Tier prices

greek Wingtips

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

The jumps between tier prices are too high, for me, I am paying $22 per month, I cannot afford to jump to the next level  $35.00  and its not really the land mass I need its prims,

maybe LLs can create a buy prims only scheme, I have 4098 region which I am happy with, but am in need of Prims,  so maybe this would be another way for LL to bring another income to them but with people having to break the bank,

17 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

The jumps between tier prices are too high, for me, I am paying $22 per month, I cannot afford to jump to the next level  $35.00  and its not really the land mass I need its prims,

maybe LLs can create a buy prims only scheme, I have 4098 region which I am happy with, but am in need of Prims,  so maybe this would be another way for LL to bring another income to them but with people having to break the bank,

Why do you think they would charge any less for the prims you want than a parcel of the right size to give you those prims?

1 minute ago, KanryDrago said:

Why do you think they would charge any less for the prims you want than a parcel of the right size to give you those prims?

I imagine the idea is that the prims wouldn't have to be sold in such large discrete steps as land tier -- although it's not obvious the land itself should need to come in such big steps either. It's a marketing decision, so yeah, if it makes marketing sense for land tier, it should for "prims tier" too. One could quibble that it doesn't make sense at all, but I can't make that argument myself, knowing nothing about marketing.

One thing: If land tier steps were a big enough problem for folks, one would expect the rental of spare tier would be a more common practice than it is. I mean, I think it still exists, but I don't think I know anybody actually using it. So if it's not a big enough problem to make a third-party market, maybe it's not a big enough problem for LL to profit by addressing it. (Possibly folks just get Premium alts and that's good enough.)

45 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

if i'm not wrong you posted something like this before the last tier and prim change too ( even more than one during past years)
So it's a recurring problem, even after the changes that been made.

i'd say, get used to the limit, find lower li materials or :

You have already a tier level  to use 1024+4096+ 10%  sqm if you use a group, and don't need to go to the next jump when you use a alt for a addition of 4/6/13 USD

Edited by Ethan Paslong

46 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

you are paying at the 4096 level but you also have your 1024 sq m free. plus donate the land to your group and the total land you can have is 5632 sq m. if that still isn't enough there are mainland sims that have a prim bonus, or you can rent tier from another person in whatever amount you need.

6 minutes ago, greek Wingtips said:

So what Ethan, what are we not allowed talk about previous posts or repeats?   I was not aware your the moderator of the forums

as far i know i only mentioned that and gave a totally normal response. It's more typical you take it as offensive.

It's not on me how you read things.

Like I said, $22.00 then jumps to $35.000 I personally think its too much hike and maybe place another Tier between them, I not asking for charity as, to just prims to charge, its just floating an Idea and again it not asking for a freebie.

Edited by greek Wingtips

1 hour ago, greek Wingtips said:

There is a common misconception in SL that land itself incurs some significant cost for LL to support. The bulk of the computational load on any parcel comes from the objects rezzed there, not from the underlying terrain. You can think of the ground under your feet as just another prim. If LL were to separate pricing for prims and area, according to computational load, you'd see a massive disparity in pricing that would probably drive everyone to park prim heavy structures in the middle of massive empty parcels, simply to get away from each other. By linking prims to area, LL discourages the suburban sprawl that works against socializing and promotes a more consistent density of creation and population across the landscape.

• Like 9

I imagine that if LL thought smaller levels were a good idea, they would have done so a long time ago.

That being said, I personally wish there were more in-between levels.  I'd like to see a middle level between each current level from 8192 on (possibly from 4096 on).

Open a JIRA - that is what they tell everyone to do with suggestions.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

I faced this battle some time ago. I wanted more prims but didn't want to jump to the next level in tier. So I just made another premium account. I got the extra land and prims I wanted but didn't have to pay that huge jump in tier. That was many years ago. At one time I had five premiums. Now I only have two premiums but all the land I own is double prim land. Gotta say I love my prims!!!!

2 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I faced this battle some time ago. I wanted more prims but didn't want to jump to the next level in tier. So I just made another premium account. I got the extra land and prims I wanted but didn't have to pay that huge jump in tier. That was many years ago. At one time I had five premiums. Now I only have two premiums but all the land I own is double prim land. Gotta say I love my prims!!!!

I currently have a total of 8 Premium accounts, specifically because IF I am good and save the L$ stipends and cash them out, then the cost for each extra 1024 tier that the Premium gives me is only a few bucks a year.

That being said, I am not awesome at saving ALL of those L$ stipends, thus my overall cost is a smidgen more, but still cheaper in the long run that paying the bump in tier.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I was thinking about that after  I posted about having extra 1024 levels.  A 1024 is 7 dollars a month, a premium membership is 6 dollars a month, seems like getting a second premium membership is the way to go if you want just a bit more land.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That being said, I am not awesome at saving ALL of those L$ stipends, thus my overall cost is a smidgen more, but still cheaper in the long run that paying the bump in tier.

I don't save Blush or Debi's stipends, but when I had the extra 3 I only logged them in once or twice a year to send them a few additional lindens and then to cash out so the funds were in the account on renewal day. It is so inexpensive if you do it this way. :D

• Like 2

With small parcels there is normally room to expand, especially if you are patient and snap up extra land appearing in the region. As said above, the cheapest way to fund this is to start another premium Alt paying yearly, which can get you an extra group of prims. All that said it would be nice to see land tier rise in smaller increments. I also think it would raise the Lab's revenue per premium.

It happens at the other end too. People on homesteads (about 9001-ish of these are privately held in SL) are a bit snookered. Yes, it can be done by converting the homestead to a full region, but that's quite a bit of liason work with the helpdesk, and a pretty big cost if you only need 1500 or 2000 more LI.

Just as it's really needed in the lower end, the same needs to happen at the other end. Homestead owners need a way to get over the hard cap of 5K.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, greek Wingtips said:

I have 4098 region

Time for nitpicking (with extra points if it annoys the OP). It isn't possible to have a 4098 square meter parcel. Valid parcel sizes are divisible by 16. It's not a region. A region is 256m x 256m (65,536 square meters). It's not a sim either. What you have is a parcel.

You've been told how to get more land without paying for the next tier level. Do that or use lower LI things on your parcel.

• Like 2

I have plenty now, but what some folks don't do often enough, is roam around their places and experiment with linking items or shrinking them down or go to a sandbox and try combos of items.  Tis particularly works well with copyable, small items.  A lot of those little 1LI items can often be linked, turning 3 separate items with 3LI total into 1LI.  Also shrink stuff down.  We become used to living in huge monstrosities, often with the furniture taking up just 1/8 the entire room.  You'd be surprised how much you might be able to drop just by shrinking your home just a small bit.  I have plenty of LI right now and still do these simple things whenever I can.

Edited by Sandy Schnook
  • Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 10:23 AM, greek Wingtips said:

From my POV, you should be grateful you can afford a premium account. Many of us can't.

There are times when I truly wish LL would allow basic accounts just a 512 so we can have a place to log in and open boxes, if nothing else. It would certainly help mainland to not be quite so... barren and desolate with all the abandoned land I've seen as I TP around looking for the stores I used to shop in. It would also contribute to customer retention since even basic accounts do contribute to the economy that LL profits from.

Greed is far more blind than justice ever will be.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 1:23 PM, greek Wingtips said:

Dear Mr. Wingtips,

Actually, you have a 4096 square meter parcel.  As others have pointed out, you can own more land than this without increasing your $22.00 USD per month land cost.

You can do this in two ways:

1. Your Premium membership allows you to own 1,024 sq. m. without incurring a monthly fee.  So, you can own 4096+1024 = 5,120 sq. m. without changing your monthly bill.
  2. You can create a group, then donate your tier to the group and buy land for the group.  Groups get a 10% tier bonus.  So, if you donate your 5,120 sq. m. of available tier to a group, that group can own as much as 5,120 x 1.10 = 5,632 sq. m.

You can also buy land that has a double prim allowance.  Land in Bay City, Nautilus City, and the Horizons mainland regions has this feature.  Unfortunately, this also causes the asking prices for parcels in these areas to be very high.  You can expect to pay as much as $L99 per square meter or more for double prim land.  Since you say you are on a tight budget, this option is probably not suitable for you.

Note, you cannot increase your prims by simply buying additional land anywhere.  You can find a larger parcel, sell or abandon your current land, buy the new parcel, and move.  Or, if there is additional land for sale in the region where your current land is located, buying a parcel there will add to your available prims.  The prims you can use depends on the total amount of land you own WITHIN A PARTICULAR REGION...even if those parcels are not adjacent.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

There are times when I truly wish LL would allow basic accounts just a 512 so we can have a place to log in and open boxes, if nothing else. It would certainly help mainland to not be quite so... barren and desolate with all the abandoned land I've seen as I TP around looking for the stores I used to shop in. It would also contribute to customer retention since even basic accounts do contribute to the economy that LL profits from.

Greed is far more blind than justice ever will be.

oh great idea... i'm going to make 10.000 basic accounts and claim the whole mainland... for FREE

(just to show that's not going to work....) result... no premiums at all anymore.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2001 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.