You said plenty?

From 10 place, there is 9 to ONLY HUMAN rule. Plenty? I test it myself! Its... seems like Furries do a world war or start assaulting peoples.... or i dont know... there is no logic behind this! Racism because they ban peoples who like to wear a different look. Furry in SL its a race. You need to understand! Its a race! Like dogs or other creatures. In SL its an existing thing, so they are. Dont bring the example, there is no in real.... its not save anything.

10 place? 10 place from where? There are thousands and thousands of sims out there, did you just cherry-pick the ones with a 'no furries' rule?

If anything, it's the people crying about how badly they're treated for being a furry that makes other people resentful of them.

Edited by Kai Lyvingstone
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I have this inexplicable dislike for self-entitled just-come-out-of-a-lecture-on-something-meaningless-but-fashionable-and-feel-the-need-to-prove-my-creds rude foul-mouthed ninnies.  There's probably a recently-created word for that.

Forum posters?

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, Kassash said:

ActuallyWaffles

Iam sure you just dont want to understand. There is nothing i can say to a person who didnt learn to read. Read again, and understand. We talking about SL, and in sl, like in Anita Blake book, in that world, these are exist races. So, its means, it is racism. Just because you dont understand or dont want, or dont give a *****, IT IS! And its not chance just because your IGNORANCE is higher than a mountain. Or you just blind, or you just dont give a *****.

You can not apply RL laws about discrimination and racism to fictional pixel representations of furries.. Furries are NOT a race. As someone else said, why arent you ranting about the furry only sims? If you want full inclusion you have a bigger rant to type. Women only sims, fur only sims, Men only sims, actual race only sims. Start typing hun.

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Bloody nekos.. always wantin somethin... cuddle time, movie time, spankins, its enough to drive a furry mad i tells ya!! MAD!!

Now Drake, you know I love all of that and just say when js ;) but I can't promise to behave, you know me better than that! :P 

Anyways is plenty sims out there that cater for your needs, but from how you are reacting to other posters, I don't think your attitude towards other helps so I wish ya good luck as me thinks ya will need it!!

Edited by MrsSeren
adding further thoughts
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/31/2018 at 5:29 PM, Kassash said:

Its so painful now to see many many peoples just ignore or ban furry kind avis.

To many Racist comments hit the furry players in these days, about how they look, they ugly, or disgusting. A want to ask. These peoples, why they think furries are ugly? There is tons of furry avatars what look absolutely cool, or cute and adorable. Cant say the same about human avatars. Most of humans avatars just a walking balloons of boobs or asses, abominations what look like a Frankenstein's creature never look like. And peoples call furry ugly?

Lots of beautiful sims out there in the map, what supposed to give relax, chilling and fun to the players, but furry players cant enjoy that how they like to because racist peoples assault them, or the "rightful" owners banned furries.

This is not just intolerance towards another peoples, It is a straightforward breach of personal rights that just because someone looks different we have a reason to hate it. Its meaningless all of the times, how this person acts, or not break any rules, just want to relax, or chilling. Its just start to spread the racism in the Fantastic game.

I ask you good players of second life. What do you think? You like it if someone just start to harassing you because of your avatars look, or completely reject it?

Don't trolling please, its serious, because to much the racist comments in the game now, and to many the racist users now!

( I'm color coding my responses with the above)

1. I love how you talk like your against bullying and being prejudiced towards a certain race, that doesn't actually exist by the way, any furries in RL are just people in a costume, then proceed to be racist towards human avatars, which COMPLETELY invalidates your argument because you, yourself made a racist comment lol

2. If this was towards trans people I would agree. Or people of color or another gender/ sex etc. But this is about FURRIES!.... Just....SERIOUSLY!? Furries arent a real thing. like I said in point 1, RL furries are just people in costumes, you can't surgically or cosmetically become a full furry

3. I'm a female Dominant in SL who has short hair and A LOT tattoo's on her avi. I face this sort of discrimination quite a bit and though it used annoy me, it mostly bounces off of me like bullet proof glass. Now to answer if I like it, which is no but I accept the fact that everyone has different views on what beauty is. When one person find me hideous, another is in my IM's telling me how awesome I look. As cheesy as it sounds the beauty is in the beholder. My avi is customized to please MY eyes and my eyes only. I really couldn't care less if I'm the only one that finds her attractive. I've spent alot of time and money to make her pleasing to me and me only

With all those points being made, everyone is SL is entitled to do what they feel is appropriate to keep their SL enjoyable. I for one do not typically enjoy Furries (Unless they are really well though) because to me they just look creepy. The same goes for the Anime looking avi's and child/ toddler avatars. I can respect thats how people want to spend their SL, but I for one choose to not have them in mine. Whether or not that makes me racist, well I guess thats up to you, but everyone has preferences and those are mine

During my first avatar incarnation on sl many yrs ago, furries were cute and more animal-like.. but now, some (I said SOME) are scary looking with huge naughty bits that look like they could inflict great bodily harm. I've seen the female variety with enormous boobs and gaping tw*ts.. and the cow avatars that have milking machines attached are downright.. eewwwwww. All this overly sexual animal stuff makes me think of ***** .. but nowadays, I hear that ***** is a life style choice... It's not racist to get grossed out by such things.. It's my life style choice to be a Furry xenophobe because I do not want to see that sort of weird sexual stuff. Weird human sexual stuff is more to my liking, but, as my old granny says, "Each to their own said the old lady as she kissed the cow.."   ?

22 minutes ago, Walelu Summerwind said:

During my first avatar incarnation on sl many yrs ago, furries were cute and more animal-like.. but now, some (I said SOME) are scary looking with huge naughty bits that look like they could inflict great bodily harm. I've seen the female variety with enormous boobs and gaping tw*ts.. and the cow avatars that have milking machines attached are downright.. eewwwwww. All this overly sexual animal stuff makes me think of ***** .. but nowadays, I hear that ***** is a life style choice... It's not racist to get grossed out by such things.. It's my life style choice to be a Furry xenophobe because I do not want to see that sort of weird sexual stuff. Weird human sexual stuff is more to my liking, but, as my old granny says, "Each to their own said the old lady as she kissed the cow.."   ?

I don't know where you've been hanging out, but let me say that ridiculously oversized naughty bits are not the sole province of furries. To each thier own.

• Like 3

I see someone is very confused over reality versus fantasy, so I'll clear something up for them... 

Linden Lab will not act on a venue which states they do not allow Furries. They do not and cannot treat such as Racism because Furries are not an actual race. Period. 

There is nothing you can state to make the above any different - at all. 

Deal with it. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Kassash said:

Lets check what Furry is and what its means.

" The furry fandom is a subculture interested in anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics.[1][2][3] Examples of anthropomorphic attributes include exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, speaking, walking on two legs, and wearing clothes. Furry fandom is also used to refer to the community of people who gather on the Internet and at furry conventions.[4] "

Yes, let's talk about what a Furry is.  A furry is simply a human in an animal COSTUME.  i.e. The Furry is not actually real - is is all dress up and pretend.  They CHOOSE to do it.  People of color do not CHOOSE it, people cannot CHOOSE what race they are.  There cannot be any racism against something that you CHOOSE.

Just because there is lots of 'furry fandom' means nothing.  Should the Star Wars fandom group be protected from your so-called definition of racism?  What about the Game of Thrones fandom, or the Harry Potter fandom, or the Lord of the Rings fandom?  In other words, your outrage is laughable.

Side note - if you are going to use footnote references, you are supposed to actually post the referenced footnotes.  Then again, since you apparently just did a copy/paste from whatever you searched, that probably never even occurred to you.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Kassash said:

Plenty? You said plenty?

Furries are a race? Like in go-cart racing?

maxresdefault.jpg

race 2. noun. a group of people of common ancestry, distinguished from others by physical characteristics, such as hair type, colour of eyes and skin, stature, etc. Principal races are Caucasoid, Mongoloid, and Negroid.

Dude... get a grip. There is no such thing as a furry race in SL or RL. There is no such thing as Furriod.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, Kassash said:

Lets check what Furry is and what its means.

" The furry fandom is a subculture interested in anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics.[1][2][3] Examples of anthropomorphic attributes include exhibiting human intelligence and facial expressions, speaking, walking on two legs, and wearing clothes. Furry fandom is also used to refer to the community of people who gather on the Internet and at furry conventions.

This quote is from the wiki page for "Furry Fandom". It was the first thing I found when i typed that term into google and it's the very first thing written at the top of the wiki. However, this merely interprets, at least to me, as people [the subculture] who are interested in anthropomorphic animal characters with human personalities and characteristics. As in, that alone tells me it is normal, everyday people with a particular interest in something and that "Furry fandom" is in no way a race.

Now, upon further reading of the same wiki, i found this fun tidbit I wanted to quote:

"The phrases furry lifestyle and furry lifestyler first appeared in July 1996 on the newsgroup alt.fan.furry during an ongoing dispute within that online community. The Usenet newsgroup alt.lifestyle.furry was created to accommodate discussion beyond furry art and literature, and to resolve disputes concerning what should or should not be associated with the fandom; its members quickly adopted the term furry lifestylers, and still consider the fandom and the lifestyle to be separate social entities. They have defined and adopted an alternative meaning of the word furry specific to this group: "a person with an important emotional/spiritual connection with an animal or animals, real, fictional or symbolic."[37]

The above quote also does not define "Furry Fandom" as a race, but more instead of a choice to feel a certain way towards a certain thing.

Someone choosing to be a Furry is like someone choosing to be an Elf, a Vampire, an Orc, or any other non fully human "race". The emotional connection may or may not be as deep, I'm sure thats all defined by the individual; but that someone behind the choosing of any of those sorts of things is actually a human. The only actual "race" is the cultural ethnicity of that human. And if the cultural ethnicity of the human in question is not being threatened or discriminated against in some way, then it is not "racist".

It is sad that some people in SL sometimes judge others based solely on avi appearances, yes, I totally agree. But like everyone has the right to make SL their own, they have the right to say: I dont want this or that in my SL. That's just the plain and simple of it.

Furry avis are not the only ones who are discriminated against, human avis too, and goodness all the inbetweens. But, there are thousands of sims to pick from and they do not all have the same sorts of rules or regulations. 

And if it's just one person in particular giving you crap, then block them and move on with life.

Edited by momomoonusagi
Fixed one type. Forgive me if I miss others. XD
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

In other words, your outrage is laughable.

9 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Dude... get a grip. There is no such thing as a furry race in SL or RL. There is no such thing as Furriod.

1 hour ago, momomoonusagi said:

The above quote also does not define "Furry Fandom" as a race, but more instead of a choice to feel a certain way towards a certain thing.

My sentiments exactly.

My biggest objection to your argument is that you belittle the real use of the word. Racism is alive and well on planet earth unfortunately, and we do need to deal with that. But your argument makes a mockery of the word.

• Like 6

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1974 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.