Something a bit more fun

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 10/26/2018 at 10:24 AM, chibiusa Ling said:

1. If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?

2. What are some things that sound like compliments but are actually insults?

3. What’s something your brain tries to make you do and you have to will yourself not to do it?

1. Is there intelligent life out there in other solar systems in our galaxy? Is any of it able to live in harmony?

2. You're the best female driver here.

3. My brain has recently been trying to make me buy a sim. But I still can't justify the expense.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

1. Is there intelligent life out there in other solar systems in our galaxy? Is any of it able to live in harmony?

Yay! Back on Page 1 I answered #1 with "Does an intelligent life form exist somewhere other than Earth? As an idea of what I mean by intelligent: a species we could communicate with, or vice versa (note this includes more than one species here on Earth)." So we both had similar questions. I somehow stumbled across science fiction at the library when I was about eleven; that stuff sticks with you. Look up in the sky and wonder if the Mule's ships are on the way....

What's your excuse? :-)

Edited by Dillon Levenque
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

2. You're the best female driver here. HAHAHAHAHA

3. My brain has recently been trying to make me buy a sim. But I still can't justify the expense. Omg me too!

On 10/28/2018 at 11:13 PM, Ceka Cianci said:

I just think there is too much time spent on being worried about dying or trying to squeak out a couple extra years.. I'm not scared of dying,that's something that's coming no matter what and it's more than likely never going to be at a convenient time for those that I leave behind..I worry much more for the people I leave behind.

I wouldn't want it to be something where we automatically knew,but something that if we wanted,we could find out and know..

Knowing when,I could then make it more of a convenient time for them and myself..

I imagine how much less time would be wasted in the world on silly things,if everyone knew how much time they had left..

The only surprise I would want to keep is how..

If someone had say,80 years to go,would they want to risk spending it in prison or maybe in some other way..

There is a pretty interesting movie that got me to thinking about it a few years back..I mean I always think about wasted time,but it really got me to thinking more on it..

It was about time being a currency..

It got me to thinking,how much time and money do I really waste on trying to avoid that final unavoidable moment vs spending it on other things.. How much time have I wasted already in the past on other silly things,like arguing about things that really I have no dog in the fight? How many first world problems do I let eat up my time and so on..

The answer was for me,way too much..My list grew pretty long pretty fast..Things just kept popping into my head to where I had to stop myself..hehehe

The movie wasn't the greatest but the idea for it got me thinking about Time really hard..What if it really was a clock we could see and count down...hehehe

Knowing when I'll die would definitely change a lot of things... like what I'd worry about and choices I'd make. Like, I wouldn't have kids if I knew I wouldn't live long enough to take care of them.. and more seriously, if I knew I was going to die in a few months time, I would eat all the damn chocolate I want!

• Like 1

1. If you could know the absolute and total truth to one question, what question would you ask?

If there is a heaven, how exactly do I get in?... (I'm actually trying to squeeze two questions into one... If I get an answer to this question... it would mean that yes, heaven exists ?)

2. What are some things that sound like compliments but are actually insults?

You're smarter than you look

3. What’s something your brain tries to make you do and you have to will yourself not to do it?

Scratch a mosquito bite... apparently you're not meant to scratch it ?

Edited by Hollie Leavitt
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Yay! Back on Page 1 I answered #1 with "Does an intelligent life form exist somewhere other than Earth? As an idea of what I mean by intelligent: a species we could communicate with, or vice versa (note this includes more than one species here on Earth)." So we both had similar questions. I somehow stumbled across science fiction at the library when I was about eleven; that stuff sticks with you. Look up in the sky and wonder if the Mule's ships are on the way....

What's your excuse? :-)

I had to do a little bit of research, after which I can tell you, regrettably, I've never read any of the Foundation series.

When I was the same age you were when you picked up those books and opened your mind, my dad took us all out to the cinema to see Star Wars. At that time in my young life, it was the longest line I had ever stood in. I remember looking around at all the people, lined up from the ticket booth and past the bank and around the corner. I really had no idea what the big deal was. I was just idly noticing other things and thinking to myself "Hey this is the bank I opened that savings account in. I wonder how much there is now?" "And over there is the dentist with the nice lady, Joyce, who tries to paint our teeth purple." Shortly thereafter, I had stopped thinking about the bank, and Joyce.

Just a few short days later, we were back at that cinema, in line again. He took us all with him to see the movie again, for his own part just so he could see the hyperspace effect again. Maybe Carrie Fisher had something to do with it as well.

That movie made a big impact on me and got me curious about a lot of things. Then I watched Cosmos when it started airing, and The Martian Chronicles, with my mom, in the evenings before dad got home from school. She and I would also watch Monte Python and SNL together (my sister wasn't old enough yet).

Somewhere during that time, my mother also began subscribing to OMNI magazine, which I loved reading, cover to cover. I  look back now and wonder if she subscribed for herself or for me. I'll have to ask her.

So yeah, you could say there were some influences.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ivanova Shostakovich said:

I had to do a little bit of research, after which I can tell you, regrettably, I've never read any of the Foundation series.

When I was the same age you were when you picked up those books and opened your mind, my dad took us all out to the cinema to see Star Wars. At that time in my young life, it was the longest line I had ever stood in. I remember looking around at all the people, lined up from the ticket booth and past the bank and around the corner. I really had no idea what the big deal was. I was just idly noticing other things and thinking to myself "Hey this is the bank I opened that savings account in. I wonder how much there is now?" "And over there is the dentist with the nice lady, Joyce, who tries to paint our teeth purple." Shortly thereafter, I had stopped thinking about the bank, and Joyce.

Just a few short days later, we were back at that cinema, in line again. He took us all with him to see the movie again, for his own part just so he could see the hyperspace effect again. Maybe Carrie Fisher had something to do with it as well.

That movie made a big impact on me and got me curious about a lot of things. Then I watched Cosmos when it started airing, and The Martian Chronicles, with my mom, in the evenings before dad got home from school. She and I would also watch Monte Python and SNL together (my sister wasn't old enough yet).

Somewhere during that time, my mother also began subscribing to OMNI magazine, which I loved reading, cover to cover. I  look back now and wonder if she subscribed for herself or for me. I'll have to ask her.

So yeah, you could say there were some influences.

The very first episode of Star Trek aired the day after my 6th birthday. My dad made the whole family watch. Best birthday present ever!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.