Jump to content
sibavortas

Viewer is hijacked. How to fix?

Recommended Posts

Hello everyone,

Maybe someone can help me. When I login into FireStorm all my textures are broken and I see the message that my viewer is hijacked.

Did anyone face the same problem? How to fix it? Thanks

Screenshot_7.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suspect the viewer wasn't hacked, the computer was hacked (if OP description is accurate, etc.) because what they must have had to do was access the directories on the computer where the textures are kept, right? (caveat: I do not claim to be any kind of technophile.) :P

Edited by Alyona Su

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your viewer wasn't hijacked. You have RLV on.

I think you have to log in from a non-RLV viewer, such as the official SL viewer and take off the RLV item you're wearing, and then log back into firestorm and turn off RLV. I THINK that's how you do it anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, purrrkitten said:

Your viewer wasn't hijacked. You have RLV on.

I think you have to log in from a non-RLV viewer, such as the official SL viewer and take off the RLV item you're wearing, and then log back into firestorm and turn off RLV. I THINK that's how you do it anyways.

RLV can be turned off in FS. You just have to relog after disabling it for it to take effect.

And just to be clear. RLV is disabled as default on FS. You have to enable it to begin with.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, MirandaBowers said:

I didn't even know this sort of thing was possible :S

It is for RLV users. I never use RLV so no one can pull those kind of stunts on me. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MirandaBowers said:

I didn't even know this sort of thing was possible :S

  • Turn all the textures blank, except for the avatars : "@camtextures[:texture_uuid]=<y/n>"

Implemented in v2.9, uuid parameter added in v2.9.20

When active, this restriction makes the viewer ignore every texture in world, except those on the attachments worn by the avatars, as well as their skins and clothes. The materials are untouched as well so this restriction is good for simulating the fact that the avatar cannot "see", let alone "read" textures, but can still "feel" the world around. Since v2.9.20, the uuid specified as a parameter is used to display the corresponding texture everywhere in-world, rather than a grey texture.

 

  • Turn all the textures blank, except for the avatars : "@setcam_textures[:texture_uuid]=<y/n>"

Implemented in v2.9.20

This command works exactly like @camtextures described hereabove, it is a synonym.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Protocol/RestrainedLoveAPI

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wot!? I use RLV for my Wardrobe thing-a-ma-jig. I wear an invisible open collar for some of the tools it can do, but I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't? LOL Wot!? ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:
  • Turn all the textures blank, except for the avatars : "@camtextures[:texture_uuid]=<y/n>"

Implemented in v2.9, uuid parameter added in v2.9.20

When active, this restriction makes the viewer ignore every texture in world, except those on the attachments worn by the avatars, as well as their skins and clothes. The materials are untouched as well so this restriction is good for simulating the fact that the avatar cannot "see", let alone "read" textures, but can still "feel" the world around. Since v2.9.20, the uuid specified as a parameter is used to display the corresponding texture everywhere in-world, rather than a grey texture.

 

  • Turn all the textures blank, except for the avatars : "@setcam_textures[:texture_uuid]=<y/n>"

Implemented in v2.9.20

This command works exactly like @camtextures described hereabove, it is a synonym.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Protocol/RestrainedLoveAPI

 

For a fun time, do @setcam_textures:32dfd1c8-7ff6-5909-d983-6d4adfb4255d=n

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.0ec64afaf9a20ad374e987d040ac3572.png

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you take a look at the profile of the person named on the textures (assuming they have not simply been framed) it would suggest that the OP has bought that person's HUD or permitted it to act upon them. Almost certainly RLV given the nature of that profile. 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Help, I turned on a setting I don't fully understand because a hot girl told me to, now I'm trapped!

Sounds like marriage, actually. 

Edited by Gadget Portal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Beq Janus said:

If you take a look at the profile of the person named on the textures (assuming they have not simply been framed) it would suggest that the OP has bought that person's HUD or permitted it to act upon them. Almost certainly RLV given the nature of that profile. 


Um....it looks like OP is a child avi. They shouldn't have RLV on anyways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, purrrkitten said:


Um....it looks like OP is a child avi. They shouldn't have RLV on anyways.

Actually, yes they do: because there are totally innocent role play "Parent Helper" HUDs and tools that allows role-play parents to carry them, TP them, ground them, "hold their hand" etc - that all relies on RLV. For example: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Parents-Lil-helper/1304818

*I* use RLV for my Wardrobe manager, an SL Kid may use this, too. (https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CTS-Wardrobe-Organize-your-outfits-with-style-A-visual-inventory-organizer/935078)

RLV isn't only useful for trolloping around and pix.els.ex.

//JUST SAYING

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Actually, yes they do: because there are totally innocent role play "Parent Helper" HUDs and tools that allows role-play parents to carry them, TP them, ground them, "hold their hand" etc - that all relies on RLV. For example: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Parents-Lil-helper/1304818

*I* use RLV for my Wardrobe manager, an SL Kid may use this, too. (https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CTS-Wardrobe-Organize-your-outfits-with-style-A-visual-inventory-organizer/935078)

RLV isn't only useful for trolloping around and pix.els.ex.

//JUST SAYING

 

I guess you learn something new everyday. But still lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, purrrkitten said:

 

I guess you learn something new everyday. But still lol.

Hey, I'm almost 13 years in SL and I am *STILL* learning stuff. :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Actually, yes they do: because there are totally innocent role play "Parent Helper" HUDs and tools that allows role-play parents to carry them, TP them, ground them, "hold their hand" etc - that all relies on RLV. For example: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Parents-Lil-helper/1304818

*I* use RLV for my Wardrobe manager, an SL Kid may use this, too. (https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CTS-Wardrobe-Organize-your-outfits-with-style-A-visual-inventory-organizer/935078)

RLV isn't only useful for trolloping around and pix.els.ex.

//JUST SAYING

This hud is in no way child friendly.. The creators profile is all about adult things and RP... The OP should not have bought it as a child...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

This hud is in no way child friendly.. The creators profile is all about adult things and RP... The OP should not have bought it as a child...

It's clear you have no experience with it. But that's okay. And no one said that OP is a child and even if they were, no said one they are using any of this stuff. My response was simply a reply to "SL Kids should not have RLV enabled". For every "ZOMG! That thing is EEEVIIIL" there is commonly an innocent use for it. The Wardrobe tool is the perfect example. People always kneejerk in the direction of "it's a bad thing", but ces la vie.

RLV may have started out being for collars and BDSM and things, but it's a lot more useful for other things now. Just like the way the "shopping cart" and online payment abilities started with the Pr0n sites, it's now at Amazon, and Apple, and Microsoft and so on.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

It's clear you have no experience with it. But that's okay.  My response was simply a reply to "SL Kids should not have RLV enabled". For every "ZOMG! That thing is EEEVIIIL" there is commonly an innocent use for it. The Wardrobe tool is the perfect example. People always kneejerk in the direction of "it's a bad thing", but ces la vie.

RLV may have started out being for collars and BDSM and things, but it's a lot more useful for other things now. Just like the way the "shopping cart" and online payment abilities started with the Pr0n sites, it's now at Amazon, and Apple, and Microsoft and so on.

Experience with? the  hud or RLV? The hud, no... I did contact the creator and she told me about it.. It is very adult and not made for children.. I have plenty of experience with RLV, i know there are child uses for it, never said there wasnt. The OP being a child av they should NOT have bought this hud as it is sexual in nature. But hey, totally misread what i said. 

 

7 hours ago, purrrkitten said:


Um....it looks like OP is a child avi. 

And yes, someone did say the OP was a child, you referenced it yourself!

7 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

 no said one they are using any of this stuff

Umm, the OP is wearing the HUD, how is that not using it? You don't use much logic do you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

And no one said that OP is a child

I did, and you quoted me where I said it. Look at their profile.

 

35 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

no said one they are using any of this stuff.

They obviously own that hud.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...