Best stores for male/unisex Goth/punk clothing?

Robin Kiyori

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Like the title says, I'm looking for stores that sell delightfully dark clothing/accessories.  Searching both in world and  in the marketplace has left me lacking as most are either non existant or really seriously outdated. I have Maitreya +V-tech and a Male Slink body to work with.  So all suggestion, from mesh to appliers are welcome!

The days of silence on the post are concerning.

Am I missing details? Did I accidentally wander into a wrong fourm. (if so, if a mod could politely shove this into the right one that'd be great.)

Or worse,  There is nothing out there aside from the very outdated clothing and I'm SOL?

I'm thinking that you might get responses posting this in the "Your Avatar" section of the People forum, rather than here in the Creation forum.  I've seen discussions there where it sounded like some of the participants have similar body options as the ones that you have.  You might also take a peek in the  "How Does Your Avatar Look Today" thread under "Your Avatar" to see if you see someone wearing styles that catch your interest.  

If you want to have your post moved, I think you could report it and in the report ask for it to be moved.  (I haven't tried this myself, but I've seen it suggested by others in other threads).

Edited by moirakathleen
  • Like 1

maitreya + vtech is bad - almost no content there outside some specialized stores

Try the usual suspects (participants in femboy hunt and the Something Extra genderqueer event)

some I remember:

• Violentility (AFAIK in neither event but also does a line called "genderpunk")
  • Sensations
  • Glutz
  • Muggleborn
  • Epicine
  • Akuma Drops
Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

I completely missed this post, or I would have chipped in sooner. To Fiona's list I'll add Krankhaus and Grima (as well as correcting the spelling of Violetility). Also, don't discount a lot of the female clothiers for pants and footwear - all of which can be worn on the Maitreya body. For my Bishonen looks I rely a lot on appliers for tops, and I look for jackets rigged for Maitreya that don't have obvious boob-shaping (a prime example of which would be the Flash Cyber Coat by A&Y that was out at Neo Japan).

Callum mentioned Hotdog, who are rigging for both male and female and also putting 'flat female' fits into some of their coat and jacket packs. Also, take a look at Riot and Cubura, both of whom rig for V-Tech. Granted much of their stuff is more along the pretty femboi lines, but check for darker colours and you'll probably find stuff that you like. (Riot has an amazing Frank-N-Furter costume at Epiphany gacha at the moment; the [rare] heels alone are worth playing for.) Sn@tch is worth checking out for appliers and accessories (big sale on right now, so you can pick up stuff cheaply) and Ivey tends to let the 3D shape of mesh bodies do the work, so she goes minimal on the shading. I've used many of her black-coloured female appliers on a male avatar, and what little shading there is just looks like under-pectoral shading.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2003 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.