Paid 7 times for being Premium, got nothing.

DrAsriel96

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, I wanted to say that i paid 7 times for being premium (1 quarter and 6 one month) and since passed 2 days (meaning for the one month, paid again for quarted today but still nothing), I don't know what to do anymore, I also sent a support ticket to second life staff, got closed by them, i also tried to call them, didn't answer and plus i sent an email to support@secondlife.com and no answer, can someone help me please?

22 answers to this question

41 minutes ago, DrAsriel96 said:

Hello, I wanted to say that i paid 7 times for being premium (1 quarter and 6 one month) and since passed 2 days (meaning for the one month, paid again for quarted today but still nothing), I don't know what to do anymore, I also sent a support ticket to second life staff, got closed by them, i also tried to call them, didn't answer and plus i sent an email to support@secondlife.com and no answer, can someone help me please?

Are you talking about the stipend payments?  You should have got 300L$  every week on a Tuesday following first going premium. Then 1000L$  after 45 CONSECUTIVE days of premium membership.  Check your transaction history and see if you have had any payments from LL  secondlife.com - Account -  L$ Transaction History.   There should be weekly payments of 300L$.  Then work out the date that is 45 days from when you signed up for premium.  This is when you should expect your 1000 L$ bonus

• Like 3

I wasn't talking about the stipends, I'm sorry if I wrote bad, anyways, I was talking about upgrading my basic account to a Premium, I tired 7 attempts for being premium, i paid 6 times for one month of premium, then 1 time for the quarter, when I go to choose the home and I click next after choosing one, the web says I need premium

9 minutes ago, DrAsriel96 said:

I wasn't talking about the stipends, I'm sorry if I wrote bad, anyways, I was talking about upgrading my basic account to a Premium, I tired 7 attempts for being premium, i paid 6 times for one month of premium, then 1 time for the quarter, when I go to choose the home and I click next after choosing one, the web says I need premium

Was the money taken from your account?  That sounds to me for some reason the payment has failed.  Try setting up your payment method again.  If that doesn't work you will have to call one of the billing phone numbers  (my second link below)

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131009-contact-support

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

Was the money taken from your account?  That sounds to me for some reason the payment has failed.  Try setting up your payment method again.  If that doesn't work you will have to call one of the billing phone numbers  (my second link below)

https://lindenlab.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/31000131009-contact-support

Well yes, my money got taken from my debit card, so i wonder why they got my money but didn't get me Premium

6 minutes ago, DrAsriel96 said:

Well yes, my money got taken from my debit card, so i wonder why they got my money but didn't get me Premium

If the money was taken  you should have all your information to hand  including dates and amounts and call one of the billing support numbers I linked above.  

5 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

If the money was taken  you should have all your information to hand  including dates and amounts and call one of the billing support numbers I linked above.  

The trouble is, I tried to call the number of the support, it says that doesn't exist, think that I'm from Italy so it's a tiny trouble, anyways I have the informations and stuff about the money taken from me, plus I paid with paypal, so should work but didn't

6 minutes ago, DrAsriel96 said:

The trouble is, I tried to call the number of the support, it says that doesn't exist, think that I'm from Italy so it's a tiny trouble, anyways I have the informations and stuff about the money taken from me, plus I paid with paypal, so should work but didn't

Did you have money in your paypal balance?  You have to credit your paypal account with funds first in most cases before trying to pay LL and tell paypal that you approve payments to Linden Lab

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DrAsriel96 said:

Well yes, my money got taken from my debit card,

18 minutes ago, DrAsriel96 said:

I paid with paypal, so should work but didn't

It sounds like things maybe getting a little confusing here.  I suspect the problem is with your payment method, whatever it is.   In order to use a credit card or PayPal account to pay for things in SL , it must be registered with Linden Lab.  Debit cards are not acceptable.  If you try to pay with a non-registered method, the system should simply reject the payment.  Before you try to pay for a Premium upgrade, then, be sure to follow all instructions at 

If you think that you have done that, then it's time to call the Linden Lab billing office at the phone number that Cindy provided above.  They will be open on Monday morning (it's Saturday now).

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

It sounds like things maybe getting a little confusing here.  I suspect the problem is with your payment method, whatever it is.   In order to use a credit card or PayPal account to pay for things in SL , it must be registered with Linden Lab.  Debit cards are not acceptable.  If you try to pay with a non-registered method, the system should simply reject the payment.  Before you try to pay for a Premium upgrade, then, be sure to follow all instructions at 

If you think that you have done that, then it's time to call the Linden Lab billing office at the phone number that Cindy provided above.  They will be open on Monday morning (it's Saturday now).

Well, I paid with paypal with debit card inside PayPal, the payment of all 7 attempts went fine and they picked my money from my debit through PayPal, I'll leave you an email got from PayPal while paying.

It says "Dear Boh Che so, you sent a payment of 22,50$ to Linden Research, Inc."Screenshot_20181027-163848_Gmail.thumb.jpg.681ee21b6f6c61bfd5f7b2a26fe326e7.jpg

5 minutes ago, DrAsriel96 said:

Well, I paid with paypal with debit card inside PayPal, the payment of all 7 attempts went fine and they picked my money from my debit through PayPal, I'll leave you an email got from PayPal while paying.

It says "Dear Boh Che so, you sent a payment of 22,50$ to Linden Research, Inc."Screenshot_20181027-163848_Gmail.thumb.jpg.681ee21b6f6c61bfd5f7b2a26fe326e7.jpg

Ok so that looks like you have paid for 3 months premium.  So now the problem is when you try to get a linden home it says you aren't premium?

3 minutes ago, DrAsriel96 said:

Here it is a screen, nope, it doesn't says it

Ok if you can't get through on the phone numbers, I suggest you open your support ticket again, include that picture you shared from paypal with the receipt of purchase and ask them what is going on.  As it is the weekend, you might not hear a reply until Monday.  Give them as much clear information as possible.  

Edited by Cindy Evanier
typo

OK, you're going to have to deal with both LL Billing and with PayPal to get this straightened out.  Linden Lab's records say you haven't paid.  PayPal says you did.

Here is what I would do.

1. Contact PayPal and confirm the transaction completed and the money was paid.  If it was, open a dispute about the payment.
  2. This should all be resolved (eventually) by the transaction being canceled and the money restored to your PayPal account.
  3. Now, you will STILL not be Premium at this point, but you will have all your money.  So, next...
  4. TRANSFER some money from your debit card to your PayPal balance.  The original problem occurred because LL went to PayPal for money, PayPal went to your bank account or debit card to get some, and LL's system, which requires instant payment, got tired of waiting and decided the transaction had failed.  If you keep money actually in your PayPal account, you will not have this problem.
  5. Once you have money in your PayPal account, sign up for Premium again.

Next time, when something does not work as expected, don't try the same thing another six times!

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

When you submit that support case, tell them that you have Payment Information On File and the it has been used, so that is not the problem.  I just checked, and both of those statements is true.  The problem is with registering you as a Premium member.  The only explanation I can imagine now is that the system may believe that you are under the age of 18.  If that's true, then I believe it will not let you register as Premium because that will give you Moderate and Adult access.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rolig Loon said:

The only explanation I can imagine now is that the system may believe that you are under the age of 18.  If that's true, then I believe it will not let you register as Premium because that will give you Moderate and Adult access.

I did not know this -- adding it to my "SL Support Notes"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I do not know it either, but it's the only explanation I can come up with -- other than the system screwed up.  That why I hedged by saying "I believe it will not let you register... ".  ?

Okay - I'll add it to my notes with a 'possibility, but not fully know' caveat.

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

OK, you're going to have to deal with both LL Billing and with PayPal to get this straightened out.  Linden Lab's records say you haven't paid.  PayPal says you did.

Here is what I would do.

1. Contact PayPal and confirm the transaction completed and the money was paid.  If it was, open a dispute about the payment.
  2. This should all be resolved (eventually) by the transaction being canceled and the money restored to your PayPal account.
  3. Now, you will STILL not be Premium at this point, but you will have all your money.  So, next...
  4. TRANSFER some money from your debit card to your PayPal balance.  The original problem occurred because LL went to PayPal for money, PayPal went to your bank account or debit card to get some, and LL's system, which requires instant payment, got tired of waiting and decided the transaction had failed.  If you keep money actually in your PayPal account, you will not have this problem.
  5. Once you have money in your PayPal account, sign up for Premium again.

Next time, when something does not work as expected, don't try the same thing another six times!

I charged my PayPal with some money for paying the premium, after I'm going to upgrade my account, paypal says that I need to add a card to doing the operation, thing is that i have money in the count of PayPal, what can I do? Also yes I'm 18 years old so it's not a trouble with it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1979 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.