Is the Grid down!

April Chung

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, Willow Wilder said:

Does anyone reading along use Twitter? It would be nice to see some acknowledgement the login problem is being worked on. Live Chat isn't open yet. 

https://twitter.com/SLGridStatus

https://twitter.com/SecondLife

I've tweeted to the ones that I know monitor if they are awake and I even poked ebbe,  I think the systems have not made an alert yet.    dont quote me on that.  but we've not heard anything on any fronts.

Logins are spotty at best, logouts are often and the website has been unreachable several times, whatever is causing it is ongoing.

Looks suspiciously like DDoS or the cleaning lady unplugged something again.

Edited by Trin1
spelling

4 minutes ago, Trin1 said:

Logins are spotty at best, logouts are often and the website has been unreachable several times, whatever is causing it is ongoing.

Looks suspiciously like DDoS or the cleaning lady unplugged something again.

checking current major ddos attacks, not showing anything hitting the data center LL is in.

The grid is always down or messed up, I have been in sl for going on 10 years and I have NEVER EVER seen so many restarts and maintenance, there is at least 4-5 days a week that SL is having restarts and maintenance done. The more mesh that is used in sl, the more issues the grid will have bc mesh is constantly streaming, its not like a prim that is connected to sl directly, it has to be streamed in from a separate server, now if that server ever went down, then say goodbye to everything that is mesh, it will just disappear. The servers that LL has now cant handle the mesh overload, hence the constant grid issues, on top of that, the people who write new code for the grid, write it over old code which interferes with each other. Instead of actually taking the time to properly fix sl, they just put a bandage over it. I think most of us wouldnt mind taking a few days or so off of sl so it can be fixed properly, Heck I would even take a week off, not like Im missing anything since the grid is constantly going down any way..lol

• Haha 3
  • Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.