Jump to content
GuyJee

Have you ever been ghosted by someone?

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, StrykerHawk said:

I have if the relationship has gotten boring or no sex play

Or how about you man up and just tell the person you're with that you're not happy with the relationship and want to move on? 🙄

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PandoriaMoonshadow said:

Or how about you man up and just tell the person you're with that you're not happy with the relationship and want to move on? 🙄

Most times i have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep.  Happened recently.  I just see it as an insecurity in the person to man or woman up.  Be honest.  I guess this shows a huge bullet avoided from someone who can't act like an adult.  Yes, we have feelings, but.... better to just be honest....  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It happened to me 10 years ago when a friend suddenly disappeared. She complained of having flu symptoms and I was afraid she contracted the Bird Flu and had died. There were no response to my IMs or emails. Several months later she reappears and told me she had cancer and underwent aggressive chemotherapy. She claimed she didn't want to have me worry about her condition. Um, well, not knowing anything at all is worse! She left SL shortly after that to concentrate on RL. Can't blame her for that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been nor ever have ghosted someone (at least not that I can remember). On the other hand, I kind of wish several relationships ("friends" or otherwise) would have just ghosted me! Even with the pain of not knowing why I was ghosted, it would have been much easier if they had just disappeared.

Edited by Seicher Rae

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose I have ghosted people and been ghosted.

"Back in my day" we just called that drifting apart with no need to stand on a podium and make a speech about it.

 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a 6 year SL relationship talked on voice every day and he just disappeared , had emailed me every night to say goodnight then nothing. 
Am very wary now .

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont know if Ive been ghosted because I believe in thrifting away from people and that I shouldnt get attatched in a way that Id care too much if they dissappeared. Id maybe say "such a shame" but move on. Thats just me, not meaning to throw shade at anyone who acts or believes differently.

I however had to intentionally ghost someone by unfriending them the other day. It was a person who leeched all my freedom from me and made me feel responsible for their feelings, which btw got hurt from the slightest rejection of not obliging to their wishes. I would had not been able to talk about it to them without a huge back slash, so I unfriended them after being away for a long time and hope they dont notice me dissappeared from their friendlist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was ghosted recently but I have no idea why.  These days I can't be bothered trying to find out why people do this so I cut all the ties I could and just got on with life.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I was ghosted recently but I have no idea why.  These days I can't be bothered trying to find out why people do this so I cut all the ties I could and just got on with life.

I actually can relate. The one time I would actually class as ghosting as they call it happened with two people I worked with and actually was stupid enough to have thought were my friends. I was part of a tribute band called Thunder Rock Concerts that is ran by a married couple on here. I mean I hung out with these people and we played concerts all the time together and even did favors for each other. The person I was in a relationship with on here at the time introduced me to them and honestly she was jealous because it took her weeks if not months to get hired on with them and I had them at hello and was hired on the spot. lol :D

Well when the relationship went bad I had a lot of issues to the point I blocked her and asked them not to schedule me to work with her any more. They continued to schedule us and even after that she went so far as to go to them claiming that I was harassing her during the concert. I told them out right I had her blocked and don't know what she was on about and I have personally asked several times please do not schedule me with her on gigs anymore. At one point I had to become extremely insistent on this and would out right refuse and would have another band member swap places with me on events if I got scheduled with her.

At one point things seem to tone down and it didn't seem like there would be any issues concerning that anymore. One day out of the blue I logged in to find myself kicked from all the band groups and unfriended by both of the owners and when I went to IM and ask why I was kicked from the band I found that I was blocked and muted by both my so called friends. So I extended them the exact same courtesy and never once looked back.

Not gonna lie I was deeply hurt because I respected them both tremendously. Now I no longer do after having been treated so coldly by them. I realized I was nothing to them and to be perfectly honest I can forgive them. Just that being said if we were in a desert and they were thirsty and I had the only water then I would probably look at them and say I hope you like pee pee. lol Is that pee pee to your liking? Do ya want more? Because you look a little thirsty there. Lmao!!!!😎

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's good to reach that point of detachment @Velk Kerang.  Betrayal is horrible, and the hurt goes deep when you've invested a lot of yourself in a friendship or relationship.  It's been a while since I gave that much of myself or even spent that much time with anyone so it's annoyance not pain just now.  If that means I've grown harder, well, it's survival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/11/2019 at 11:35 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

I suppose I have ghosted people and been ghosted.

"Back in my day" we just called that drifting apart with no need to stand on a podium and make a speech about it.

 

Ghosting is better used for a sudden (and unexplained) ending of communication. If you both drift apart, you drift apart. But if someone turns around and refuses to have anything to do with you without explanation after a period of friendship, dating or a relationship, then that's ghosting. Like you're friends one day and blocked the next, without any argument or falling out, or one person in a relationship just stops logging in without any explanation. It's the sharpness of the ending, relative to the dynamics of the friendship/relationship.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 11:25 PM, Seicher Rae said:

I've never been nor ever have ghosted someone (at least not that I can remember).

Susannah Clary' s memory does not serve her well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Velk Kerang said:

Lorem Ipsum,

I actually can relate. The one time I would actually class as ghosting as they call it happened with two people I worked with and actually was stupid enough to have thought were my friends. I was part of a tribute band called Thunder Rock Concerts that is ran by a married couple on here. I mean I hung out with these people and we played concerts all the time together and even did favors for each other. The person I was in a relationship with on here at the time introduced me to them and honestly she was jealous because it took her weeks if not months to get hired on with them and I had them at hello and was hired on the spot. lol :D

Well when the relationship went bad I had a lot of issues to the point I blocked her and asked them not to schedule me to work with her any more. They continued to schedule us and even after that she went so far as to go to them claiming that I was harassing her during the concert. I told them out right I had her blocked and don't know what she was on about and I have personally asked several times please do not schedule me with her on gigs anymore. At one point I had to become extremely insistent on this and would out right refuse and would have another band member swap places with me on events if I got scheduled with her.

At one point things seem to tone down and it didn't seem like there would be any issues concerning that anymore. One day out of the blue I logged in to find myself kicked from all the band groups and unfriended by both of the owners and when I went to IM and ask why I was kicked from the band I found that I was blocked and muted by both my so called friends. So I extended them the exact same courtesy and never once looked back.

Not gonna lie I was deeply hurt because I respected them both tremendously. Now I no longer do after having been treated so coldly by them. I realized I was nothing to them and to be perfectly honest I can forgive them. Just that being said if we were in a desert and they were thirsty and I had the only water then I would probably look at them and say I hope you like pee pee. lol Is that pee pee to your liking? Do ya want more? Because you look a little thirsty there. Lmao!!!!😎

@Velk Kerang Anyone telling you that you had them at "Lmao!!!!8)" is lying to you.

Edited by TDD123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

It's good to reach that point of detachment @Velk Kerang.  Betrayal is horrible, and the hurt goes deep when you've invested a lot of yourself in a friendship or relationship.  It's been a while since I gave that much of myself or even spent that much time with anyone so it's annoyance not pain just now.  If that means I've grown harder, well, it's survival.

That's why I am selective on who I spend a lot of time with or allow to get close to me anymore. I mean I am easy to make friends with, but hard to get close to. Very few people actually know the real me. Most only get to see what I let them see. I usually expect the worst so I am not disappointed, but hope for the best because I'd like to see the best come out in people. I won't say I have exactly the right attitude about it, but at the end of the day people do what they want to do. The only real choice we have is how we let if effect us. ;)

 

9 hours ago, TDD123 said:

@Velk Kerang Anyone telling you that you had them at "Lmao!!!!8)" is lying to you.

They didn't say that. I phrased it that way. When you get a job and your told your hired before your even really get started let alone done selling yourself during the interview process then you pretty much impressed your employer and that my friend is what I call having them at hello. Lmao!!!!😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Velk Kerang said:

Th..

You lost me.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Velk Kerang said:

No doubt, but it's all good. ;)

Good sport .. ;)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Good sport .. ;)

Thanks mate. You too. You got me. I gotta give it to ya. I walked right in to that. Lmao!!!! ;)

funnyguy.png.92ebb543855f72ca311ad6fed7b78090.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TDD123 said:

Susannah Clary' s memory does not serve her well.

Poor Susannah, whoever she may be, 'cause I ain't gotta clue about her. I assume that for some random reason I'm being trolled. Yay. 👻 O.o

I even Googled, because I thought it might be like the Karen meme, but no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

I assume that for some random reason I'm being trolled. Yay. 👻 O.o

I even Googled, because I thought it might be like the Karen meme, but no.

I apologise. These torchlit dungeons are creeping me out and apparently I am mistaking a main for an alt. This bag dangling belted on my hip, carrying a decapitated snake ridden head, adds to my paranoia. Maybe it's the thread's title. IDK.

Think nothing of it. I'll inform my old friend of Bear Dream Lodge info hub I was blatantly wrong. 

Now where's that exit? I hear spirit dragons hiss and they are close. 

/me stumbles through the dark following the red thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TDD123 said:

I apologise. These torchlit dungeons are creeping me out and apparently I am mistaking a main for an alt. This bag dangling belted on my hip, carrying a decapitated snake ridden head, adds to my paranoia. Maybe it's the thread's title. IDK.

Think nothing of it. I'll inform my old friend of Bear Dream Lodge info hub I was blatantly wrong. 

Now where's that exit? I hear spirit dragons hiss and they are close. 

/me stumbles through the dark following the red thread. 

More stuff I *really* don't understand. That's ok. No worries. I get that a lot.

Now, if this is somehow for real, I will add: When I said I don't remember ghosting anyone or being ghosted, I meant it. And I meant *I*, my "main" or any alt or my RL self. Could I have? Sure. Could someone have ghosted me? Sure. Hence the "I don't remember" as opposed to "I never have." I don't know who TDD123 is. Does TDD123 know what "ghosting" means? I don't know. If this is someone from the past with a lingering hurt, then I can be contacted privately inworld. If this is someone who just wants to stir up old public s**t shows, because it is "fun" then sorry, not sorry, not interested.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

 Does TDD123 know what "ghosting" means? I don't know. If this is someone from the past with a lingering hurt, then I can be contacted privately inworld. If this is someone who just wants to stir up old public s**t shows, because it is "fun" then sorry, not sorry, not interested.

Ooh .. exit .. finally.

/me leaves the thread and gets out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

Ooh .. exit .. finally.

/me leaves the thread and gets out.

I mean this in all sincerity and seriousness. Why won't you respond to anyone with a clear response instead of... whatever that is that you're doing?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...