You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

6 hours ago, Gadget Portal said:

Furries don't need special sub categories or master categories for clothes or accessories. You simply specify in the listing that it's for furries or a specific brand, just like creators already do for the various mesh bodies.

Add new ones or remova old ones, I don't care. I think most of us agree that this current situation doesn't work.

My concern isn't with numbers but clarity.

6 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Hell, it wasn't that long ago where we had a thread here in the forums debating exactly what was a furry.  Is a Neco a furry?   What about a human looking avi with mouse ears and tail?  Do they have to have animal legs and/or arms?  What if I put on a Playboy Bunny suit? 

See, these are the questions, and many more, that will arise if someone has to try and figure out if something is for a Furry or Non-Furry avatar.

Humanoid body with nonhuman skin with bodyparts of a real animal definitely qualifies it as a furry avatar. Animal aspects that are added by a suit (not part of your  body) do not count because they are not bodyparts. You can't really define a furry in a sentence and from there lines get blurrier. I understand your point.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator

A random person sees light in the sky 

Somehow concludes it must be extraterrestrials

A random item gets flagged by someone

Seller somehow concludes it is linden employee flagging it 

I know you are thinking you are somehow oppressed because you are a furry but the fact is you may need to read listing practice and policy first.

Out of all the platforms I came across, Linden Lab is about as open minded as one can expect. 

Edited by iamyourneighbour
  • Like 4

On 10/29/2018 at 8:18 PM, Drake1 Nightfire said:

You mean that little square that says "Formerly PJ"? Right, because that explains so much. Just so you know Pixel Junk still has a MP store, none of the items in it are for furries, so why the connection? Also THAT IS KEYWORD SPAM!!! It has NOTHING to do with the item in question. 

No, they aren't. If an item is a tube sock, that is an appropriate keyword. Leggings are different. You can say i have no idea what I'm talking about but there have been hundreds of threads about this over the years and LL has said point blank what is and isn't spam. You store name does not belong in the keywords as it states in the listing guidelines. I posted the link, try reading it. No having your store name in keywords skews searches. If you store name is Susies gestures and i am searching for a specif gesture, guess what, you whole freaking store will show up if you use it as a keyword.. 

Tube socks aren't leggings.. 

tube socks.png

leggings.jpg

Ever think it's possible more than one store with the same name exists? Of course the one that exists still doesn't have anything furry related in it, because it's by a different person. lol The PJ that did exist in relation to the creator in question is -gone- and yes, that little box explains it perfectly. That's why its there. To let people know she changed brands. Nobody should have to hold your hand to understand these things.

I'm entirely aware that tube socks aren't leggings and leggings aren't pants, but how many people do you think will know that distinction and will search for the absolute proper thing every single time? I very much doubt people will do that. They'll search what first comes into their mind, and if they're thinking about tube socks but the word leggings comes to mind, they will search that, and someone that uses leggings in their keywords might get that sale. So you can go and be -ultra exact- if you'd like, but it's related enough. It's not wildly different. It's very related and easily mistaken, so I would think it counts as a legitimate keyword. 

Bleh. Either way, this is a pointless discussion to go back and forth on because neither of us will likely change our opinions, and I have stuff to make. 

Edited by Nama Gearz
Expanding on a point

1 hour ago, Nama Gearz said:

Ever think it's possible more than one store with the same name exists? Of course the one that exists still doesn't have anything furry related in it, because it's by a different person. lol The PJ that did exist in relation to the creator in question is -gone- and yes, that little box explains it perfectly. That's why its there. To let people know she changed brands. Nobody should have to hold your hand to understand these things.

I'm entirely aware that tube socks aren't leggings and leggings aren't pants, but how many people do you think will know that distinction and will search for the absolute proper thing every single time? I very much doubt people will do that. They'll search what first comes into their mind, and if they're thinking about tube socks but the word leggings comes to mind, they will search that, and someone that uses leggings in their keywords might get that sale. So you can go and be -ultra exact- if you'd like, but it's related enough. It's not wildly different. It's very related and easily mistaken, so I would think it counts as a legitimate keyword. 

Bleh. Either way, this is a pointless discussion to go back and forth on because neither of us will likely change our opinions, and I have stuff to make. 

So, you admit the old store has nothing to do with the new one.. WHY IS IT RELEVANT IN THE KEYWORDS THEN!!!!

Still doesn't matter. And people who actually want leggings get flooded with tube socks.. Thats why it matters.

Words that have nothing to do with an item do not belong in the keyword section. Thats not my "opinion" that is the rules from LL. Take it up with them. 

9 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

We’ve added three new Categories to Marketplace:

• Gachas
  • Anthropomorphic
  • Animated Objects

Lovely - new categories where none whatsoever was actually needed.

Now, when are they adding in dedicated categories for all the rest of the Fantasy types?

3 hours ago, Solar Legion said:

Lovely - new categories where none whatsoever was actually needed.

Now, when are they adding in dedicated categories for all the rest of the Fantasy types?

Bup bup bup.. Gachas is a very needed category. Perhaps this will be the start fo sorting things out. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

"Used Items" would have been the proper place.

While I agree with this, it wasn't happening.  At least this way its plain and simple.  When someone complains their item is flagged and they don't know why ... well there you go no complaints.. it says GACHA 

2 minutes ago, Cindy Evanier said:

While I agree with this, it wasn't happening.  At least this way its plain and simple.  When someone complains their item is flagged and they don't know why ... well there you go no complaints.. it says GACHA 

And Linden Lab could have made it happen, alongside the user base. See a Gacha that isn't in Used Items? Flag it. A Marketplace Linden looks at the Flag/Report, sees it is a Gacha, improperly filed ..... and delists it.

They're already going through and delisting old items that haven't sold in some time.

Meh, whatever. It's already been done.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

We’ve added three new Categories to Marketplace:

• Gachas
  • Anthropomorphic
  • Animated Objects

This is a lovely step in the right direction!

However I do have a minor concern, which has already been mentioned here.

What about feral stuff? Most of my store is mods for feral avatars such as TWI, BRDMRT, etc. Anthropomorphic usually means non-feral animals. Where should all the feral stuff go?

I am happy about them actually taking the issue in question seriously though. Now, it's just a matter of spreading the word of its existence.

Though, now I'm suddenly wondering... What will become of the Furry Accessories category? Anthropomorphic has sub categories that seem to cover everything Furry Accessories was apparently supposed to be used for!

Anywho, once again. I'm pleased that this has gotten some attention and consideration. Who knows what this will hold for the future and growth of SL!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, I listed some of my skin mods under "Anthropomorphic > Avatar Components > Anthropomorphic Skins" but they flagged ALL the mods (10 items) "The item has been unlisted due to Item Not As Advertised - Incorrect Listing Category The suggested category is Anthropomorphic > Avatar Components > Cosmetic Enhancements" but these are not cosmetic! What should I do?

50 minutes ago, MidoriLovesDaddy said:

Hello everyone, I listed some of my skin mods under "Anthropomorphic > Avatar Components > Anthropomorphic Skins" but they flagged ALL the mods (10 items) "The item has been unlisted due to Item Not As Advertised - Incorrect Listing Category The suggested category is Anthropomorphic > Avatar Components > Cosmetic Enhancements" but these are not cosmetic! What should I do?

What you should do, is list them under that suggested category I guess. Or you might be able to appeal the decision with a support ticket.

What kind of skin mods though? Are they head-only or something that adds to a skin (like materials, or tattoo-like add-on layers)? Or were they full-body, standalone skins? (The kind that are just a complete skin and nothing else.) The person reviewing your product can make mistakes, so making your product name/images/description as clear as possible is very important.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Not something that you should admit to.

We are in the same house lol (he gave me permission to use his pc and I forgot that I was logged in on my phone D:) 

Anyway! I relisted my items, it should be fine now. 

Edited by Saixina Aura

25 minutes ago, Ethan Paslong said:

thought you lost your PW ?

I don't know why but I couldn't login here with my password but marketplace and sl let me log in. Then I found I was logged in with my phone but still I can't log in the forum from my pc. 

Edit: I changed my password some weeks ago, maybe it just didn't changed for the site? Cause probably I logged in from the phone before I changed the password and it saved for automatic login (as I have for second life and marketplace site too) but I never logged the forum from my pc so I don't know what's the problem :S

Edited by Saixina Aura

56 minutes ago, Saixina Aura said:

I don't know why but I couldn't login here with my password but marketplace and sl let me log in. Then I found I was logged in with my phone but still I can't log in the forum from my pc. 

Edit: I changed my password some weeks ago, maybe it just didn't changed for the site? Cause probably I logged in from the phone before I changed the password and it saved for automatic login (as I have for second life and marketplace site too) but I never logged the forum from my pc so I don't know what's the problem :S

This looks strange - file a support case. AFAIK everything should rely on the same loginserver, so if it won't work after 24 hours (enough time for any secondary login servers to sync to the main one) something's borked.

Edited by Fionalein

10 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

This looks strange - file a support case. AFAIK everything should rely on the same loginserver, so if it won't work after 24 hours (enough time for any secondary login servers to sync to the main one) something's borked.

I tried my actual password and it doesn't work for the forum, I don't know why. I'll try with the support anyway. 

3 hours ago, Saixina Aura said:

We are in the same house lol (he gave me permission to use his pc and I forgot that I was logged in on my phone D:) 

Anyway! I relisted my items, it should be fine now. 

Does not matter.. We are expressly forbidden to use anyone elses account as per the ToS. No one can share an account. This isn't Facebook. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.