Racism about Furry

Kassash

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Its so painful now to see many many peoples just ignore or ban furry kind avis.

To many Racist comments hit the furry players in these days, about how they look, they ugly, or disgusting. A want to ask. These peoples, why they think furries are ugly? There is tons of furry avatars what look absolutely cool, or cute and adorable. Cant say the same about human avatars. Most of humans avatars just a walking balloons of boobs or asses, abominations what look like a Frankenstein's creature never look like. And peoples call furry ugly?

Lots of beautiful sims out there in the map, what supposed to give relax, chilling and fun to the players, but furry players cant enjoy that how they like to because racist peoples assault them, or the "rightful" owners banned furries.

This is not just intolerance towards another peoples, It is a straightforward breach of personal rights that just because someone looks different we have a reason to hate it. Its meaningless all of the times, how this person acts, or not break any rules, just want to relax, or chilling. Its just start to spread the racism in the Fantastic game.

I ask you good players of second life. What do you think? You like it if someone just start to harassing you because of your avatars look, or completely reject it?

Don't trolling please, its serious, because to much the racist comments in the game now, and to many the racist users now!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, Kassash said:

What do you think? You like it if someone just start to harassing you because of your avatars look, or completely reject it?

I am not a furry but I have been different  avatars in the last 10 years and actually, I got/get the most harassment as my main, blonde haired female.  Though there was an interesting occasion when I was a frog but anyway  I just put any idiots in their place and move on.  I won't let anyone else dictate how I enjoy my SL no matter my avatar looks like 

• Like 1

Years ago, the USO venue Rhonda and I frequented had a strict humans only dress code for historic and realistic purposes.

I would take off my tail but my ears matched a particular period-ish hairstyle so well that I could wear them and with the pose hud, tuck them into my hair. To my knowledge, only Rhonda and I knew they were there. 

Doubt that would work nowadays with all the stalker huds.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Kassash said:

To many Racist comments hit the furry players in these days, about how they look, they ugly, or disgusting. A want to ask. These peoples, why they think furries are ugly? There is tons of furry avatars what look absolutely cool, or cute and adorable. Cant say the same about human avatars. Most of humans avatars just a walking balloons of boobs or asses, abominations what look like a Frankenstein's creature never look like. And peoples call furry ugly?

It doesn't help to degrade the other side. I am a normal human, I do not mind furries, but I also do not appreciate being name called. It is counterproductive to claim to dislike the negative attention when you dish it right back out.

But in general, I do not see any issue with furries especially when we are all free to be here. It's simply a case of a few bad apples ruining it for the rest.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

..... seems like liberal insanity has found its way to Second Life. "Racism about Furry".. are you serious?! It's Second Life for Christ's sake, not San Francisco, California.. Just wear a human avatar and make a tag for over your head that says.. "Identifies as Furry".. problem solved.

• Like 9

To be fair, furries get a bad rap in RL too. To also be fair, I’ve seen plenty of furry females with big boobs and butts too.

I think it’s mostly club owners that do that. It might be because most furries walk around naked all the time? I’m not really sure.

It could also be because back in the day a lot of trolls would wear furry avatars when they went places to troll.

It could be anything really. Personal preference?

The funny thing is most of the furries I know are pretty cool and knowledgeable. I find I can actually have a decent conversation with furries.

123FF4C0-E7AF-4AB2-90EF-3AD6A837B9DA.gif

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Kassash said:

Lots of beautiful sims out there in the map, what supposed to give relax, chilling and fun to the players, but furry players cant enjoy that how they like to because racist peoples assault them, or the "rightful" owners banned furries.

This is not just intolerance towards another peoples, It is a straightforward breach of personal rights that just because someone looks different we have a reason to hate it. Its meaningless all of the times, how this person acts, or not break any rules, just want to relax, or chilling. Its just start to spread the racism in the Fantastic game.

I ask you good players of second life. What do you think? You like it if someone just start to harassing you because of your avatars look, or completely reject it?

Don't trolling please, its serious, because to much the racist comments in the game now, and to many the racist users now!

My SL my rules.

Next

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, Walelu Summerwind said:

..... seems like liberal insanity has found its way to Second Life. "Racism about Furry".. are you serious?! It's Second Life for Christ's sake, not San Francisco, California.. Just wear a human avatar and make a tag for over your head that says.. "Identifies as Furry".. problem solved.

What about  transgendered furries? You know, they have a female furry avi, but they identify as a male furry?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Kassash said:

Cant say the same about human avatars. Most of humans avatars just a walking balloons of boobs or asses, abominations what look like a Frankenstein's creature never look like. And peoples call furry ugly?

I think a lot of people hate furries because a lot of furries have this attitude.

This is not just intolerance towards another peoples, It is a straightforward breach of personal rights

This is SL where you are PRETENDING to be a furry, thus you really don't have any personal rights on that issue for anyone to breach.

Lots of beautiful sims out there in the map

There really are and many of them allow furries, thus as we so often tell others that feel they are being hassled:  SL is a huge place. Find the places that don't cause you grief and get on with your SLife.  Ignore the folks that try to make your SL miserable.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Walelu Summerwind said:

Not according to the Terms of Service:

11.5 The applicable law and venue is in San Francisco, California.

You agree that this Agreement and the relationship between you and Linden Lab shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to conflict of law principles or the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods. Further, you and Linden Lab agree to submit to the exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue of the courts located in the City and County of San Francisco, California, except as provided in Section 10 regarding arbitration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My own experience is kinda switched, lots of furries don’t like us Neko breeds.

Same; but one of my best friends is a furry in life and is one most knowledge people I know about Furry lifestyle and she is Furry here in SL albeit she not been active in a long time however if people that close minded about me being neko or even hybrid with elf ears then byeee, not worth my time as really don't care about your views or judgement on MY SL as I shall continue to play my way. 

Edited by MrsSeren
  • Like 2

Hmmm, these two statements seem to invalidate your entire argument.

3 hours ago, Kassash said:

This is not just intolerance towards another peoples, It is a straightforward breach of personal rights that just because someone looks different we have a reason to hate it.

3 hours ago, Kassash said:

Most of humans avatars just a walking balloons of boobs or asses, abominations what look like a Frankenstein's creature never look like.

Unless you are saying it's ok for Furries to be intollerant, but not the hoomans.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I would guess some places also just don't like the aesthetics of furries. If you're trying to run a medieval inn, and a dude that looks like a giant neon green dog starts walking around he's gonna stand out. I mean even things like a beach resort, or nightclub might be going for a specific look that furries don't fit with. And since furries tend to kinda go places in groups if people see a small group of furries they might assume that they're in a place meant specifically for furries, and leave. And if your target audience is made uncomfortable it's a lot easier to ban the minority that is making them uncomfortable than it is to try and convince them to both be there together.

• Like 2

That's not racism. Your rights haven't been violated. Furries are not victims.

This is why victims of real issues are never taken seriously, too many idiots hijacking words and crying wolf. 

Further, even if it was a problem, it's actually not, because land owners can ban you for any reason they want. SL is all private property. 

• Like 5

On the one hand, I can understand roleplay sims not wanting furries, or any kind of avatar that doesn't fit with the roleplay. Like, furries wouldn't be welcome in 1920's Berlin because it's a reasonably accurate historical roleplay. But if you wanted to roleplay there, you could always put on a human costume to do so. I know that when I am roleplaying, if someone really inappropriate to the roleplay showed up, it does turn me off quite a bit.

However, why does XYZ have to be so particular about what your avatar looks like? Does it really matter if a 5 foot panda comes to a roleplay school or lives in a modern sim? Can people not either ignore that they're a panda or just assume it's a costume? In a place like Berlin or an established universe sim where there are specifics to appearance and character choice, I get it, but just because we don't have panda people in real life doesn't mean they can't exist in most parts of Second Life.

And I get that blah blah my SL blah blah can ban for any reason. If any kind of avatar is blanket not allowed in a place, there really should be a reason for it. If you can't give a reason beyond "I don't like it," you really should reconsider things. Someone saying "there were no panda men in the Potter verse" might suck to hear, but that's a valid reason, and I think people should respect that just as much as how we should respect other people's choice in what they want to look like when that appearance isn't the end of the world.

Edited by HarrisonMcKenzie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

M'kay ....

Point Blank:

1. Furry is not an actual race. No, really it isn't. Get over it, deal with it.
  2. Your own attitude regarding Human and similar avatars reeks of the same "intolerance" you claim is leveled at Furries. Grow up. Get over it.
  3. Welcome to Second Life - Sim/Parcel owners are under no obligation to allow you or anyone else in. None. They pay the bills, they set the rules. Deal with it.
  4. No Trolling? Welcome to the Internet and Welcome to a Public Forum. Here, you have no say nor control over who responds. Again, deal wit it.

Sheesh ....

• Like 11

11 hours ago, Kassash said:

i am pretty sure it's not fun to be ignored or banned... and if the furries are on open welcoming places it won't happen a lot i guess.

But... as human i'm so often ignored at furrie places... or banned...

But(2) if places ask for human forms, no tails, and other phantasy attributes as horns wings, furs and so on and they think themself they have the RIGHT to break those rules, i'ts quite normal to be asked to change leave or be banned.
But(2a) i come on several adult human sims, no need to go deeper in this, but when people are there and furries push themself up as potential "partner" .. my mute/derender button serves me very well. I know it's phantasy, but the thought to hook up with something with a tail or snout isnt my cup of tea. It feels like i'm walking on the street or visiting people while their cute doggy starts riding up against my leg... no thanks.
Getting a racism stamp for this is absurd.

Like any lifeform... your appearance brings chances.. but also limits.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1999 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.