Shopping on Marketplace

allabell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I was browsing on the MP and bought a few things.  I intended to look at them before leaving sl, so I accepted them when they were received. They are no longer in Received Items folder. Before I could get to them, I crashed. Now, back in sl again, and I can't find them in  inventory. Haha, since I was browsing - I can't even recall what they are called. So, back to Account and I see that I was charged for them - however, all I have is a Purchase Order number, not a store name, and not an item description. I don't recall what they were since I was browsing and I wasn't at a particular avatar's store. What now? How do I trace what an item is called (so that I can find it in my inventory) when all I know is the Purchase Order number?

5 answers to this question

20 minutes ago, allabell said:

I was browsing on the MP and bought a few things.  I intended to look at them before leaving sl, so I accepted them when they were received. They are no longer in Received Items folder. Before I could get to them, I crashed. Now, back in sl again, and I can't find them in  inventory. Haha, since I was browsing - I can't even recall what they are called. So, back to Account and I see that I was charged for them - however, all I have is a Purchase Order number, not a store name, and not an item description. I don't recall what they were since I was browsing and I wasn't at a particular avatar's store. What now? How do I trace what an item is called (so that I can find it in my inventory) when all I know is the Purchase Order number?

Log into the marketplace -  go to My Marketplace  »  My account  »  My order history

you should see everything you have bought there with links to the items themselves.  

744eb2c76e09c650a9d4b0c3a3f7ecdc.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, allabell said:

Go to you Recent tab in Inventory.  Open the Filters (maybe via a gear-like icon or something).  Bump the days to 2 or 3.  See if the show up in the display.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2018 at 3:40 PM, allabell said:

Allabell,

If all else fails, in your inworld inventory, open the "Objects" tab, they may have arrived directly into your inventory.  If so, they will be boxed there.

All the best.

• Like 1

One of the best ways to find new stuff is the Recent tab combined with the use of filters. By default, the Recent tab shows stuff new to the current session. With filters, you can change this to any time period. Very neatly the inventory list responds as you change the time period. So, you click to look at more and more days until you see the stuff you are looking for.

A crash should not cause you to lose an MP purchase. The purchase is going to clear the MP and register in the server-side inventory then appear in your viewer-side inventory. Even if something goes wrong viewer-side, at your next login the viewer's inventory list will be updating and syncing with the server-side. It is very likely the stuff is there and unrecognized by you or in some place where you aren't looking.

The Firestorm Viewer has a problem that causes the viewer-side inventory list to corrupt. It isn't a prevalent problem. But, there are a few people that see it every week and ask in Answers. The quick check is to login with the Linden Viewer and see if the missing things are visible. The FS Wiki has a page on finding Missing Inventory.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1920 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.