Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

So... why did they post it if it wasnt the message they wanted to convey?

Because it is a simple explanation. If you or someone else wants to believe that Trans means “bits don’t match” then that’s a start..or something..but it’s only a start.

2 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

You seem to think Eunuchs chose to become eunuchs... That was forcefully done to them..

Nope! Some were eunuchs by choice. Look it up! (A famous guy even said it..)

3 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Seeing as babies can't talk, how should we define their gender at birth?

Well, make a guess based on sex organs, but later if they say “I’m a girl!” instead of what you chose, take it seriously. Therapy, socialization with other Trans kids..they may be right! 

6 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

The trans man was the guy in the videos, teh one the OP said would answer our questions. The one you seem to think is to generalized.

Got it. *Shrug* If his explanation was so overly basic that it led you to challenge it..maybe you needed a better choice for “answers to all your questions”. Did you watch the entire video? Is it a series? Perhaps OP didn’t know your questions would not be answered by that video..

9 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

If they don't match you are trans, i get that. But if one says they are more than happy with their body even though it doesn't match what their own gender identity is.... Also, you must have missed the OP saying it doesn't matter what bits you have they dont have male or female definitions. If you have cisfemale bits and identify as a man you have male bits even if they are cisfemale, just because you say so

Yes. But, bits aside, the basic rule is: someone was raised / socialized as one gender, but knows to their core that they are the other gender. It’s not all about bits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Yes. But, bits aside, the basic rule is: someone was raised / socialized as one gender, but knows to their core that they are the other gender. It’s not all about bits.

How can you put bits aside? Bits play an important role in how we see ourselves. I don't get this Love, and believe me I"m trying.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand if you can't have the surgery, if you can't afford the surgery, or if for medical reasons the surgery could cause damage. But I don't understand why someone who identifies as male would be happy with a p*ssy. Well I can but not for the purpose of this discussion. :P 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

How can you put bits aside? Bits play an important role in how we see ourselves. I don't get this Love, and believe me I"m trying.

Bits only determine the sexual gender that was chosen for you at birth - your “internal”, emotional, psychological gender- that’s your “real” gender.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Bits only determine the sexual gender that was chosen for you at birth - your “internal”, emotional, psychological gender- that’s your “real” gender.

Yes, but if those bits that you had at birth do not coincide with the image that you have of yourself psychologically, why would you be happy with them? I can understand not being able to change them but to be happy with them .. I don't get that. Perhaps accepting them and learning to live with them because you don't have a choice. 

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

Yes, but if those bits that you had at birth do not coincide with the image that you have of yourself psychologically, why would you be happy with them? I can understand not being able to change them but to be happy with them .. I don't get that. Perhaps accepting them and learning to live with them because you don't have a choice. 

You’d have to ask them. Keep in mind, they were Created that way: Trans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You’d have to ask them. Keep in mind, they were Created that way: Trans.

Light bulb moment. Learning to love yourself as you are. We all do that. I don't like my crooked teeth but you know what .. I didn't have them straightened.  .. Not really a good comparison but still gets the idea across. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

Light bulb moment. Learning to love yourself as you are. We all do that. I don't like my crooked teeth but you know what .. I didn't have them straightened.  .. Not really a good comparison but still gets the idea across. 

It helps to remember that the real term is “Transgender”, not “Transsexual”. ?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

It helps to remember that the real term is “Transgender”, not “Transsexual”. ?

Okay, you confused me again!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blush, for a kind of mind-blowing fantasy exploration...…..

Imagine, suddenly, that male bits appeared on your body...would you still feel like a woman?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can answer that, I am pretty comfortable with my male bits, just want the physical appearance of a woman. That and, with all the complications after the surgery, yeah count me out. Also, doctor's don't really choose your gender. Its chosen in utero, after 8-10 weeks. Certain genes turn off, you're male, they stay on, you're female. Now I understand, that in some cases, that gene doesn't turn off fully, and you are left, with a woman literally in a man's body. But that is a very rare medical condition.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Luna Bliss said:

Blush, for a kind of mind-blowing fantasy exploration...…..

Imagine, suddenly, that male bits appeared on your body...would you still feel like a woman?

No, and I would have that c*ck cut off tomorrow. Honest answer. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol get out the scissors huh~

Well, I did this exercise...and I still feel like a woman...a woman with excess skin..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flippin' 'eck - has anyone here ever experienced/ considered what it's like to be a PoC listening to white people define what it's like to be a PoC, or a woman listening to men 'splain what it means to be a woman or a feminist, or a gay or lesbian person have their sexuality and personality described from a heteronormative point of view??

There've been some fabulous nuggets of information-sharing from people who actually live the experiences they describe, and it's been reassuring to see some genuine allies speak up in their defence. Much of the rest has been an absolute *****show of privileged folk exposing themselves as ignorant, insensitive and self-normative, talking and punching down more marginalised people lest their delicate self-assurance and sense of superiority be challenged in any way.

Don't bother being an entitled feckwit and expect me to 'debate' my actual fecking life with you. We see this crap over and over again, both for trans folks and every other marginalised group out there. And don't pull any of that 'politics of respectability' crap either (google it, if you're ignorant) - marginalised people have every right to be pissed off with relentless normativity and getting questioned and 'splained to hell and back by people who're too lazy and half-arsed in their allyship to pull up their big pants and go learn stuff and actually give a *****.

If hearing a marginalised person say what they actually think is too much for you, effing jog on and keep on sucking trump's arse.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LexxiXhan said:

Flippin' 'eck - has anyone here ever experienced/ considered what it's like to be a PoC listening to white people define what it's like to be a PoC, or a woman listening to men 'splain what it means to be a woman or a feminist, or a gay or lesbian person have their sexuality and personality described from a heteronormative point of view??

There've been some fabulous nuggets of information-sharing from people who actually live the experiences they describe, and it's been reassuring to see some genuine allies speak up in their defence. Much of the rest has been an absolute *****show of privileged folk exposing themselves as ignorant, insensitive and self-normative, talking and punching down more marginalised people lest their delicate self-assurance and sense of superiority be challenged in any way.

Don't bother being an entitled feckwit and expect me to 'debate' my actual fecking life with you. We see this crap over and over again, both for trans folks and every other marginalised group out there. And don't pull any of that 'politics of respectability' crap either (google it, if you're ignorant) - marginalised people have every right to be pissed off with relentless normativity and getting questioned and 'splained to hell and back by people who're too lazy and half-arsed in their allyship to pull up their big pants and go learn stuff and actually give a *****.

If hearing a marginalised person say what they actually think is too much for you, effing jog on and keep on sucking trump's arse.

Please do not speak on behalf of "All" trans folk, as if they are marginalized. Don't speak on behalf of others, as all of our experiences are not the same. 

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I can answer that, I am pretty comfortable with my male bits, just want the physical appearance of a woman. That and, with all the complications after the surgery, yeah count me out. Also, doctor's don't really choose your gender. Its chosen in utero, after 8-10 weeks. Certain genes turn off, you're male, they stay on, you're female. Now I understand, that in some cases, that gene doesn't turn off fully, and you are left, with a woman literally in a man's body. But that is a very rare medical condition.

Great! Maybe you can help Drake1 understand why you’re “still Trans”. I think that was his question. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, LexxiXhan said:

Flippin' 'eck - has anyone here ever experienced/ considered what it's like to be a PoC listening to white people define what it's like to be a PoC, or a woman listening to men 'splain what it means to be a woman or a feminist, or a gay or lesbian person have their sexuality and personality described from a heteronormative point of view??

There've been some fabulous nuggets of information-sharing from people who actually live the experiences they describe, and it's been reassuring to see some genuine allies speak up in their defence. Much of the rest has been an absolute *****show of privileged folk exposing themselves as ignorant, insensitive and self-normative, talking and punching down more marginalised people lest their delicate self-assurance and sense of superiority be challenged in any way.

Don't bother being an entitled feckwit and expect me to 'debate' my actual fecking life with you. We see this crap over and over again, both for trans folks and every other marginalised group out there. And don't pull any of that 'politics of respectability' crap either (google it, if you're ignorant) - marginalised people have every right to be pissed off with relentless normativity and getting questioned and 'splained to hell and back by people who're too lazy and half-arsed in their allyship to pull up their big pants and go learn stuff and actually give a *****.

If hearing a marginalised person say what they actually think is too much for you, effing jog on and keep on sucking trump's arse.

Lexxi, I do see what you're saying...and I have protested against the worst of it..

But I also realize that the reason some can't see your point of view is because it brings up stuff about ourselves...emotional/psychological stuff we haven't processed. Most people aren't aware how they've been mostly socialized into being male/female. So I see this exploration as good as long as it does not denigrate a trans person....because in the end we end up understanding you better by knowing ourselves better..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Great! Maybe you can help Drake1 understand why you’re “still Trans”. I think that was his question. 

Simple my dear Watson, its all due to the brain. I feel that I was born in the wrong body, and it's as simple as that. Right brain, wrong body.  I think he explained that multiple times, I don't feel male, so ergo, I'm female.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

Lexxi, I do see what you're saying...and I have protested against the worst of it..

But I also realize that the reason some can't see your point of view is because it brings up stuff about ourselves...emotional/psychological stuff we haven't processed. Most people aren't aware how they've been mostly socialized into being male/female. So I see this exploration as good as long as it does not denigrate a trans person....because in the end we end up understanding you better by knowing ourselves better..

But this is the thing, we all experience this differently. So I really don't see it, while one may go through bullying, the other may not. We are all different, with different experiences, emotions, we are individuals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

Simple my dear Watson, its all due to the brain. I feel that I was born in the wrong body, and it's as simple as that. Right brain, wrong body.  I think he explained that multiple times, I don't feel male, so ergo, I'm female.

 

Edit: I retract my comment, as it would be way too passive-aggressive. Thanks!

Edited by Love Zhaoying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

This totally confuses me. Can you quote him so I can find where he said this please?

 

14 hours ago, OfDragonFire said:

I am transgender, I was born in what you are calling a 'female' body but it is my body and there's nothing female about it. I don't need to look like a cisgender man to be a man, I already am one. 

But having an avatar/character who is comfortable with his body, and is 100%  male helps alleviate a lot of the distress and remind me that there's nothing inherently feminine about it.

My chest, it doesn't cause me distress because it's 'female' - it causes me distress because it isn't me. My front hole? I am more than happy with that part of my body.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, halebore Aeon said:

But this is the thing, we all experience this differently. So I really don't see it, while one may go through bullying, the other may not. We are all different, with different experiences, emotions, we are individuals.

That's true, but it occurred to me that the reason most can't comprehend gender fluidity is because they don't realize their gender has been, in part, created by conditioning. It all happened on a (mostly) unconscious level growing up.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Too bad he watched that video!

He already explained it, literally said, I don't feel I was born in the right body, so I must do something about it. He also stated, that he has a daughter, who is questioning her gender. And that he supports this.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

That's true, but it occurred to me that the reason most can't comprehend gender fluidity is because they don't realize their gender has been, in part, created by conditioning. It all happened on a (mostly) unconscious level growing up.

What conditioning, I get colour and toys, but how about those things that we have, like animals. Instincts? Like a mans, natural instinct is to protect and provide. while a woman's is to nurture. I am not being sexist, but this has been like this since humans first arrived. Women naturally tend to nurture and protect their newborn baby, and men do the same. That has not been conditioned at all.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Please do not speak on behalf of "All" trans folk, as if they are marginalized. Don't speak on behalf of others, as all of our experiences are not the same. 

Wouldn't dream of it, so I didn't :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...