Local Chat Sound Script

Steane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all.

I am needing a script I can place in an object, then add as a HUD. That will send a sound to me every time someone types in local chat,  and only I can hear it

Thanks in advance

Edited by Steane

1 hour ago, Steane said:

Hi all.

I am needing a script I can place in an object, then add as a HUD. That will send a sound to me every time someone types in local chat,  and only I can hear it

Thanks in advance

This is really easy to do, and a really bad idea, as it just makes pointless script lag.

A better option is to go in to your viewer preferences, and set the notification options to play a sound every time something is said in local, which should be an option there.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Klytyna said:

This is really easy to do, and a really bad idea, as it just makes pointless script lag.

A better option is to go in to your viewer preferences, and set the notification options to play a sound every time something is said in local, which should be an option there.

I wish it was an option and if it is I can't find it on FS. trust me I only get 5 visitors a day, it wont lag me. :)

If you know where the local chat alert on FS is please let me know

Thanks

21 hours ago, Steane said:

If you know where the local chat alert on FS is please let me know

I don't use FS, but on the preferences panel, there should be a tab for 'chat' settings, and another for "notifications", I'd expect it to be there, where you can set an alert sound for incoming IM's, or for new lines in chat and group chats, etc.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/1/2018 at 6:03 PM, Klytyna said:

I don't use FS, but on the preferences panel, there should be a tab for 'chat' settings, and another for "notifications", I'd expect it to be there, where you can set an alert sound for incoming IM's, or for new lines in chat and group chats, etc.

Nope nothing on FS for local chat only IMs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.