ak521pg

Need help getting a message to friends inworld

My computer is old and SL did a silent upgrade on me and locked me out because the update just won't work on my old pc graphics, and I can't afford to buy a new computer. 

I was hoping that someone here would go inworld and tell a few of my friends what happened - Ravelli Ormstein  can be found at Caledon Oxbridge Village ; 

and Rocky Laws and Access.Toshi  can be found at Auville Heights SL Mining - please tell them to use up my rocks before the end of the month. 

I really appreciate this, as I can't figure out how else to contact them and give them the messages.

7 minutes ago, ak521pg said:

My computer is old and SL did a silent upgrade on me and locked me out because the update just won't work on my old pc graphics, and I can't afford to buy a new computer. 

I was hoping that someone here would go inworld and tell a few of my friends what happened - Ravelli Ormstein  can be found at Caledon Oxbridge Village ; 

and Rocky Laws and Access.Toshi  can be found at Auville Heights SL Mining - please tell them to use up my rocks before the end of the month. 

I really appreciate this, as I can't figure out how else to contact them and give them the messages.

I sent messages to them and directed them to this forum post.  :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I sent messages to them and directed them to this forum post.  :)

Thank you so much :) 

Got you message.  Sorry your having trouble.  You can try uninstalling and downloading the previous version or alternate viewer.  Hope to see you again :)

• Like 1

Hello ak521pg,

good to know you are safe! I suspect, it is not your computer or viewer causing the issue. The entire grid has issues since Saturday. Many of us got kicked out several times and were not able to login for a while. Login issues are still officially listed in the Grid Status Report: https://status.secondlifegrid.net/ - But of course it still can be your computer. Does your viewer start at all?

I will inform some of the others in Caledon, and continue missing you inworld.

@Miss Evanier: many thanks for being attentive and friendly to send me an IM!

Bye for now

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ak521pg said:

My computer is old and SL did a silent upgrade on me and locked me out because the update just won't work on my old pc graphics

Hi. If you can't find the viewer version you had before the upgrade, you may have it on your computer in a folder named something like: C:\users\your name\downloads. The filename will be Second_Life_ some numbers and end with _Setup.
If you get the old viewer back, open preferences\setup and in software updates choose I will download and install updates manually.
To avoid forced updates add this to your shortcuts execution line: " --channel "TestABC", remember the quotation marks and the space before --.
I hope you will find your way back SL :)

Edited by Bent Luik
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Bent Luik said:

Hi. If you can't find the viewer version you had before the upgrade, you may have it on your computer in a folder named something like: C:\users\your name\downloads. The filename will be Second_Life_ some numbers and end with _Setup.
If you get the old viewer back, open preferences\setup and in software updates choose I will download and install updates manually.
To avoid forced updates add this to your shortcuts execution line: " --channel "TestABC", remember the quotation marks and the space before --.
I hope you will find your way back SL :)

Thank you so much, I was able to reinstall it :) 

• Like 1