Logins?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hard to remember back a decade ago, but yes, far more than 5 in a day.  Not to mention the days when you didn't get but one crash simply because it never even came up again for the rest of the day.

I remember one big one, we sat on the roof of a building watching the nunbers drop and drop.  We needed to log off and RL but we were being stubborn.  It got right down to less than 200 logged in and then suddenly numbers started going up.  We sat on that damn roof for about 4 hours lol

2 minutes ago, H8 said:

6 hours after the issues begin to occur they finally wake up and post in the status page.

6 hours?   We started this about 3 am slt  Try 10 hours 

• Like 2

I'm finding it strange that if I try to log in through my usual viewer, Singularity, I can't get in, yet can get in through firestorm.  Once in, I talked to others in the Singularity group that were in through Singularity with no problem. Logged out of FS and tried Singularity again... no go. 

8 minutes ago, H8 said:

6 hours after the issues begin to occur they finally wake up and post in the status page.

6 hours later not even a small update.

Classic LL. Maybe it won't have been this bad if they didn't pull most of the staff to work on their dead project.

it is sunday, next week is halloween I bet a lot empolyees are off to visit family... and those few that can fix stuff cannot work faster than us other humans either... finding what is running wrong is the first step in fixing... actually figuring that out however can take ages - what should they tell us? "We are at it for 6 hours now, Huey is brewing the 3rd can of coffee and Dewey keeps tossing rubber balls at the offfice door in sheer despair. Luis is shouting at his monitor again. However we still have no idea what's wrong though." would that make you feel better?

Edited by Fionalein
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Angel Tungsten said:

I'm finding it strange that if I try to log in through my usual viewer, Singularity, I can't get in, yet can get in through firestorm.  Once in, I talked to others in the Singularity group that were in through Singularity with no problem. Logged out of FS and tried Singularity again... no go. 

And Firestorm is the viewer that I keep trying, but can't manage to get in again.

Just now, Fionalein said:

it is sunday, next wek is halloween I bet a lot empolyees are off to visit family.

Pretty much nobody in the US takes time off work for Halloween.

• Sad 1

Have we had the irate people demanding refunds for teir yet? Isn't a real outage until they appear!

"I pay a lot of <redacted> money to the <redacted> lab for teir and <redacted> they <redacted> <redacted> <redacted> and <redacted> us too. I want a free month of a full region*, and a pony, as compensation"

* They actually have a 512M2 parcel.

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

So they are still working at it I think one of those infos all 6 hours is enough to asure us the Lab has not burned down yet :D ... I might have tried Sansar now - but someone at the Lab decided it needed no Linux software. :P

Edited by Fionalein

Just now, Fionalein said:

So they are still working at it I think one of those infos all 6 hoursis enough to asure us the Lab has not burned down yet :D ... I might have tried Sansar now - but someone at the Lab decided it needed no Linux software. :P

Wash your mouth out young lady!

• Haha 4

Just now, Bastet Batra said:

Got booted last night, and haven't been able to log back in... What the hell???

Yep - the system has been having issues for about 10 hours or so now.  You can amuse yourself reading all the various threads about it here.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

And Firestorm is the viewer that I keep trying, but can't manage to get in again.

Pretty much nobody in the US takes time off work for Halloween.

Not sure if I was able to get in through FS because I did a clean install since I had deleted it long ago but going to uninstall and reinstall Singularity and see if that works 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1972 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.