Windows 10 updates (or something) stopping SL from running correctly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2005 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am at my wit's end. I have two computers. Maybe a couple weeks ago the newer one updated,  and SL stopped operating correctly. Here is what it does. It does one of two things. Either that line gets to the "loading world" place and just stops or it gets all the way online and then SL freezes. I have an old antivirus program that is one suspect, McAfee. I have tried uninstalling it twice only to have it reincarnate on my comp. I have tried tinkering with Windows Defender firewall settings and they usually just reset themselves. I suspect a firewall problem but have yet to prove it. Right now it is doing it alts but not my main. It has done it with my main before too. I can do system restore but it takes a long time (5-6 hours) and Windows brings the updates again, and then it screws up again. It is some kind of settings problem but I don't know what.  There is no way to shut off automatic updates. 

I'm guessing you have an Intel integrated graphics card - a HD 620 or HD 630 maybe?  The problem appears to be specific to those drivers and Windows 10.  You can search the forums for Intel 630 to get more info.  Here is one such thread -- read the last page of posts:

• Like 1

From the login screen, go to the top menu bar, Help -> About Second Life (about viewer name on a TPV).
Click the "Copy to clipboard" button & paste all your system information here from all your affected systems.

Keep an eye on BUG-225655 - Viewer freezes while "Loading world..." - Intel HD 620 / Intel HD 630, Windows 10

Just now, artifactsofmars Omegaman said:

Thanks both of you so much. It does appear that is a video card issue as it does not seem to match SL minimum requirements. Kudos to both of you. 

You should be able to run SL just fine with the Intel HD 630 graphics.
This problem is new & as far as we can tell so far started with a recent Windows 10 update.

My laptop has Intel HD 630 graphics & I can still login & play SL just fine on that system.
Not everyone with Intel HD 620/630 graphics is affected by this problem.  Unfortunately noone knows why certain systems are affected yet.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2005 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.