Bunny Latoe

Will i be able to play ultra high?

I’m getting a gaming laptop soon im wondering if im able to play ultra high mode with out issues

Processor:  AMD Ryzen 2700 3.20 GHz Octa Core (8-core)

Memory: 16 GB DDR4 SDRAM

Harddrive:  512GB PCIe Sold state disk SSD

Graphics card: AMD Radeon RX VEGA56, 8G HBM2

screen: 17.3" FHD IPS LED LCD screen 144Hz 16:9 with 1920x1080 resolution

I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be able to run fine on that, unless it has any cooling issues.  The CPU and Video card are both considered high end, with good performance ratings.

ETA: That said, per the Passmark benchmark site, neither of them are necessarily good values for the money.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

SL will always have issues, some are software limits some are user induced due to texture and polygon abuse. You will have a better system than I do now and usually I can usually run Ultra settings with ~15 FPS. So you should be fine. A big deal breaker could be your internet connection and the aforementioned cooling issues.

Personally I prefer tweaking my Graphics settings instead of using the way inferior "One slider to rule them all" method.

Edited by Fionalein
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Pamela Galli said:

I was going to say Well why not? But then realized I misunderstood the question. ?

Yeah, when I play UH, I tend to space out.

• Haha 3

On 10/25/2018 at 10:32 AM, Fionalein said:

SL will always have issues, some are software limits some are user induced due to texture and polygon abuse. You will have a better system than I do now and usually I can usually run Ultra settings with ~15 FPS. So you should be fine. A big deal breaker could be your internet connection and the aforementioned cooling issues.

Personally I prefer tweaking my Graphics settings instead of using the way inferior "One slider to rule them all" method.

Thats true, I have a beefy rig, and SL on Ultra never uses more than like 34% max of my GPU or CPU and barely any of my RAM at all, just a tiny fraction.  I do get lag, but its usually my Net speeddropped packets :(  thats the cause, software limitations, and poorly constructed scenes too of course, thats a biggie!  The game was optimized for older paradigm of rigs.  That said, there are things in the works to increase performance and such, so its only a matter of time before those things start to come out and land. :)

Edited by Macrocosm Draegonne