Jump to content

Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I agree, you can't create change by combating racism with racism. And I have no doubt there are disturbed individuals who don't get this and heap unjustified anger onto straight, white, males. I don't think the majority of marginalized groups are doing this though, and I think those in power want to portray the marginalized groups as being an angry, racist mob. In other words, those in power are creating much of this -- they encourage the polarization.

I don't think anyone in power, wants this. I think they too, are fed up with this little verbal war, between the right and left.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:
21 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I agree, you can't create change by combating racism with racism. And I have no doubt there are disturbed individuals who don't get this and heap unjustified anger onto straight, white, males. I don't think the majority of marginalized groups are doing this though, and I think those in power want to portray the marginalized groups as being an angry, racist mob. In other words, those in power are creating much of this -- they encourage the polarization.

I don't think anyone in power, wants this. I think they too, are fed up with this little verbal war, between the right and left.

What do you see as the cause of the extreme polarization in U.S. politics today?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Luna Bliss said:

What do you see as the cause of the extreme polarization in U.S. politics today?

I would say this dumb war between the right and left, both are vying for the power, both are vying for laws, that are in their favour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, halebore Aeon said:
2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

What do you see as the cause of the extreme polarization in U.S. politics today?

I would say this dumb war between the right and left, both are vying for the power, both are vying for laws, that are in their favour.

They are (both wanting laws in their favor)... but what has made the process so contentious in recent years? And which side do you favor and why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Politics in the USA has become a battle between extremists. I long for a day when cooler heads in the middle step up.

 

Added: This is off topic though. Be careful

Edited by Blush Bravin
mention being off topic
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Luna Bliss said:

They are (both wanting laws in their favor)... but what has made the process so contentious in recent years? And which side do you favor and why?

I favour no side, I don't think any side is right. Both are rather contradictory. Nothing has made anything Contentious, we choose what we get offended at.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Politics in the USA has become a battle against extremists. I long for a day when cooler heads in the middle step up.

I watched the special on MSNBC last night where Beto spoke at a college....and actually felt a glimmer of hope!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

I watched the special on MSNBC last night where Beto spoke at a college....and actually felt a glimmer of hope!

off topic

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blush Bravin said:
1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

I watched the special on MSNBC last night where Beto spoke at a college....and actually felt a glimmer of hope!

off topic

No, not off topic.

You said:

6 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

Politics in the USA has become a battle between extremists. I long for a day when cooler heads in the middle step up.

Beto is an example, for me, of someone very much in the middle with a cooler head.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Beto is an example, for me, of someone very much in the middle with a cooler head.

BS!

 

I apologize to others in the thread. I couldn't help but respond to the bait. 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blush Bravin said:
1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Beto is an example, for me, of someone very much in the middle with a cooler head.

BS!

Usually in a debate people back up their proclamations with reasoning...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who in the Hell is Beto, I think that Steven Crowder has a much cooler head. But he is more right-leaning, however, I watch from both perspectives.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And here we go, too much US politics is just asking for a thread lock which would be a shame because everyone had managed to keep it all civil and on topic and with a lot of learning and willingness to learn in my opinion

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, halebore Aeon said:

Who in the Hell is Beto, I think that Steven Crowder has a much cooler head. But he is more right-leaning, however, I watch from both perspectives.

Beto O'Rourke, a Democrat running for senator in Texas...kind of taking the state by storm atm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Back on topic, why do some in our society want to take away rights from Trans people, and label the OP as a SJW and the like? She has been castigated for being such, too much of an activist, war-like even.

Or even more on topic, why did some people do that on this very thread?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

She has been castigated for being such, too much of an activist, war-like even.

He has made it clear that he prefers to be referred to as he. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

He has made it clear that he prefers to be referred to as he.

Accidents happen..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Back on topic, why do some in our society want to take away rights from Trans people, and label the OP as a SJW and the like? She has been castigated for being such, too much of an activist, war-like even.

Or even more on topic, why did some people do that on this very thread?

Activism is totally fine, but when it comes down to domestic terrorism, assault, and murder, that is where my problem lies. Neither side is innocent, so ergo, why I don't have any political affiliation.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, halebore Aeon said:
7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Back on topic, why do some in our society want to take away rights from Trans people, and label the OP as a SJW and the like? She has been castigated for being such, too much of an activist, war-like even.

Or even more on topic, why did some people do that on this very thread?

Activism is totally fine, but when it comes down to domestic terrorism, assault, and murder, that is where my problem lies. Neither side is innocent, so ergo, why I don't have any political affiliation.

Did the OP speak of assaulting and murdering people?  I must have missed that..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Did the OP speak of assaulting and murdering people?  I must have missed that..

Your topic had the word activism in it. And I said, that I am fine with activism, just that I don't agree with the tactics, that are employed, to get one's point across.  Activism is used in the LGBT Community, so very relevant to what the OP said. 

Edited by halebore Aeon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, halebore Aeon said:
2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Did the OP speak of assaulting and murdering people?  I must have missed that..

Your topic had the word activism in it. And I said, that I am fine with activism, just that I don't agree with the tactics, that are employed, to get one's point across. 

Why would the word 'activism' even bring up the concepts of assaulting and murdering people though? That's not what I ever think of when I think of an activist.

An activist is a person who marches on Washington in a peaceful protest, or attends NOW meetings and sends out mailers to those who want to accomplish equal rights for women. Or, like the OP, tries to form a group for Trans people within SL to combat prejudice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found it objectionable that you were using this thread to push your political agenda. It was off topic and when I asked you to stop you continued.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...