Viewer is hijacked. How to fix?

sibavortas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I suspect the viewer wasn't hacked, the computer was hacked (if OP description is accurate, etc.) because what they must have had to do was access the directories on the computer where the textures are kept, right? (caveat: I do not claim to be any kind of technophile.) :P

Edited by Alyona Su

4 minutes ago, purrrkitten said:

Your viewer wasn't hijacked. You have RLV on.

I think you have to log in from a non-RLV viewer, such as the official SL viewer and take off the RLV item you're wearing, and then log back into firestorm and turn off RLV. I THINK that's how you do it anyways.

RLV can be turned off in FS. You just have to relog after disabling it for it to take effect.

And just to be clear. RLV is disabled as default on FS. You have to enable it to begin with.

Edited by Selene Gregoire
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, MirandaBowers said:

I didn't even know this sort of thing was possible :S

• Turn all the textures blank, except for the avatars : "@camtextures[:texture_uuid]=<y/n>"

Implemented in v2.9, uuid parameter added in v2.9.20

When active, this restriction makes the viewer ignore every texture in world, except those on the attachments worn by the avatars, as well as their skins and clothes. The materials are untouched as well so this restriction is good for simulating the fact that the avatar cannot "see", let alone "read" textures, but can still "feel" the world around. Since v2.9.20, the uuid specified as a parameter is used to display the corresponding texture everywhere in-world, rather than a grey texture.

• Turn all the textures blank, except for the avatars : "@setcam_textures[:texture_uuid]=<y/n>"

Implemented in v2.9.20

This command works exactly like @camtextures described hereabove, it is a synonym.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Protocol/RestrainedLoveAPI

• Thanks 2

56 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:
  • Turn all the textures blank, except for the avatars : "@camtextures[:texture_uuid]=<y/n>"

Implemented in v2.9, uuid parameter added in v2.9.20

When active, this restriction makes the viewer ignore every texture in world, except those on the attachments worn by the avatars, as well as their skins and clothes. The materials are untouched as well so this restriction is good for simulating the fact that the avatar cannot "see", let alone "read" textures, but can still "feel" the world around. Since v2.9.20, the uuid specified as a parameter is used to display the corresponding texture everywhere in-world, rather than a grey texture.

• Turn all the textures blank, except for the avatars : "@setcam_textures[:texture_uuid]=<y/n>"

Implemented in v2.9.20

This command works exactly like @camtextures described hereabove, it is a synonym.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Protocol/RestrainedLoveAPI

For a fun time, do @setcam_textures:32dfd1c8-7ff6-5909-d983-6d4adfb4255d=n

Snapshot_001.thumb.png.0ec64afaf9a20ad374e987d040ac3572.png

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Haha 3

If you take a look at the profile of the person named on the textures (assuming they have not simply been framed) it would suggest that the OP has bought that person's HUD or permitted it to act upon them. Almost certainly RLV given the nature of that profile. 

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Beq Janus said:

If you take a look at the profile of the person named on the textures (assuming they have not simply been framed) it would suggest that the OP has bought that person's HUD or permitted it to act upon them. Almost certainly RLV given the nature of that profile. 

Um....it looks like OP is a child avi. They shouldn't have RLV on anyways.

2 hours ago, purrrkitten said:

Um....it looks like OP is a child avi. They shouldn't have RLV on anyways.

Actually, yes they do: because there are totally innocent role play "Parent Helper" HUDs and tools that allows role-play parents to carry them, TP them, ground them, "hold their hand" etc - that all relies on RLV. For example: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Parents-Lil-helper/1304818

*I* use RLV for my Wardrobe manager, an SL Kid may use this, too. (https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CTS-Wardrobe-Organize-your-outfits-with-style-A-visual-inventory-organizer/935078)

RLV isn't only useful for trolloping around and pix.els.ex.

//JUST SAYING

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 4

29 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Actually, yes they do: because there are totally innocent role play "Parent Helper" HUDs and tools that allows role-play parents to carry them, TP them, ground them, "hold their hand" etc - that all relies on RLV. For example: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Parents-Lil-helper/1304818

*I* use RLV for my Wardrobe manager, an SL Kid may use this, too. (https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/CTS-Wardrobe-Organize-your-outfits-with-style-A-visual-inventory-organizer/935078)

//JUST SAYING

I guess you learn something new everyday. But still lol.

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

//JUST SAYING

This hud is in no way child friendly.. The creators profile is all about adult things and RP... The OP should not have bought it as a child...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

This hud is in no way child friendly.. The creators profile is all about adult things and RP... The OP should not have bought it as a child...

It's clear you have no experience with it. But that's okay. And no one said that OP is a child and even if they were, no said one they are using any of this stuff. My response was simply a reply to "SL Kids should not have RLV enabled". For every "ZOMG! That thing is EEEVIIIL" there is commonly an innocent use for it. The Wardrobe tool is the perfect example. People always kneejerk in the direction of "it's a bad thing", but ces la vie.

RLV may have started out being for collars and BDSM and things, but it's a lot more useful for other things now. Just like the way the "shopping cart" and online payment abilities started with the Pr0n sites, it's now at Amazon, and Apple, and Microsoft and so on.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

It's clear you have no experience with it. But that's okay.  My response was simply a reply to "SL Kids should not have RLV enabled". For every "ZOMG! That thing is EEEVIIIL" there is commonly an innocent use for it. The Wardrobe tool is the perfect example. People always kneejerk in the direction of "it's a bad thing", but ces la vie.

RLV may have started out being for collars and BDSM and things, but it's a lot more useful for other things now. Just like the way the "shopping cart" and online payment abilities started with the Pr0n sites, it's now at Amazon, and Apple, and Microsoft and so on.

Experience with? the  hud or RLV? The hud, no... I did contact the creator and she told me about it.. It is very adult and not made for children.. I have plenty of experience with RLV, i know there are child uses for it, never said there wasnt. The OP being a child av they should NOT have bought this hud as it is sexual in nature. But hey, totally misread what i said. 

7 hours ago, purrrkitten said:

Um....it looks like OP is a child avi. 

And yes, someone did say the OP was a child, you referenced it yourself!

7 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

no said one they are using any of this stuff

Umm, the OP is wearing the HUD, how is that not using it? You don't use much logic do you?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.