Jump to content
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Heya Folks. I can confirm it was a DDoS attack, and yes, the folks on my team had a rough weekend. We do our best to fight DDoSes, but this one took quite a bit more effort than normal.

/me gives up on the cage and takes Hamster Linden to schnüggel in bed.

Godlike status..What it feels like when you first get it   Godlike status..What it feels like after awhile.  

Posted Images

Also I should clarify, it is 4:53 AM in San Francisco right now, on a sunday. Expecting the grid to be offline for 2 to 3 more hours unless a Linden gets a text message from the grid or a Linden gets up early and they go "BRING YOUR SUNDAY TO EARLY WORK DAY".

For those whom are angry, pls do not blame the Lindens. The grid breaks from time to time, and back in the day it could end up going down for a whole week! Downtimes these days are nothing and they usually fix it within 6 hours of it going down.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chaser Zaks said:

Also I should clarify, it is 4:53 AM in San Francisco right now, on a sunday. Expecting the grid to be offline for 2 to 3 more hours unless a Linden gets a text message from the grid or a Linden gets up early and they go "BRING YOUR SUNDAY TO EARLY WORK DAY".

when I did watch nights at a company I did their noc,  if anything derped everybody and their brother got a text. not sure what LL has though.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Cindy Evanier said:

out of those who were with me, I know 2 were in europe and 1 in NZ

See? Might not be a Lab problem at all - so chances are it gets fixed faster... banks give a s**t about sundays if their transactions fail ;)

 

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Wilma Philbin said:

I was able to log in like 20 minutes ago, but was tossed out right now :(  In Sweden so it could be just us outside US.

I'm 2 hours outside of the LL data center in arizona,  trust me, I'm not in either, typically I have no issues and low ping times being this close.

  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

when I did watch nights at a company I did their noc,  if anything derped everybody and their brother got a text. not sure what LL has though.

Depends on the issue. If something went really bad, it might have caused the fail safes to fail, in which case LL will not get a text. Normally if it is a "catchable" in a sense error, LL will get a text about the grid crying.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yee it seems to be back up now, but jesus christ that 12,047 dip is the lowest I've seen the logins in a while.

Unsure if the grid fixed it's self or a Linden got up to fix it. If a Linden did, thank you very much for your early morning working!

--EDIT--

I have been told people have been able to get in for a while, but get logged out after a while. This may or may not still be continuing.

Edited by Chaser Zaks
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Chaser Zaks said:

Depends on the issue. If something went really bad, it might have caused the fail safes to fail, in which case LL will not get a text. Normally if it is a "catchable" in a sense error, LL will get a text about the grid crying.

This is what I am thinking, I just got back in instantly just now. hm

Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 963 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...