Is the Grid down!

April Chung

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Okay Editted:  Here is it below.  (Click on Subscribe to Updates).  It wants your email.  My answer:  N O  

https://secondlife-status.statuspage.io/incidents/0py2c1hpp289

Is that for real?  Even so, I will not give out my email address to it when the updates can be found right here.  

The only way you get to that page is by clicking on something from the official Grid Status page -- thus, of course it is for real.  And the page tells you specifically WHY it is asking for your email address -- i.e. "SUBSCRIBE TO UPDATES".  Any time you SUBSCRIBE to anything, you have to give an email for the subscription.  

thus means a relog again with email address. 

You should not have to provide an email address to log into the viewer.  Logins are always by username and password.  Viewers don't even have a place for an email address on the login screen, so I'm not sure what you are even referring to here.

What's with the /99 stop not working?  Because the only way to get my avi to stop dancing was to log off,

Under one of you menu items - probably under Me somewhere - there should be some sort of option to Stop Animations.

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The only way you get to that page is by clicking on something from the official Grid Status page -- thus, of course it is for real.  And the page tells you specifically WHY it is asking for your email address -- i.e. "SUBSCRIBE TO UPDATES".  Any time you SUBSCRIBE to anything, you have to give an email for the subscription.  

You should not have to provide an email address to log into the viewer.  Logins are always by username and password.  Viewers don't even have a place for an email address on the login screen, so I'm not sure what you are even referring to here.

Under one of you menu items - probably under Me somewhere - there should be some sort of option to Stop Animations.

@Little Jewel, Sorry, was confused during a crazy day on SL yesterday.  No, you don't need your email address to login.   Don't like the possibility of someone trying to get login information either - usernames and passwords.

This actually was the first time I ever experienced any problems with SL.  I've had none for over a year until yesterday.  Didn't know what to make of that updater thing asking me for email address as I don't subscribe to anything. 

Everything seems better today and all is working great!  

And, to another poster in this thread, I never said it was mandatory to give your email address to that updater thing.  I said it's BEST not to.  Was just giving my opinion.   

Again, @Little Jewel, Will check the ME thing regarding Stop Animations.  Good to learn something everyday!

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1977 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.