15 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I don't think people are actually repulsed, as we all explored ourselves, as a teenager.

Some did. Some just went with the flow.

Just now, LexxiXhan said:

There's an awful lot that we accept about the world we live in, without really understanding it, if you think about it...

True, but I have no idea about this new fangled idea. I know the basics, trans Lesbian, bi and gay. But I lack the information or said knowledge, to really try and understand these people. With all these added, gender identities, one gets confused.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Then we believe differently, and that’s ok!

That is how I am, live and let live. If it ain't harming me, then why try and change them?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Accepting blindly, with lack of knowledge, makes no sense.

but that's exactly what the majority do..

3 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

but that's exactly what the majority do..

But isn't telling others, that if they don't accept you, that they must be evil, or insert other words? Telling people, to accept blindly? That and if I maybe had a difference of opinion, that would make me somehow ignorant? Like people are told to accept blindly, or they are just some bad dude, or chick, who deserves to be harmed.

Edited by halebore Aeon
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

But isn't how you feel, based more on the brain, than biology? Like biologically, I'm a male, neurologically, I identify as a female. Feelings and emotions are all in your brain, experiences too.

The brain and biology are not separate things. Much of the (underfunded) research into trans identities shows that there are correlations between the timing and sequence of maternal hormonal changes during gestation (in the womb) and the brain development of people who turn out to be transgender (brain scans show that trans peoples' brain development reflects the gender they identify with). But fixating on that as a form of gatekeeping for trans acceptance is potentially genocidal - there are other factors including the culture and nurturing a person is born into that add to the identity they grow up to identify with and this a vital point - a child born into the world should be able to grow into the person they feel most comfortable being, the person that enables them to offer back to the world all of their best qualities.

And fwiw, genetics has nothing to do with deciding the sex or gender of a child. Those are determined only by processes in the womb, the only exception being that some mothers may have genetic coding that influences the timing and sequence of those processes during gestation.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

The brain and biology are not separate things.

Biological brain is biological!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, LexxiXhan said:

The brain and biology are not separate things. Much of the (underfunded) research into trans identities shows that there are correlations between the timing and sequence of maternal hormonal changes during gestation (in the womb) and the brain development of people who turn out to be transgender (brain scans show that trans peoples' brain development reflects the gender they identify with). But fixating on that as a form of gatekeeping for trans acceptance is potentially genocidal - there are other factors including the culture and nurturing a person is born into that add to the identity they grow up to identify with and this a vital point - a child born into the world should be able to grow into the person they feel most comfortable being, the person that enables them to offer back to the world all of their best qualities.

And fwiw, genetics has nothing to do with deciding the sex or gender of a child. Those are determined only by processes in the womb, the only exception being that some mothers may have genetic coding that influences the timing and sequence of those processes during gestation.

But feeling something, and being something, are two totally different things. You may look like a male but feel like a female. That all being said, did you know that there is a correlation, between Aspergers, and transgenderism? 

25 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

But isn't that okay, for people to be like that, just like it's okay for you to identify, how you want?

Absolutely. Some people really are cis gendered and/ or heterosexual. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But it's often the case that some of those people aren't willing to accept that other people may differ.

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Biological brain is biological!

Neurology, the study of how the brain works, and what makes us tick, and Biology, the study of the human or animal body as a whole, are two totally separate areas. What we feel, is not the same as what we look like, or even genetics.

But they are trying to understand before they accept. Like if I don't understand something, say ghosts. I can't accept that as real. You are totally human and totally valid, but its hard to understand sometimes.

Prime example, how can you determine what ails a person, if they don't tell the doctor, that they were male or female at birth? They would wrongfully diagnose you, and let's get down to the nitty-gritty. Your bone structure is a really good indicator, of identifying you as female or male. Especially during autopsies. We have totally different pelvic bones. If gender were fluid, that would not be prevalent, in anyone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I cannot believe that “o-var-ies” is a bad word.

Don't mention 'em! I had mine removed because they were a pain in the abdomen.

The hospital was a pain too, they wouldn't let me take them home in a jar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Don't mention 'em! I had mine removed because they were a pain in the abdomen.

The hospital was a pain too, they wouldn't let me take them home in a jar.

That was quite jarring, anyway. Glad you’re all bedr without dose bits.

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

(Love redacted this comment)

This is the kind of comment that I consider to be passive aggressively poking at someone in an indirect way.  

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Neurology, the study of how the brain works, and what makes us tick, and Biology, the study of the human or animal body as a whole, are two totally separate areas.

I disagree. Neurology is the study of the nervous system and its functions and disorders, so is very much biological. Neuroscience bridges the gap between neurology and psychology.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

It does - to a point.

Not specifically commenting back to Skell, but commenting on what Skell said.  His comment was in response to someone saying they thought that asexual meant not being interested in sex.

As I read through all of the pages after this to catch up, and even went back and re-read a few previous pages, I'm coming to conclusion that Skell's answer is also the answer to pretty much every question that we've posed here concerning definitions in the Trans world.  Which is probably why some of us are still a bit confused; possibly more so for those of us that tend to think in specifics rather than abstracts.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

That all being said, did you know that there is a correlation, between Aspergers, and transgenderism?

It is a known thing. It's not something I'm qualified to speculate about though, even as someone who works with neurodiverse people professionaly. There are plenty of trans people like myself who aren't on the neurodiverse spectrum.

What goes on between  my doctor and me is just that,  Confidential and between my doctor and me. and to imply that because I  or anyone else says "I'm not male or female" would risk medical harm by not discussing with out doctors about our biology is very presumptuous and dumb,  even dumber if you try to use as an excuse to invalidate said identity because of the terms used.

and.. did  nobody read the article I bothered to link? Science is already starting to hash and realise that not even biological sex is an exact binary.  But and I have to underline this and  bold because I don't think people are getting it.

When I or anyone else says that Gender (what your mind says you are) and Sex (What your body chemistry/organs, etc show) aren't binary. We aren't denying that the majority typically fit neatly on either side of the male/female scale.

But we are saying that there are those that exist outside of it, and denying it brings about that exact same medical risk you're worrying about. Between Intersex people who are operated on without their knowledge or consent as children, or the Trans and Non binary people who suffer mental and physical ill-health due to the stresses of both Dhysphoria (Which has many forms) and  the  transphobia they face in the world.

When I say I'm not neither. I'm not  being delusional or denying biology, I'm saying it because it's true right down to the centre of my core being,  the part of the problem is my body isn't -quite- there yet, but there's also complicated stuff that is ya know.. between me and the doc so I'm not gonna go into detail here. It's not just some feeling. It's who I am.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

39 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This is the kind of comment that I consider to be passive aggressively poking at someone in an indirect way.  

Hmm..you’re right! Thanks! 

*Edit* I retracted my comment, your quote preserved it. Darn! 

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, AylinVali said:

When I or anyone else says that Gender (what your mind says you are) and Sex (What your body chemistry/organs, etc show) aren't binary. We aren't denying that the majority typically fit neatly on either side of the male/female scale.

It's easy to see why we might think that our bits are more binary than our minds. We're constantly hiding one and exposing the other.

Given the way evolution/nature works, I find it hard to imagine that anything appearing binary on cursory examination actually is. I think it's more likely to be spectrums all the way down.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
Geez, who taught me English?!
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

We're constantly hiding one and exposing the other.

Except in Second Life, where it’s reversed!

13 minutes ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Given the way evolution/nature works, I find it hard to imagine that anything appearing binary on cursory examination actually is. I think it's more likely to be spectrums all the way down.

Amen!

• Like 1