You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

25 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Does not matter.. We are expressly forbidden to use anyone elses account as per the ToS. No one can share an account. This isn't Facebook. 

"Should you give another person access to your account, you do so at your own risk; that is, if you permit someone to access your account, you are responsible for what that individual does while using your account"  took from http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Permitting_Others_to_Access_or_Transferring_Second_Life_Accounts anyway I had a problem and he helped me, I don't use his account for anything else cause I have my account. 

18 minutes ago, Saixina Aura said:

"Should you give another person access to your account, you do so at your own risk; that is, if you permit someone to access your account, you are responsible for what that individual does while using your account"  took from http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:Permitting_Others_to_Access_or_Transferring_Second_Life_Accounts anyway I had a problem and he helped me, I don't use his account for anything else cause I have my account. 

Try the actual  ToS...

11.2 You may not assign this Agreement or your Account; we may assign this Agreement.

You may not assign this Agreement or your Account without the prior written consent of Linden Lab. You may not transfer or sublicense any licenses granted by Linden Lab in this Agreement without the prior, written consent of Linden Lab, except solely to the extent this Agreement or an applicable Product Policy permits transfer of any applicable Virtual Tender licenses. Linden Lab may assign this Agreement, in whole or in part, and all related rights, licenses, benefits and obligations, without restriction, including the right to sublicense any rights and licenses under this Agreement.

That's legal speak for , you can't let anyone else use your account.

Or, the first part of the page you referenced... The part you left out.. 

Section 4.1

You may not sell, transfer or assign your Account or its contractual rights, licenses and obligations, to any third party (including, for the avoidance of doubt, permitting another individual to access your Account) without the prior written consent of Linden Lab.

That says the same thing.. You can't let others use your account without written consent of LL. 

You forgot your password... Big whoop, super easy fix to that. Instead of clicking the "forgot password button" and fixing it, you decided to use your partners account? Where is the logic there? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Try the actual  ToS...

Why do we gotta stink up the thread with paragraphs from a ToS? Report the post and move on, let LL handle it as they should, not you.

But also, letting someone log into your account is not "selling, transferring  or assigning your Account or its contractual rights, licenses and obligations." Those rights, licenses, and obligations still belong to you while someone else is on your account and you will take full responsibility for the actions that other person commits through your account, that is why you're warned about doing it at your own risk.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.