Jump to content
ak521pg

Need help getting a message to friends inworld

Recommended Posts

My computer is old and SL did a silent upgrade on me and locked me out because the update just won't work on my old pc graphics, and I can't afford to buy a new computer. 

I was hoping that someone here would go inworld and tell a few of my friends what happened - Ravelli Ormstein  can be found at Caledon Oxbridge Village ; 

and Rocky Laws and Access.Toshi  can be found at Auville Heights SL Mining - please tell them to use up my rocks before the end of the month. 

I really appreciate this, as I can't figure out how else to contact them and give them the messages.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, ak521pg said:

My computer is old and SL did a silent upgrade on me and locked me out because the update just won't work on my old pc graphics, and I can't afford to buy a new computer. 

I was hoping that someone here would go inworld and tell a few of my friends what happened - Ravelli Ormstein  can be found at Caledon Oxbridge Village ; 

and Rocky Laws and Access.Toshi  can be found at Auville Heights SL Mining - please tell them to use up my rocks before the end of the month. 

I really appreciate this, as I can't figure out how else to contact them and give them the messages.

I sent messages to them and directed them to this forum post.  :)

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

I sent messages to them and directed them to this forum post.  :)

Thank you so much :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got you message.  Sorry your having trouble.  You can try uninstalling and downloading the previous version or alternate viewer.  Hope to see you again :)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello ak521pg,

good to know you are safe! I suspect, it is not your computer or viewer causing the issue. The entire grid has issues since Saturday. Many of us got kicked out several times and were not able to login for a while. Login issues are still officially listed in the Grid Status Report: https://status.secondlifegrid.net/ - But of course it still can be your computer. Does your viewer start at all?

I will inform some of the others in Caledon, and continue missing you inworld.

@Miss Evanier: many thanks for being attentive and friendly to send me an IM!

Bye for now

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ak521pg said:

My computer is old and SL did a silent upgrade on me and locked me out because the update just won't work on my old pc graphics

Hi. If you can't find the viewer version you had before the upgrade, you may have it on your computer in a folder named something like: C:\users\your name\downloads. The filename will be Second_Life_ some numbers and end with _Setup.
If you get the old viewer back, open preferences\setup and in software updates choose I will download and install updates manually.
To avoid forced updates add this to your shortcuts execution line: " --channel "TestABC", remember the quotation marks and the space before --.
I hope you will find your way back SL :)

Edited by Bent Luik
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bent Luik said:

Hi. If you can't find the viewer version you had before the upgrade, you may have it on your computer in a folder named something like: C:\users\your name\downloads. The filename will be Second_Life_ some numbers and end with _Setup.
If you get the old viewer back, open preferences\setup and in software updates choose I will download and install updates manually.
To avoid forced updates add this to your shortcuts execution line: " --channel "TestABC", remember the quotation marks and the space before --.
I hope you will find your way back SL :)

Thank you so much, I was able to reinstall it :) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can someone please help me..i lost my cable, not sure when Im getting it back, could someone please tell MissSalina at cinsal airport im ok and to tell didi im fine, tell them I love them all...I hope they get this message, I know their as worried as I am,,,big thank you!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, cindyanna1 said:

can someone please help me..i lost my cable, not sure when Im getting it back, could someone please tell MissSalina at cinsal airport im ok and to tell didi im fine, tell them I love them all...I hope they get this message, I know their as worried as I am,,,big thank you!!!

Try posting to their feed: https://my.secondlife.com/MissSalina No guarantees, but it may help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could you please just leave a lil message for me,,please...tell her im ok and I don't know when I can get cable back

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, cindyanna1 said:

could you please just leave a lil message for me,,please...tell her im ok and I don't know when I can get cable back

I will.  One moment.

[ETA]
Done.  She's offline at the moment but message sent along with a link to your post.

 

 

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...