Is the Grid down!

April Chung

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

26 minutes ago, Bleach Kimono said:

The grid is always down or messed up,
I have been in sl for going on 10 years and I have NEVER EVER seen so many restarts and maintenance, there is at least 4-5 days a week
The servers that LL has now cant handle the mesh overload,
the constant grid issues,

I think 
the grid is constantly going down any way..lol

took a while but close to : the SKY IS FALLING appeared....

and to the two last lines... don't do it... by being busy thinking you'll forget the grid hasn't been down at all since a while.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Bleach Kimono said:

The grid is always down or messed up, ... there is at least 4-5 days a week that SL is having restarts and maintenance done. ...  I think most of us wouldnt mind taking a few days or so off of sl so it can be fixed properly, Heck I would even take a week off, not like Im missing anything since the grid is constantly going down any way..lol

1) "The grid is always down or messed up, ... there is at least 4-5 days a week that SL is having restarts and maintenance done. ..."

Not sure which SL you're on ... I haven't experienced the issue your having. Sorry to hear about that :(

2) "I think most of us wouldnt mind taking a few days or so off of sl so it can be fixed properly, Heck I would even take a week off, not like Im missing anything since the grid is constantly going down any way..lol"

Sure, you go ahead and do that ... then, hurry back haha :)

Its just one of the those days ... breaks like these give me a chance to do other things other than SL :)

Edited by Allie Bayn
  • Like 3

"it happens, things fail, it's the nature of the beast when you run a huge environment like SL, remember this is an active product in development since 2003, some of it is old and legacy and can not be easily redone. "

One might remind everyone that it COULD be redone and made better IF instead of wasting money on SANSAR LL could have started a bigger and better platform for ALL SL residents. Back in the "day" people put up with bad platform because it didn't cost a lot. Land was free , nobody knew what the price of $L was going to be and when one was able to login it was fascinating just to see what everyday people were making and doing. So now that we have a "mature" business lets see if LL will really support it or just limp along till "Virtual Reality" of the great and wonderful  OZ (SANSAR) comes out from behind the curtain to tell us it really isn't that great.

4 hours ago, Bleach Kimono said:

The grid is always down or messed up, I have been in sl for going on 10 years and

WARNING: Fact free tech-illiterate FossilNoob SL-Neanderthal BS Attack detected!

All Techy types, please report to battlestations, this is NOT a drill!

there is at least 4-5 days a week that SL is having restarts and maintenance done

No, that's simply not the case, and hasn't been since well, before YOU were rezzed...

The more mesh that is used in sl, the more issues the grid will have bc mesh is

And here comes the vapid collection of clueless "mesh is of the Devil" crapola we've all come to know, expect, and despise in posts that start like yours.

constantly streaming,

Wrong, it streams to your viewer just like a texture then sits in your cache... it doesn't "constantly stream".

its not like a prim that is connected to sl directly,

Prims are NOT directly connected to SL, they are constructed in your viewer from information that is... Yes you guessed it, STREAMED from the Sim Servers & Asset Servers!

it has to be streamed in from a separate server, now if that server ever went down, then say goodbye to everything that is mesh, it will just disappear

And yet more tech-illiterate SL-Neanderthal Bollocks! The mesh is streamed from exactly the same Asset Servers as textures, and the contents of your inventory, and all the prim linksets in world. If the Asset servers went down, EVERYTHING goes poof...

I think most of us wouldnt mind taking a few days or so off of sl so it can be fixed properly

If you thinks something the size and scope of Sl can be "fixed in a few days", you obviously have NO concept of technology, hardware setup, programming, or objective reality as experienced by the rest of the human race.

Heck I would even take a week off, not like Im missing anything since the grid is constantly going down any way..lol

Enjoy your trip, send us a postcard from Cloud-Cuckoo-Land when you get there, if you enjoy it, why not extend your vacation, take a 6 month sabbatical!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Magnek Fang said:

Waitwaitwait, mesh is being blamed for this? O.o

Didn't you get the memo?

Mesh is of the Devil, it was invented by filthy griefer alt noobs who don't have proper last names, to promote Communism, Satan Worship, , Sexual Deviancy, and voting Demopublican...

It's all part of a sinister International Plot by Euro-Commies to help Canada invade California via a tunnel under the South Pole, and destroy John Wayne's house!

• Haha 1

Yes me and many are having the same issues; though it's crashes, then can't log in.

I suspect phishing in regards to giving out an email address for that updater thing. 

I would not recommend you give out your email address UNLESS it's for a report to the Linden Labs directly.

Just wanted to say /99 stop for the dances is not working now.

There are crazy people who try to hack things for Halloween.

Best to keep your email address to yourself.

• Confused 2

There is a place (I'm seeing anyways) that you click on and it's asking you for an email to update you on the grid status.  Seemed "fishy" to me as I've never seen anything like that before.

Also, the dances won't stop with /99 stop.  The only way I could get my avi to stop dancing was to log off, which means I'd have to relog - thus use my email login again.

What IF hackers are phishing for email addresses?

It wouldn't be a first, and on Halloween, crazy stuff does happen.  It wouldn't be a first either, for any website.

Just using caution.

Let me see if I can copy and paste that updater thing asking for my email address here.

Okay Editted:  Here is it below.  (Click on Subscribe to Updates).  It wants your email.  My answer:  N O  

https://secondlife-status.statuspage.io/incidents/0py2c1hpp289

Is that for real?  Even so, I will not give out my email address to it when the updates can be found right here.  

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

That's totally legit

Okay, but it's not for me.   I do not easily give out my email address EVER!  

What's with the /99 stop not working?  Because the only way to get my avi to stop dancing was to log off, thus means a relog again with email address.  That's happened to me twice today on my own chim and a friend's hud.  So, two different devices.  So, it seemed "fishy".

I'll try my chim in about an hour again.  Gotta go rl for dinner.

Edited by FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1978 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.