Logins?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

wonder if the lab is using cloudflare yet...  cloudflare in the past I've seen them get reddit out of the hole within mintues. 

Tech talk is like dirty talk to me....I don't understand (most of) it, but it sure does sound good.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, animats said:

Something major just went wrong. "ping secondlife.com" is losing about 90% of packets.

with the current DDOS happening on black desert online, it's jammed up traffic on a whole range of ip's.   we have to wait for it to slow down or die off.  only way LL servers will see our login traffic.   

Well, I guess I'll just get ready for bed, it's late for me anyway. I suppose I'll just have to pretend and finish out my RP in my head to ease my OCD over it. 

Now, if I was building, this actually wouldn't bother me; however because I was actively RP'ing (and no nothing sexual) it's really annoyed me!!!

haha

Goodness!

Just now, Callum Meriman said:

I think we can discount any link between BDO and SL. None of the other MMOs are being hit.

This is an attack on SL, seperate to any others.

My money is still on the butt-hurt furries we saw in the thread accusing the Lindens of abuse.

Is that thread still up? Honestly, I thought you were just taking the piss! 

1 minute ago, Callum Meriman said:

I think we can discount any link between BDO and SL. None of the other MMOs are being hit.

My money is still on the butt-hurt furries we saw in the thread accusing the Lindens of abuse.

I would be at all surprised LOL

2 minutes ago, Callum Meriman said:

mm maybe,  posted a link above and then I've got people playing it right now and been watching a few places discussing it. north american servers are getting smacked bad right at the moment for bdo.  

Just now, bigmoe Whitfield said:

mm maybe,  posted a link above and then I've got people playing it right now and been watching a few places discussing it. north american servers are getting smacked bad right at the moment for bdo.  

But I'll stop discussing it, I got my head put in the sand the other day because of it.  

Back up now. The network overload lasted about five minutes. But everyone was kicked off SL. Beta grid, too.

Firestorm support just sent "Folks, please don't hammer support with questions, we don't know any more than you do. At a *guess*, this is a repeat of the DDOS attacks that happened Sunday."

• Thanks 1

a friend of mine confirmed me that bdo is getting DDOs'd too, i guess since SL grind is hosted in Cali ... welp
the real question here is: are we always going to be affected from these? this will be a premium day i wont get back from linden? uhmm so many questions

• Thanks 1

the only problem i have with saying its a DDoS attack is the very implication it has.

Often saying "we're being hit with a DDoS" is a companies way of saying "we don't know what is going on." or "we messed up somewhere and don't want to admit it."

But all that aside. if it were a DDoS it would certainly need to be directed at LL even in the slightest to take down logins and in world services at the scale it is. considering its hitting users on multiple regions and even logging users out due to time outs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1994 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.