Groups is Full

Mistpony

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Mistpony said:

I have a space Groups full (42 Groups)
How can I move space for Groups Without leaving the groups?

You can't. 42 is the limit.  Premium members get 60 group slots.  You could possibly find one of your groups also has a subscribo group you can join to keep getting information but leave the main group and free up that group slot.

Edited by Cindy Evanier
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sheesh, kids today!

Back in the day, the maximum was 30 groups.  LL raised that to 42, and then allowed Premium members to have up to 60. 

None of these numbers were chosen arbitrarily (although the 42 may have also had a whimsical component, being an homage to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy).  Groups represent information about your avatar (like your appearance, worn items, and inventory) that must be passed from one server to another when you change regions.  The more information that must be passed, the more likely it is that there will be problems.  30 was the best compromise LL felt they could come up with.  As server performance improved, they were able to increase that number.

I have seldom found a need for more than 30, myself.  Perhaps I'm just an antisocial old biddy.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I have seldom found a need for more than 30, myself.  Perhaps I'm just an antisocial old biddy.

Me either.  I have usually had between 20 and 30, mostly for business purposes.  I can't see that I'll ever need more.  But, then again, I'm antisocial too.  ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1957 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.