3 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

Hogwash.

ETA...

What I wrote there accurately expressed/expresses my opinion of your post, but in addition to being pretty rude is not at all helpful to the discussion. Having considered the subject I thought I'd come back and try to be more calm and collected. 

It's a given that every non-sourced post in a forum like this is purely the poster's opinion. Even so, when you make statements such as the one I quoted you should really take pains to point out in the post that what you are saying is your personal opinion only; the "...I would guess..." covered only the one phrase, not the whole post.

Without that being done it appears you are speaking from a position of personal knowledge. Quite frankly, on this particular subject you don't have a clue.

all i can suggest is look up the definition of gender and then look up cisgender and transgender.

It becoming obvious that the people in here can't even agree on basic definitions.

cisgender: I see my physical body and yes that is what I am.

transgender: I see my physical gender but something is wrong because my body should be the other gender.

And sweetie i have far more knowledge  of this topic than you will ever know

• Like 1

3 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

That picture made me think of that Cartoon movie. The Brave Little Toaster.

I could probably recite the dialog from the entire movie from memory - it was one of my son's favorites when he was a little tike.

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I support who you are, and your right to be who you are, but you REALLY don't exist......is hateful.

they take up space, of course they exist. but i'm not gonna redefine reality to salve their troubled minds

22 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

trans sexual

The modern term is just “Trans” which short for “Transgender”.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I support who you are, and your right to be who you are, but you REALLY don't exist......is hateful.

When did she say that someone doesn't exist?. Not believing in certain gender definitions is not saying that someone doesn't exist. She's acknowledging those involved perfectly fine, she just doesn't agree with certain identity labels that some people ascribe to. Believe it or not she's allowed to believe that, it's called freedom of speech, freedom of thought, the right to disagree with something. It's not like she's come in here with the intention of being a dick if anything she was very calm, collected and accepting until the OP went full on at her over virtually nothing. As I stated earlier it's different if she had come in here with all the usual trans ignorance and slurs, but she didn't. Yall need some chill.

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

In fact before we continue let's get some basic definitions down so we at least sound like we know what we are talking about :

Hate : Feelings of intense dislike, revenge, loathing, hostility and revulsion 

Transgender : Umbrella term used to define anyone from cross dressers to transsexuals. All non CIS people come under this heading.

Transsexual : A person who is at odds with their birth sex and seeks to change it through means of surgery and treatment.

CIS/ cisgender : A person who does not come under the transgender/sexual category and identifies with the sex they are born as. 

23 minutes ago, chibiusa Ling said:

When did she say that someone doesn't exist?.

A trans person came to the forum to vent regarding prejudice they've experienced here, and request like-minded individuals to join in making their world safer for trans people. The OP is asking for support. This is not the time to tell them we don't believe in their reality -- that's not why they came here to start this thread.
Perhaps we should discuss the complexities of sex and gender (or for some, the primacy of weewees and hoohoos) on another thread.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

You two should get a room  B|

I'm so sorry -- I will not address Love directly on the forum anymore...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Phorumities said:
  4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

41 minutes ago, Phorumities said:

they take up space, of course they exist. but i'm not gonna redefine reality to salve their troubled minds

Why do you feel the need to tell them what you think about their genitalia? Looking at the first post from the OP it does not seem they requested that..

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chibiusa Ling said:

In fact before we continue let's get some basic definitions down so we at least sound like we know what we are talking about :

Transgender : Umbrella term used to define anyone from cross dressers to transsexuals. All non CIS people come under this heading.

Oh sweety, stop. Gay, lesbians and bi-sexuals are solidly knowing of their genders... They are not Transgender. Hence why there is a T at the end of LGBT... My daughter just LOLed so loud it scared my cat.. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Look I support anyone's decisions and am willing to help anyone, with what's grieving them. I already offered some help, to the OP. But I want to make things straight, her or him, I don't want to be an ass. But they literally went on this tirade, on how they are made fun of, cause they are trans. Unless you are walking up to people, and saying that, or it says it in your profile. I highly doubt that is the reason why you are being bullied. Obviously, they have some sort of disdain towards you, whether it's your appearance, how you act, or they just don't like you. I don't go up to people in the street and go Hey, I'm Sammy, I'm trans, you must accept me, or you are an evil person.  That would be looked at as weird, and well you will get made fun of. I really don't associate with the LGBT community, for that reason. For a good chunk of them, are trying to seek attention, and when they don't get the attention they want or hear the answer they want. They will attack you, and call you all these names.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

Oh sweety, stop. Gay, lesbians and bi-sexuals are solidly knowing of their genders... They are not Transgender. Hence why there is a T at the end of LGBT... My daughter just LOLed so loud it scared my cat.. 

Are you stupid?. Sexuality and gender are not the same thing. A gay man who identifies as a man is a cisgendered man

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, chibiusa Ling said:

Are you stupid?. Sexuality and gender are not the same thing. A gay man who identifies as a man is a cisgendered man

Errr,.... both me as a scientist and my dictionary beg to differ...

Your gender is binary and determeined at conception, your identity is not. Don't confuse those two...

PS: And about that "stupid" ... ever wondered why we grown ups frown upon even discussing with you folks?

Edited by Fionalein
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Fionalein said:

Your gender is binary and determeined at conception, your identity is not. Don't confuse those two...

I think you missed or dismissed the discussion of non-binary..

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Fionalein said:

PS: And about that "stupid" ... ever wondered why we grown ups frown upon even discussing with you folks?

Sexuality meant in terms of what you are sexually attracted to. He was trying to compare being sexually interested in the same sex to being gender dysphoric and wanting to change your birth sex in some way. One is not the other. Also if you have read ANY of my previous posts you would know that I'm more than aware of the difference between binary sex and gender identity.

Edited by chibiusa Ling

8 hours ago, Drake1 Nightfire said:

So, I know I am going to get attacked for this question, but seriously, this is me talking here..Does anyone expect any less? 

Why in the name of all that is unholy would you feel the need to tell people you are trans in RL while you are in SL? Unless you think you will be meeting in RL does it really have a single drop of bearing on SL? I mean, if you are MtF trans, get a female av, FtM? get a male av.. Why bother making your av reflect the outer you in RL? Wouldn't you, as a trans person, want to reflect the inner RL you? I mean, hell, I am different on the daily. Human, animal, demon, anthro, furry, toaster, android, and everything in-between. With all trans people put up with in the real world, and I back you all 100% for the crap you deal with, why subject yourselves to it in SL? 

And before anyone jumps too far down my throat, both of my daughters are LGBT and two of my best friends growing up are trans. Neither of them understand this either, both use SL. Both are their inner genders in SL. Hell, my youngest was born the day Mass legalized same sex marriage and she is so damn proud of that.

And seriously folks, we all know that the Cheeto n charge is doing everything he can to remove the hard fought rights of the LGBT community, even after saying  time and time again he is "their great protector." 

I feel like I answered this over and over again throughout the thread but not all trans people are the same and not all of us fit or want to fit into society's ideas of what it means to be male or female. I am proud of who I am, of my gender; why would I want to hide it? Or erase that part of my identity to make other people feel better? 

1 hour ago, chibiusa Ling said:

It's good to try to define terminology, but cross dressers most definitely do not come under the transgender umbrella. A cross dresser can happen to also be transgender (ie a trans woman dressing as a man for whatever purpose), or a cross dresser could go on to discover they might be trans in a later stage of their self-exploration, but by definition a cross dresser is dressing against their gender identity.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LexxiXhan said:

It's good to try to define terminology, but cross dressers most definitely do not come under the transgender umbrella. A cross dresser can happen to also be transgender (ie a trans woman dressing as a man for whatever purpose), or a cross dresser could go on to discover they might be trans in a later stage of their self-exploration, but by definition a cross dresser is dressing against their gender identity.

They do because even tho they identify as male they also identify as having a female side and if you believe any of the gender definitions then that covers several. They are included as part of it in most trans circles I know. But, it's important to separate them from cross dressing fetishists as they are something totally different 

5 hours ago, halebore Aeon said:

I think I may want to say something, while all arguments are valid here, and there are some really great opinions, and ideas being thrown around. I want to point out one thing, not all trans people want to be validated. I know myself, I just want to be who I am, and be happy about it. Which I am, I would rather self-validate myself, and not care what others think around me. Now that could be a big problem, but that is how I see the world. As for oppression, never once, have I felt oppressed or victimized. If I get people who are idiots, I just turn around and walk away. It's as simple as that. What I am trying to say, is they don't want the label of trans. They just want to be identified, as the gender, they feel they are. So I am a man transitioning to a woman,  I don't want the arbitrary label of being called trans. I just want to be called a woman. 

Like I said countless times throughout this thread, trans people are different - we all have different needs and different desires. You haven't felt oppressed? That's wonderful, that's a privilege and it doesn't change the fact that trans people are a marginalized minority. Trans is a big part of my identity, of who I am as a person. It is something I am proud to be. Sure, my life would have been far easier if I was cis instead, but even if I could I wouldn't trade who I am for anything. 

But I am really glad to hear you've had a better experience ❤️ we need more of that, we need happy stories, we need success stories.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, chibiusa Ling said:

even tho they identify as male they also identify as having a female side

If it's part of their identity, they're not 'crossdressing'.

I do agree with you about fetishists though.

2 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The modern term is just “Trans” which short for “Transgender”.

my bad.

cisgender: your mind agrees with the physical sex your your body is.

Transgender (shortened to trans for all the cool with-it kids): your mind disagrees with the physical sex your body is.

sex: gender, ie male or female. 

That's all there is, the rest is just mental masturbation.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OfDragonFire said:

Like I said countless times throughout this thread, trans people are different - we all have different needs and different desires. You haven't felt oppressed? That's wonderful, that's a privilege and it doesn't change the fact that trans people are a marginalized minority. Trans is a big part of my identity, of who I am as a person. It is something I am proud to be. Sure, my life would have been far easier if I was cis instead, but even if I could I wouldn't trade who I am for anything. 

But I am really glad to hear you've had a better experience ❤️ we need more of that, we need happy stories, we need success stories.

Sweetie we are ALL different, We ALL have different needs and different desires. I hope you aren't gonna say all cisgendered people are the same.

I was oppressed just the other week and I posted a heartfelt account of it, but it got deleted in a mass post dump in some thread that ran of the rails.

I also posted about one of my fave book charactors, but that got deleted too.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, chibiusa Ling said:

They do because even tho they identify as male they also identify as having a female side and if you believe any of the gender definitions then that covers several. They are included as part of it in most trans circles I know. But, it's important to separate them from cross dressing fetishists as they are something totally different 

I just have to say Foamy the Squirrel is awesome

• Like 1