Issues in keeping connected on Second Life longer than 2-5 minutes.

Krenic

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So I am facing a...really odd problem with second life. I have gotten a new modem , and since then the problem with SL started, I ALWAYS get disconnected after 2-5 minutes. So I figured the issue is the modem or the ports of it or something, ALTHOUGH my desktop which is also connected to the modem...works fine? I have no issues on my desktop regarding SL, just on my laptop. I disabled my laptop's firewalls, my modem's firewalls briefly to test, I still get disconnected. Other games on my laptop work just fine, smoothly even, and before the new modem I used to play on a wireless with no issues at all. Aaaaaaanyone have an idea of how to help me there?

2 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Krenic said:

So I am facing a...really odd problem with second life. I have gotten a new modem , and since then the problem with SL started, I ALWAYS get disconnected after 2-5 minutes. So I figured the issue is the modem or the ports of it or something, ALTHOUGH my desktop which is also connected to the modem...works fine? I have no issues on my desktop regarding SL, just on my laptop. I disabled my laptop's firewalls, my modem's firewalls briefly to test, I still get disconnected. Other games on my laptop work just fine, smoothly even, and before the new modem I used to play on a wireless with no issues at all. Aaaaaaanyone have an idea of how to help me there?

Try the laptop wired in rather than wireless. 

Have a look at this thread too

Edited by Cindy Evanier

Also check the temperature monitor in your laptop.  Laptops are notoriously badly ventilated, and will tend to run hot in SL anyway.  If you don't have decent airflow around your machine (or if it's full of cat hair), it will overheat and shut down the offending software (SL).  Desktops are much better behaved -- loads of airspace and big fans.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1997 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.