Recover very old account from DB breach?

Kluger Jinxing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, I had an account looong ago, and it was locked due to a security breach in the SL databases.  I have been using a new account, but it would be nice to be able to recover that account.  I think at the time it was possible to recover it through some process, but I missed the boat.  )-:  Is there any hope to get it back now?

5 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Kluger Jinxing said:

Hi, I had an account looong ago, and it was locked due to a security breach in the SL databases.  I have been using a new account, but it would be nice to be able to recover that account.  I think at the time it was possible to recover it through some process, but I missed the boat.  )-:  Is there any hope to get it back now?

If you can remember your email and security questions it could be possible.  More information here

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kluger Jinxing said:

Thanks!  I believe the account was locked out in some special way.  I think the password hashes were stolen, and Linden Labs simply disabled login until we could prove our identities.  I will try the Forgot Password, but I think LL has to do the fix manually.

You should file a support ticket then and explain it all  :)   https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Edited by Cindy Evanier
blonde moment

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1976 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.